Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

To those i knew, lived, died, fought and killed alongside! This is for you!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterGalleryLog in

A challenger appears! (Spoilers)

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Nemonomicon
Anchillae
Anchillae
Nemonomicon

Awesomeness : 9

Character sheet
Name: Nemo
Clan: Ventrue/Malkavian
Covenant: The Invictus

A challenger appears! (Spoilers) - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: A challenger appears! (Spoilers)   A challenger appears! (Spoilers) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 03, 2009 8:36 pm

First topic message reminder :

So, how is your world of Darkness? (please say that it is violent) Razz
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
Boehlke
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Boehlke

Awesomeness : 43

Character sheet
Name: Nickolas
Clan: Gangrel
Covenant: Unbound

PostSubject: Re: A challenger appears! (Spoilers)   A challenger appears! (Spoilers) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2009 3:24 am

Haha, yeah. Man, as I've said before. I'm looking forward to this. I've never seen anyone pull off a successful malk.

There has always been weird situations that the player finds funny, because, well. My character is mad, so he's excused to do crazy and stupid things. But what they do not think of is how the rest of "the world" reacts to the craziness. Now, I'm ok with craziness and morbidity, hell even severe perversions. But not stupidity. And most people seem to neglect the difference. Take Hitler for instance, he was beyond doubdt mad, but he was absolutely no fool. Why do Ventrue stay in power despite their affinity to madness? Well, they manage to mask it enough to look sincere, and this is extremely important.
Back to top Go down
https://radioactive.forumotion.com
Nemonomicon
Anchillae
Anchillae
Nemonomicon

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A challenger appears! (Spoilers)   A challenger appears! (Spoilers) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2009 3:28 am

Boehlke wrote:
Haha, yeah. Man, as I've said before. I'm looking forward to this. I've never seen anyone pull off a successful malk.

There has always been weird situations that the player finds funny, because, well. My character is mad, so he's excused to do crazy and stupid things. But what they do not think of is how the rest of "the world" reacts to the craziness. Now, I'm ok with craziness and morbidity, hell even severe perversions. But not stupidity. And most people seem to neglect the difference. Take Hitler for instance, he was beyond doubdt mad, but he was absolutely no fool. Why do Ventrue stay in power despite their affinity to madness? Well, they manage to mask it enough to look sincere, and this is extremely important.

Note also, that the more powerful one are, the more ecsentric you becomes and less insane. For who would dear to call the person that could get you beheaded, insane? Wink
Back to top Go down
Boehlke
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Boehlke

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A challenger appears! (Spoilers)   A challenger appears! (Spoilers) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2009 3:36 am

That is true. Alas, If you think you are the shit, know this: There is always something worse Smile

Also, a regent who's reign is ruled by madness will be removed, earlier rather than later. The feudal system is more intricate than so. When the lynch mob comes, the beheader will be the beheaded.

I have to note though, that madness is a subjective thing.
Back to top Go down
Nemonomicon
Anchillae
Anchillae
Nemonomicon

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A challenger appears! (Spoilers)   A challenger appears! (Spoilers) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2009 3:50 am

Boehlke wrote:
That is true. Alas, If you think you are the shit, know this: There is always something worse Smile

Also, a regent who's reign is ruled by madness will be removed, earlier rather than later. The feudal system is more intricate than so. When the lynch mob comes, the beheader will be the beheaded.

I have to note though, that madness is a subjective thing.

Speaking of feudal systems and such, got a quite fitting quote concerning that and madness.

“Madness is rare in individuals, but in groups, parties, nations and ages is it the rule”
Back to top Go down
Boehlke
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Boehlke

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A challenger appears! (Spoilers)   A challenger appears! (Spoilers) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2009 3:51 am

That is so darn true! But it's not exactly that type of madness I am talking about...
Back to top Go down
Nemonomicon
Anchillae
Anchillae
Nemonomicon

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A challenger appears! (Spoilers)   A challenger appears! (Spoilers) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2009 3:53 am

Boehlke wrote:
That is so darn true! But it's not exactly that type of madness I am talking about...

Do explain.
Back to top Go down
Boehlke
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Boehlke

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A challenger appears! (Spoilers)   A challenger appears! (Spoilers) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2009 4:16 am

I am talking about the madness that people tend to "role-role-play" I added two roles there, and I'll explain why later, if I don't trail off. The madness I mean is the kind that makes the character look quite stupid, both intellectually and practically. You don't spit in your hand before shaking hands with strangers, you don't fondle strangers, you don't get aggressive in strangers faces and accusing them for the extermination of the Jews or whatnot. And you don't spray visions like "The night is mysterious mistress, he whom walks the night alone shal know the spark of hummakawula" or start spewing death prophecies wantonly. This is what I tend to call superficial madness. Sure people have some 'ticks' that make them do weird stuff, hell i should know that better than most... But this is beyond the point. The madness that should be displayed in this game should go much deeper than this. A foul elder going around cursing at everyone calling them liars, insulting, or maybe outright make them look bad in public will find himself strapped to a chair waiting for the sun surprisingly fast. The game is about personal horror. When you start to notice that you have urges, or quirks that is way off, then you try to hide it, and perhaps even delve in it when the curtains is closed. That is what it is about. That is also why I was reluctant to allow self made degenerations, and that is why I believe one should stick to the degenerations as a means to contain and exploit the madness that lies within them.

*Edit*

i knew it, I forgot the "role-role-play" what I meant was with the superficial madness, you role play madness when it is appropriate, hence you sort of role play the madness within the madman you are role playing. And that does not work out well.
Back to top Go down
Nemonomicon
Anchillae
Anchillae
Nemonomicon

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A challenger appears! (Spoilers)   A challenger appears! (Spoilers) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2009 4:26 am

Boehlke wrote:
I am talking about the madness that people tend to "role-role-play" I added two roles there, and I'll explain why later, if I don't trail off. The madness I mean is the kind that makes the character look quite stupid, both intellectually and practically. You don't spit in your hand before shaking hands with strangers, you don't fondle strangers, you don't get aggressive in strangers faces and accusing them for the extermination of the Jews or whatnot. And you don't spray visions like "The night is mysterious mistress, he whom walks the night alone shal know the spark of hummakawula" or start spewing death prophecies wantonly. This is what I tend to call superficial madness. Sure people have some 'ticks' that make them do weird stuff, hell i should know that better than most... But this is beyond the point. The madness that should be displayed in this game should go much deeper than this. A foul elder going around cursing at everyone calling them liars, insulting, or maybe outright make them look bad in public will find himself strapped to a chair waiting for the sun surprisingly fast. The game is about personal horror. When you start to notice that you have urges, or quirks that is way off, then you try to hide it, and perhaps even delve in it when the curtains is closed. That is what it is about. That is also why I was reluctant to allow self made degenerations, and that is why I believe one should stick to the degenerations as a means to contain and exploit the madness that lies within them.

I agree, madness is not a get out of jail free card for the players to abuse so they can get their character to act OOC. what their derangment is very distinct and a agrophobic dont talk with voices in their head, unless they have a derangment which specify that. Many mix stupid with insane, and thats a pity. Since sometimes, the smartest person in the room, might be the most insane. And the funny thing is, no one would ever guess it. Since he seems normal. Personality and insanity is not neccesary the same thing. Nemo, while have som minor quirks, which is not unormal for a ventrue, is not this babbling fool who spews out threats to any bloke that crosses his path.
Back to top Go down
Boehlke
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Boehlke

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A challenger appears! (Spoilers)   A challenger appears! (Spoilers) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2009 4:34 am

That's good to hear. It is a pity that most players dwell too much on the subject of their characters madness. That is supposed to be their grief and sorrow, not everyone else's. Well, now I can only say that i am looking forward to see him in action. Some time ago, I was thinking of creating a character with some severe perverted derangements. I think that is a very taboo, and mindwrecking topic, which fits the spirit of WOD just fine.
Back to top Go down
Nemonomicon
Anchillae
Anchillae
Nemonomicon

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A challenger appears! (Spoilers)   A challenger appears! (Spoilers) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2009 4:49 am

Boehlke wrote:
That's good to hear. It is a pity that most players dwell too much on the subject of their characters madness. That is supposed to be their grief and sorrow, not everyone else's. Well, now I can only say that i am looking forward to see him in action. Some time ago, I was thinking of creating a character with some severe perverted derangements. I think that is a very taboo, and mindwrecking topic, which fits the spirit of WOD just fine.

For Nemo, his derangment is mostly a blessing, and not a curse. He belives that this madness trancends him. While the restrictions his madness leash him with(have to wear black, look pristine at any time) its worth the boon which it has to offer. what hurts him the most, must be the fact that he must hide it, which could be applied to the fact that all vampires must hide, for the sake of the masqerade.

What type of pervertion did you have in mind?
Back to top Go down
Boehlke
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Boehlke

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A challenger appears! (Spoilers)   A challenger appears! (Spoilers) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2009 4:56 am

Anything actually. I've read a lot of the novels. And well, things can get so depraved, even my bowels are churning.
Back to top Go down
Nemonomicon
Anchillae
Anchillae
Nemonomicon

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A challenger appears! (Spoilers)   A challenger appears! (Spoilers) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2009 4:58 am

Sounds wonderful, hope you get that effect when I describe nemo's small torture moments Wink
Back to top Go down
Boehlke
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Boehlke

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A challenger appears! (Spoilers)   A challenger appears! (Spoilers) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2009 12:53 pm

Haha yeah. Wonder if I'll see some saw tendencies Razz
Back to top Go down
Nemonomicon
Anchillae
Anchillae
Nemonomicon

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A challenger appears! (Spoilers)   A challenger appears! (Spoilers) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2009 12:59 pm

Boehlke wrote:
Haha yeah. Wonder if I'll see some saw tendencies Razz

"with a short flick with is sword, he created a "V" shaped wound on the guys back. He bent down grabbing the skin at the tip of the V, and slowly teared up the skin inch by inch, reveling the agonizing screams how the victim. When the skin failed to stick to the victim, Nemo jabbed his index finger on the open muscle, twisting it while laughing sadistically"
Back to top Go down
Nemonomicon
Anchillae
Anchillae
Nemonomicon

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A challenger appears! (Spoilers)   A challenger appears! (Spoilers) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 12, 2009 8:16 pm

I have a request, I am creating a devotion, which I want for Nemo (if you would allowe).

A moment of madness
(Dementation ¤¤¤, Dominate ¤¤)

The criteria for this is the same as for the power Mesmerize to function(eyecontact and etc.) The victim belives something which he would not normally belive. It could be simple thing as "my jacket is green" when its actually brown. or as complex as " if I dont reach that train, my friend will die". It can it convince the subject that he is capable to perform tasks which he usually is not capable to do (fly,seduce anyone, drive helicopters, shot lazers out of their eyes.) but the target is allowed a reflexive resolve roll when the subjects new belives puts them in a dangerouse situation (as trying to fly off a building) or when the subjects new belife is tested (he fails his attempt to start the helicopter or his friends tries to convince him otherwise). This is a contested roll and the number of successes most exceed the number of successes the character got when he activating this power. Unlike mesmerize it can not be activated at a later date, triggered by set condition.

Cost: 1 Vitea
Dice Pool: Presence or Manipulation + persuasion + Dementantion versus Resolve + Bloodpotency
Action: Contested, resistance is reflexive

Roll Result

Dramatic Failure: The subject dont belive it and is immune to the characters Domination and Dementation untill the next sunset.

Failure:The character looses or ties the contested roll and the subject dont belive it.

Success: The Character wins the cintested roll by getting the most successes, and the subject belives the characters statement.

Exceptional Success: The character wins the contested roll with five or more successes. Every time the subjects get to roll a resolve to resist his new belife, he does so with a -2 penalty.

The power last untill the subjects makes a reflexive resolve roll that exceeds the character initial contested roll or untill sunrise. Each time the subject rolls resolve to counter the powers grip on him add a cumulative +1 to the dicepool.

I am aware that this reminds of the fifth dot of dementation, but I belive that with this limitations and and adjustments, that this is functions quite different all together.
Back to top Go down
Boehlke
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Boehlke

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A challenger appears! (Spoilers)   A challenger appears! (Spoilers) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 16, 2009 1:05 am

I suggest you re-read all the Dominate levels. This could all be done wit Dominate and enough training.
Back to top Go down
Boehlke
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Boehlke

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A challenger appears! (Spoilers)   A challenger appears! (Spoilers) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 18, 2009 2:43 am

Ohy! I require my player characters to have some bonds with others that inhabit the World of Darkness. Be it contacts, allies or friends.

I think I have an opening that will later justify Nemo's entrance to my take on this 'World of Darkness'.

What I present to you here is a very short draft of the person Langreen:

Evan Langreen. A Older man, almost bald,with a very profesory look. He’s the one in charge of the coterie. He’s pretty old school. He demands respect both for his age as mortal, and his age as Kindred. And last but not least he demands respect for his endeavors within the Ordo Dracul. He can at times be too demanding, but that is his professional way of doing things, because he does indeed know how to get things done. Even though he doesn’t need to get his hands dirty, he doesn’t mind. This makes him much more likable than the usual elder sort. When he’s not working, he is a relaxed individual with a surprising humorous tone, and rather easy going.

What interaction do you think you would have had with this person, Under what circumstances did Nemo meet this man, and why did they keep in touch? Are they friends? Or mere allies with a common goal on a specific matter? If you come with some input on this, I'll bend it, with your consent of course to fit the story.

You are Invictus. He is Ordo Dracul. The overall stereotypical view of the Invitus on the Ordo Dracul is that they are Disciplined, which is a rare virtue in these modern days. Their ways of working and intra covenant ways of doing things is highly respected among the Invictus. Although what the covenant is about, the Invictus feels is not so respectable. The invictus think that the Ordo ways are somewhat deluded. The invictus feel that the Ordo are blocking themself from becoming what they could have.

If nemo shares that view or not will be up to you. But the two covenants have rarely been in direct conflict. Usually they tolerate eachother and stay out of eac others business unless there is something to be gained.

Last edited by Boehlke on Fri Sep 18, 2009 2:57 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Nemonomicon
Anchillae
Anchillae
Nemonomicon

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A challenger appears! (Spoilers)   A challenger appears! (Spoilers) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 18, 2009 2:54 am

Boehlke wrote:
Ohy! I require my player characters to have some bonds with others that inhabit the World of Darkness. Be it contacts, allies or friends.

I think I have an opening that will later justify Nemo's entrance to my take on this 'World of Darkness'.

What I present to you here is a very short draft of the person Langreen:

Evan Langreen. A Older man, almost bald,with a very profesory look. He’s the one in charge of the coterie. He’s pretty old school. He demands respect both for his age as mortal, and his age as Kindred. And last but not least he demands respect for his endeavors within the Ordo Dracul. He can at times be too demanding, but that is his professional way of doing things, because he does indeed know how to get things done. Even though he doesn’t need to get his hands dirty, he doesn’t mind. This makes him much more likable than the usual elder sort. When he’s not working, he is a relaxed individual with a surprising humorous tone, and rather easy going.

What interaction do you think you would have had with this person, Under what circumstances did Nemo meet this man, and why did they keep in touch? Are they friends? Or mere allies with a common goal on a specific matter? If you come with some input on this, I'll bend it, with your consent of course to fit the story.

I will give this some thought, must read up on the Ordo Dracul to get a better understanding of Nemo's relationship to such a character could be. What is mr. Langreen's profession? if not profession, what skill does he possess. And what kind of social circles does he belong to?
Back to top Go down
Boehlke
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Boehlke

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A challenger appears! (Spoilers)   A challenger appears! (Spoilers) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 18, 2009 3:01 am

I editted that post while you posted, re read it. I would like it if you did not read too much into Ordo Dracul. What you need to know about is in the Vampire requirem core book. two or three pages. Don't read the Covenant book. That will only be a spoiler to you Smile
Back to top Go down
Nemonomicon
Anchillae
Anchillae
Nemonomicon

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A challenger appears! (Spoilers)   A challenger appears! (Spoilers) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 18, 2009 3:03 am

Boehlke wrote:
I editted that post while you posted, re read it. I would like it if you did not read too much into Ordo Dracul. What you need to know about is in the Vampire requirem core book. two or three pages. Don't read the Covenant book. That will only be a spoiler to you Smile

I will refrain from using other covenant books then the one of the invicticus. Wink
Back to top Go down
Boehlke
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Boehlke

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A challenger appears! (Spoilers)   A challenger appears! (Spoilers) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 18, 2009 3:04 am

Good Smile
Back to top Go down
Nemonomicon
Anchillae
Anchillae
Nemonomicon

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A challenger appears! (Spoilers)   A challenger appears! (Spoilers) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 18, 2009 3:14 am

What I have come up with so far is maybe this. Once, or many times they have traided services, I might have done some interigations or maybe smooth talked some of my friends in high places to help Langreen with his tasks. in trade for something he could provide me. What is Langreen aable to provide such a character as Nemo?
Back to top Go down
Boehlke
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Boehlke

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A challenger appears! (Spoilers)   A challenger appears! (Spoilers) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 18, 2009 3:17 am

Well, Langreen is proficient at arranging travels, for one. He's pretty intellectual, so if you ever needed anyone to research any occult material that'd be the guy to ask. Also, he got contact high up in both the morgue and the Fresno hostpital.
Back to top Go down
Nemonomicon
Anchillae
Anchillae
Nemonomicon

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A challenger appears! (Spoilers)   A challenger appears! (Spoilers) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 18, 2009 3:18 am

Boehlke wrote:
Well, Langreen is proficient at arranging travels, for one. He's pretty intellectual, so if you ever needed anyone to research any occult material that'd be the guy to ask. Also, he got contact high up in both the morgue and the Fresno hostpital.

What about historic records regarding vampire history?
Back to top Go down
Boehlke
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Boehlke

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A challenger appears! (Spoilers)   A challenger appears! (Spoilers) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 18, 2009 3:19 am

That he would also know something about. However such knowledge is scarce, and highly valuable.
Back to top Go down
Nemonomicon
Anchillae
Anchillae
Nemonomicon

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A challenger appears! (Spoilers)   A challenger appears! (Spoilers) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 18, 2009 3:20 am

Boehlke wrote:
That he would also know something about. However such knowledge is scarce, and highly valuable.

And just what Nemo desires. Do you think we have a possible match?
Back to top Go down
Boehlke
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Boehlke

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A challenger appears! (Spoilers)   A challenger appears! (Spoilers) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 18, 2009 3:25 am

What circumstance do you think the two of you met? In a Elysium meeting, where you started talking, and things evolved into some kind of business alliance agreement?
Back to top Go down
Nemonomicon
Anchillae
Anchillae
Nemonomicon

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A challenger appears! (Spoilers)   A challenger appears! (Spoilers) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 18, 2009 3:33 am

Boehlke wrote:
What circumstance do you think the two of you met? In a Elysium meeting, where you started talking, and things evolved into some kind of business alliance agreement?

Let me see..what if, Nemo, just one day showed up, asking for some assistance locating some documents, and as "payment" I gave him a map which Langreen found quite fascinating? this happen maybe 5-10 years ago, and after that they have kept in touch as a profesional relationship?
Back to top Go down
Boehlke
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Boehlke

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A challenger appears! (Spoilers)   A challenger appears! (Spoilers) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 18, 2009 3:35 am

Bwah!? A... map?
Back to top Go down
Nemonomicon
Anchillae
Anchillae
Nemonomicon

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A challenger appears! (Spoilers)   A challenger appears! (Spoilers) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 18, 2009 3:36 am

Boehlke wrote:
Bwah!? A... map?

or similar object, whatever Mr. Langreen would find interesting. Up to you to decide what this is Razz
Back to top Go down
Boehlke
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Boehlke

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A challenger appears! (Spoilers)   A challenger appears! (Spoilers) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 18, 2009 3:47 am

What if... hmmm. Is there some chance you saw something, maybe an object, placed in the outskirts of Fresno, or something that you just knew where something special, perhaps it don't need to be a object per see, perhaps a clearing in the woods with some sort of stone structure which you somehow felt had to be a ancient altar. The weird thing is there was growing big "rognebær" trees around the stone structure. The structure bear witness of old native American "writings". And the place had an unexplainable feel about it.

Something like that? You got one dot in Occult, so that could justify why you did not just pass it as something normal.
Back to top Go down
Nemonomicon
Anchillae
Anchillae
Nemonomicon

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A challenger appears! (Spoilers)   A challenger appears! (Spoilers) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 18, 2009 3:52 am

Boehlke wrote:
What if... hmmm. Is there some chance you saw something, maybe an object, placed in the outskirts of Fresno, or something that you just knew where something special, perhaps it don't need to be a object per see, perhaps a clearing in the woods with some sort of stone structure which you somehow felt had to be a ancient altar. The weird thing is there was growing big "rognebær" trees around the stone structure. The structure bear witness of old native American "writings". And the place had an unexplainable feel about it.

Something like that? You got one dot in Occult, so that could justify why you did not just pass it as something normal.

Sounds interesting. I think that would be a cool hook. So that settles more or less my connection with Langreen.

My only question is, what did Nemo gain out of the trade?
Back to top Go down
Boehlke
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Boehlke

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A challenger appears! (Spoilers)   A challenger appears! (Spoilers) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 18, 2009 3:54 am

That depends on what Nemo was looking to accomplish. If he asked around to know who might be interested in something like that, he'd probably be pointed in Lnagreens way. Or perhaps, by causal talk at Elysium meeting, the topic came up while you and Langreen was intoduced to each other.
Back to top Go down
Nemonomicon
Anchillae
Anchillae
Nemonomicon

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A challenger appears! (Spoilers)   A challenger appears! (Spoilers) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 18, 2009 4:00 am

Boehlke wrote:
That depends on what Nemo was looking to accomplish. If he asked around to know who might be interested in something like that, he'd probably be pointed in Lnagreens way. Or perhaps, by causal talk at Elysium meeting, the topic came up while you and Langreen was intoduced to each other.

What Nemo are looking for is two things, one is the orgin and history of malkovians, the second thing is a way to locate them all. I guess the first would be what Langreen would be able to help me with. I think Nemo tracked down Langreen, if he found something out of the ordinary, like the alter thingy, it wouldnt take long before Nemo would use it to his own advantaged.
Back to top Go down
Boehlke
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Boehlke

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A challenger appears! (Spoilers)   A challenger appears! (Spoilers) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 18, 2009 4:06 am

OK. I doubdt Langreen would be able to give you one good explanation. Rather he'd jump of several origin theories, some you've heard, and some you have not heard. He'd explain that keeping records is against the Tradition of the Masquerade, hence there is little written history on Kindred. Most history is passed down orally from Sire to childe. And things told by mouth has a tendency to change and distort rapidly. Plus, with the inevitable torpor to hinder memory the result is no one knows for sure. It all boils down to objectivity.
Back to top Go down
Nemonomicon
Anchillae
Anchillae
Nemonomicon

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A challenger appears! (Spoilers)   A challenger appears! (Spoilers) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 18, 2009 4:13 am

Boehlke wrote:
OK. I doubdt Langreen would be able to give you one good explanation. Rather he'd jump of several origin theories, some you've heard, and some you have not heard. He'd explain that keeping records is against the Tradition of the Masquerade, hence there is little written history on Kindred. Most history is passed down orally from Sire to childe. And things told by mouth has a tendency to change and distort rapidly. Plus, with the inevitable torpor to hinder memory the result is no one knows for sure. It all boils down to objectivity.

Any new info, Nemo would greet with open arms. since like in madness as in myth, even though there is a web of wrongs and blind passages, there is a small core of truth. Atleast, this is Nemo's view on the matter. i will think this further tommorrow. I need to get some sleep to think clearly. I will see if I could create some more contacs,allies or enemies. Maybe you have some ideas as well? Wink
Back to top Go down
Boehlke
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Boehlke

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A challenger appears! (Spoilers)   A challenger appears! (Spoilers) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 18, 2009 4:18 am

Sure. I'll try to look into it when I have some time to spare.
Back to top Go down
Nemonomicon
Anchillae
Anchillae
Nemonomicon

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A challenger appears! (Spoilers)   A challenger appears! (Spoilers) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 18, 2009 1:54 pm

SPOILER ALERT!

Besides Mr. Langreen, I doubt that Nemo has any significant friends or allies, since his narcississtic tendencies makes it harder to develope a emotional bond to someone which more or less dont worship him. But his opinion is taken seriously within his order, and is an important person within the higher society of California, so he most likely know alot of people, even though there are no bond other the one etiquette demands. So even if Nemo has no immediate contacts within different areas of expertise at the moment, he could, if he felt necessary, gain some influence. Oh, there are actually two people which, may seen as contacs. one is the medical chief of an local asylum, which he helped cover up a personal scandal in trade to access the patients files and the asylums medical history. The other is a malkovian girl, formerly mekhet, which he freed from the asylum, while she is both young in mortal age(19) and as a kindred(3) she has proven to be quite the computer wiz and is willingly to give the information Nemo asks for. And of enemies he have none, atleast, none he havent taken care of. But he might have some rivals, within the social society. Power and glory never comes without some competition.

I think this all the contacts he has for now.

Last edited by Nemonomicon on Fri Oct 02, 2009 4:08 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Boehlke
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Boehlke

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A challenger appears! (Spoilers)   A challenger appears! (Spoilers) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 18, 2009 2:47 pm

Alright. Just a little correction. Then she'd be a Malkavian, not Malkovian.

Also, that he is a prominent figure within the higher society of California is at odds with him not having more allies or contacts.

I'd say he might have been in his earlier days, perhaps he was a promising ventrue fledgling/neonate but due to his rapid development of derangements and the malkovian curse he has distanced himself more from the politics, which makes quite sense. However, if there is a matter at covenant meetings, his view would be in most cases taken into account. Perhaps many intra covenant members respects him for past endeavors.

What do you think?

I'd also think that with his torturous nature he would have earned a great deal of enemies. All actions has consequences after all. If he has not earned enemies, I'd say that the relationships with certain individuals would be very tense at best.
Back to top Go down
Boehlke
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Boehlke

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A challenger appears! (Spoilers)   A challenger appears! (Spoilers) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 18, 2009 2:53 pm

Also, Nemo has one dot in Status is the overall status of the city. This translates to: Some know him by name only, whilst a few know him personally either in a positive way or a negative way.

Since Nemo has no Status within the covenant he is beyond the radar of the important people in the covenant. He has never done anything for the covenant yet. It would tranced to that he claim to be a member, but the covenant holds no true bond with him. Perhaps you would want to re-evaluate this.
Back to top Go down
Nemonomicon
Anchillae
Anchillae
Nemonomicon

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A challenger appears! (Spoilers)   A challenger appears! (Spoilers) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 30, 2009 1:44 pm

I got a idea for my backup character, lancea sanctum nosferatu. with a holier than thou attitude and a high string religious agenda. In his human life he were a chatolic priest.I think im gonna make him big, big as in giant merit. XD

btw. The malkavian girl is french. Her name is Serena Blanc, and her derangment is claustrophobia.

She looks a slighty older version of this girl (Serena is a brunette)
http://matteomazzali.files.wordpress.com/2008/03/sc4-pub-ss-amy-002-psd-jpgcopy.jpg
Back to top Go down
Boehlke
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Boehlke

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A challenger appears! (Spoilers)   A challenger appears! (Spoilers) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 30, 2009 2:45 pm

Quote :

I got a idea for my backup character, lancea sanctum nosferatu. with a holier than thou attitude and a high string religious agenda. In his human life he were a chatolic priest.I think im gonna make him big, big as in giant merit. XD

Uhm.. Whatever makes you sleep at night... Whatever floats your boat. WHY is he in league with the god damn SPEAR?! Why was he sired? Who was that crazy sire of his? Embracing a priest? What is his agendas?

Quote :

btw. The malkavian girl is french. Her name is Serena Blanc, and her derangment is claustrophobia.

She looks a slighty older version of this girl (Serena is a brunette)
http://matteomazzali.files.wordpress.com/2008/03/sc4-pub-ss-amy-002-psd-jpgcopy.jpg

Because I have problems imagine her as an actual character rather than a piece of some degenerate Asian jizzhead's imagination... Sure. Knock yourself out. *handing over a bat*

Quote :

I like the fact that she's originally French. What's her story? How did she come to america, and why? Also, I have to insist that she had to be embraced in the Americas, simply due to the travesty of travels... Especially inter continental traveling, If you catch my drift.

Brunette sounds nice too. A tipsy happy-goth French brunette... With claustrophobia. I'm starting to like where this character concept is going. Apart from the picture concept (Obviously) Wink
Back to top Go down
Nemonomicon
Anchillae
Anchillae
Nemonomicon

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A challenger appears! (Spoilers)   A challenger appears! (Spoilers) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 30, 2009 5:30 pm

Quote :
Because I have problems imagine her as an actual character rather than a piece of some degenerate Asian jizzhead's imagination... Sure. Knock yourself out. *handing over a bat*

You sir are deluded and needs to be shot for insulting this fine example of a european character that actually looks like a bloody european! *hands over the gun*

Quote :
Uhm.. Whatever makes you sleep at night... Whatever floats your boat. WHY is he in league with the god damn SPEAR?! Why was he sired? Who was that crazy sire of his? Embracing a priest? What is his agendas?

never heard the expression Spear, do please explain. he was sired out of guilt of a nosferatu which feed a little more then he should(hunger frenzy) his sire shortly after killed himself for doing such a blasphemous thing, the guilt of doing this to one of the lords men become to much.(himself was a firm christian before the embrace)

This is the main idea so far, but open to modifications if you feel thats necesary.

Quote :
I like the fact that she's originally French. What's her story? How did she come to america, and why? Also, I have to insist that she had to be embraced in the Americas, simply due to the travesty of travels... Especially inter continental traveling, If you catch my drift.

In devolpment, and yes, embraced in america..or maybe not(I might have an idea, but have to think about it, if I can justify it enough for myself Razz.)

Quote :
Brunette sounds nice too. A tipsy happy-goth French brunette... With claustrophobia. I'm starting to like where this character concept is going. Apart from the picture concept (Obviously)

Any straight man with a dick would Razz pretty pleased myself.
Back to top Go down
Boehlke
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Boehlke

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A challenger appears! (Spoilers)   A challenger appears! (Spoilers) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 30, 2009 9:42 pm

Nemonomicon wrote:
Quote :

You sir are deluded and needs to be shot for insulting this fine example of a european character that actually looks like a bloody european! *hands over the gun*

Bigger eyes does not make it european, that's jsut bad artwork. Hell, the picture screams manga style, and in mangas, people from all over the world look the same. Besides, most anime kind of girls share her similarities. Hence my statement.
This is not the place nor the time to discuss this however. So... I'll leave it be, and if I'm lucky perhaps I'll be spared the wrath of the gun Wink

Quote :

never heard the expression Spear, do please explain. he was sired out of guilt of a nosferatu which feed a little more then he should(hunger frenzy) his sire shortly after killed himself for doing such a blasphemous thing, the guilt of doing this to one of the lords men become to much.(himself was a firm christian before the embrace)

This is the main idea so far, but open to modifications if you feel thats necesary.

The Spear is what many call the Lancea Sanctum, many of the members even. The lancea in Lancea Sanctum, can be divided into Lance - a - spear. I strongely advice that you read a little further into he covenant before making anything solid. I understand that the man was a priest, however, now he also harbor the beast. On top of this, he's a Nosferatu... Which would put any holy man on a serious soul search when it comes to belief. And if this all happened because he was simply at the wrong place at the wrong time. Well, let's jsut say many holy men has lost faith over something much less trival as this.

I'm just debating to sort him out Smile

Quote :
Quote :

In devolpment, and yes, embraced in america..or maybe not(I might have an idea, but have to think about it, if I can justify it enough for myself Razz.)

I strongly doubdt you'd be able to justify it. I don't see why you'd need to either. But if you feel like it, you'd be more than welcome to try to correct me.

Quote :
Quote :
Brunette sounds nice too. A tipsy happy-goth French brunette... With claustrophobia. I'm starting to like where this character concept is going. Apart from the picture concept (Obviously)

Any straight man with a dick would Razz pretty pleased myself.

Damn right! You should be pleased.
Back to top Go down
Nemonomicon
Anchillae
Anchillae
Nemonomicon

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A challenger appears! (Spoilers)   A challenger appears! (Spoilers) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 01, 2009 1:55 am

SPOILER ALERT!

my idea, just the a one which just popped into my head, where that sortly after her embrace, she was shipped over the antlantern, hidden in a box In the luggage(storage part of the ship). her sire, which was supposed to open the box for during the journey to america by a mistake never came on the ship(a mistake done by the crew of the ship. her sire where trying to escape a bloodhunt on his head, and tried to migrate to America. being trapped over a long period of time, sort of give her claustrophobia more dept. her sire did not escape the bloodhunt and is presumably dead or in torpor.since you want to make malkavia a unknown affliction, it is up to you to deide if her sire were a Malkavian or if she got it another way. when she reached america, she managed to escape from the box, which eventually gave after a lot of damage created by here during the journey. realised that she was in LA and that the package not only crossed the sea, but even the united states. Feeling deserted by her sire, she cursed his name and started wandering the streets. she eventually became arrested and put in an asylum. (how this happened reminds a blur in her memory)

So yeah, thats my idea.

I will read up on Lancea Sanctum. But I still think a nosferatu priest could still keep his faith, maybe he see this a punishment from god for something he did in his mortal life. maybe even given him a meaning to his existence, which his mortal life not quite gave him.. What this mission is I can not quite decide before reading ip on the covenant, but i feel this character has potential.

What do you think?

Last edited by Nemonomicon on Fri Oct 02, 2009 4:10 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A challenger appears! (Spoilers)   A challenger appears! (Spoilers) - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A challenger appears! (Spoilers)
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next