Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

To those i knew, lived, died, fought and killed alongside! This is for you!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterGalleryLog in

A challenger appears! (Spoilers)

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Nemonomicon
Anchillae
Anchillae
Nemonomicon

Awesomeness : 9

Character sheet
Name: Nemo
Clan: Ventrue/Malkavian
Covenant: The Invictus

A challenger appears! (Spoilers) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: A challenger appears! (Spoilers)   A challenger appears! (Spoilers) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 03, 2009 8:36 pm

First topic message reminder :

So, how is your world of Darkness? (please say that it is violent) Razz
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
Boehlke
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Boehlke

Awesomeness : 43

Character sheet
Name: Nickolas
Clan: Gangrel
Covenant: Unbound

PostSubject: Re: A challenger appears! (Spoilers)   A challenger appears! (Spoilers) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 06, 2009 12:44 am

Sounds nice Smile
Back to top Go down
https://radioactive.forumotion.com
Boehlke
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Boehlke

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A challenger appears! (Spoilers)   A challenger appears! (Spoilers) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 06, 2009 11:53 am

Alright, hehe, I had a dream last night. I guess I was trying to evaluate and process your character. And well, what I came to realize is that if you want to play in a Chronicle with Charles, I think you have to tone the nut job down three notches. This... world we are currently playing in is quite so real some times (as you perhaps noticed while reading our play) and I see your character very much at odds with Charles the way you put him forth, hell, he seems very in odds with much of the world it slef, which might just be his madness... But I think there is more to this feeling I am having. As I see your character, many would not hesitate to rid the world of him, with only minor moral complications.

What do you think?
Back to top Go down
Nemonomicon
Anchillae
Anchillae
Nemonomicon

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A challenger appears! (Spoilers)   A challenger appears! (Spoilers) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 06, 2009 12:28 pm

Could you rephrase that? I didnt quite catch what your where aiming for.
Back to top Go down
Boehlke
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Boehlke

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A challenger appears! (Spoilers)   A challenger appears! (Spoilers) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 06, 2009 12:33 pm

Hmmm. How to put that another way, without loosing the point...

Right, what I fear with your character is that he might be so opposite, both to the world itself, and to Charles, which will be your major interaction partner (lol @ that). That it might create some severe problems for you Smile

I have no Idea how you plan to play him, but by what I've read, and heard so far, you sound like a capable RP'er, I'm just venting my concerns. If you feel it will be alright, then I trust you on that.
Back to top Go down
Nemonomicon
Anchillae
Anchillae
Nemonomicon

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A challenger appears! (Spoilers)   A challenger appears! (Spoilers) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 06, 2009 12:42 pm

My character aint dumb. He know that world around him work on something called morals, and his sosial skills are good enough to fake his way into their world. Nemo uses the systems, and fucks it only when he knows he could get away with it. he would not endanger himself socially or physically unless provoked, or if it was last resort.

Concerning the Gangrel. Nemo and Charles would never be best buds or equalls in any other way then purly circumstantional. But, I guess both is smart enough to use each other, then against each other. A sort of mutual agreement. Of not intentional working against each other.
Back to top Go down
Boehlke
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Boehlke

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A challenger appears! (Spoilers)   A challenger appears! (Spoilers) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 06, 2009 12:44 pm

Nice, just the reply I wished for!

I'm looking forward to this. A little tension within the coterie is a fine touch to the whole experience Smile
Back to top Go down
Nemonomicon
Anchillae
Anchillae
Nemonomicon

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A challenger appears! (Spoilers)   A challenger appears! (Spoilers) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 06, 2009 12:48 pm

Good that my answer pleased you. I can see it clearly. A powerfull gangrel assassin and a sadistic malkovian mindwrecker. What an disturbing scenario..for others Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Boehlke
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Boehlke

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A challenger appears! (Spoilers)   A challenger appears! (Spoilers) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 06, 2009 12:49 pm

Hahahha! My god! That actually sounded very entertaining Smile
Back to top Go down
Nemonomicon
Anchillae
Anchillae
Nemonomicon

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A challenger appears! (Spoilers)   A challenger appears! (Spoilers) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 06, 2009 12:51 pm

Charles catches the opponent without even breaking a sweat. Nemo interterigats him in a brutal way for an hour.. even though he got the answer 45 minutes ago.
Back to top Go down
Boehlke
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Boehlke

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A challenger appears! (Spoilers)   A challenger appears! (Spoilers) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 06, 2009 12:53 pm

Hahaha! Upon letting him go ( ! ) Dominate him to tell all his allies how tiny, insignificant and inferior they all are compared to you.
Back to top Go down
Nemonomicon
Anchillae
Anchillae
Nemonomicon

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A challenger appears! (Spoilers)   A challenger appears! (Spoilers) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 06, 2009 12:54 pm

I thought that went without saying :p
Back to top Go down
Boehlke
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Boehlke

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A challenger appears! (Spoilers)   A challenger appears! (Spoilers) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 06, 2009 12:54 pm

Haha, yeah, I guess it did pirat
Back to top Go down
Nemonomicon
Anchillae
Anchillae
Nemonomicon

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A challenger appears! (Spoilers)   A challenger appears! (Spoilers) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 06, 2009 12:58 pm

Oh shit, buss leaves in 20 minutes. Gotta go and play some WoD. See ya later dude.
Back to top Go down
Boehlke
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Boehlke

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A challenger appears! (Spoilers)   A challenger appears! (Spoilers) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 06, 2009 12:58 pm

Aye, have a good one cheers
Back to top Go down
Nemonomicon
Anchillae
Anchillae
Nemonomicon

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A challenger appears! (Spoilers)   A challenger appears! (Spoilers) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 07, 2009 4:32 pm

Nemo got Status 1. any idea how that works in your world?
Back to top Go down
Boehlke
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Boehlke

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A challenger appears! (Spoilers)   A challenger appears! (Spoilers) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 07, 2009 5:02 pm

There is a lot of different stauses, that has to be bough again and again. But the general idea of "status" is that you are somewhat known in the area. Some, but not all, know who you are. You got Clan status, covenant status and what not. But the "status" Is more like people know who you are, it works different than fame though. I don't exactly remember what it says word by word but it's something along those lines.
Back to top Go down
Nemonomicon
Anchillae
Anchillae
Nemonomicon

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A challenger appears! (Spoilers)   A challenger appears! (Spoilers) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 07, 2009 5:04 pm

Cuz my idea where that he was a known or at least semi-know personality within the vampire society. Not only in his order but the society at large.
Back to top Go down
Nemonomicon
Anchillae
Anchillae
Nemonomicon

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A challenger appears! (Spoilers)   A challenger appears! (Spoilers) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 07, 2009 5:21 pm

Btw, when will my session be?
Back to top Go down
Boehlke
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Boehlke

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A challenger appears! (Spoilers)   A challenger appears! (Spoilers) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 07, 2009 5:50 pm

I have no idea! Probably not anytime soon. Got some MAJOR issues IRL at the moment, so that has to be sorted out before I put my mind at something like this.
Back to top Go down
Nemonomicon
Anchillae
Anchillae
Nemonomicon

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A challenger appears! (Spoilers)   A challenger appears! (Spoilers) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 07, 2009 5:52 pm

I see, good luck with that. hope it you sort it out.

Send me a message when the time approches Wink
Back to top Go down
Boehlke
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Boehlke

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A challenger appears! (Spoilers)   A challenger appears! (Spoilers) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 07, 2009 6:21 pm

Yeah. I will. Things are sorted out, it's just hard to grasp, and difficult to live with Smile
Back to top Go down
Nemonomicon
Anchillae
Anchillae
Nemonomicon

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A challenger appears! (Spoilers)   A challenger appears! (Spoilers) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 07, 2009 6:32 pm

Boehlke wrote:
Yeah. I will. Things are sorted out, it's just hard to grasp, and difficult to live with Smile

As a philosophy student, I understand your lament. Existence, on any plane within the mortal psyche is crude, bitter, absurd and essentially meaningless. But, not impossible to live with.
Back to top Go down
Boehlke
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Boehlke

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A challenger appears! (Spoilers)   A challenger appears! (Spoilers) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 07, 2009 6:41 pm

Nope, not impossible, and thank whatnot for that Smile
Back to top Go down
Nemonomicon
Anchillae
Anchillae
Nemonomicon

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A challenger appears! (Spoilers)   A challenger appears! (Spoilers) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 07, 2009 6:45 pm

Boehlke wrote:
Nope, not impossible, and thank whatnot for that Smile

All hail Whatnot, your creator and Lord!
Back to top Go down
Nemonomicon
Anchillae
Anchillae
Nemonomicon

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A challenger appears! (Spoilers)   A challenger appears! (Spoilers) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 08, 2009 1:45 am

Can you explain the Haven Merit to me? The book where a bit unclear how it functions..
Back to top Go down
Boehlke
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Boehlke

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A challenger appears! (Spoilers)   A challenger appears! (Spoilers) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 08, 2009 2:33 am

Right, Haven.

Haven is divided into three categories. Haven Size, Location, and security. Each category has the dot limit of five dots per category. You have to spend xp, or merit points to buy up dots in one of the categories.

Haven size has to do with how big the place is obviously, so I won't delve any further into that.

Location, you could say is a tool for feeding. The Rack is a word uses to describe the strip, or a place or a street that is very populated. If your haven has size 5, you are located on the Rack, giving you + 5 die bonus for hunting rolls. Each dot in Location gives a die bonus for hunting. Haven with one dot in location, or even 0 dots, is located in the Barrens. The Barrens are the least populated areas of the city, such as in the middle of industrial factories, or a long way down in the sewers.

Security, well, that's self explanatory. It has to do with the security of the haven. Video surveillance, motion detectors, vault doors, reinforced bomb shelter doors, hidden rooms and what not, all of that would be a haven with 5 dots in Security.

Makes sense? Or was there something different or specific you wondered about?
Back to top Go down
Nemonomicon
Anchillae
Anchillae
Nemonomicon

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A challenger appears! (Spoilers)   A challenger appears! (Spoilers) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 08, 2009 2:39 am

No that made sense, in that case, my 3 dots are all in size. Got a dot in herd, so hunting is not that essential. and security..well, he have had no need to defend himself from other then ordinary threats. So i guess he havent done anything to increase security.

even though he has no dots in location, can his penthouse be in a nice part of the town? not good for hunting, but has an certain standard socially.
Back to top Go down
Boehlke
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Boehlke

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A challenger appears! (Spoilers)   A challenger appears! (Spoilers) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 08, 2009 2:50 am

sure, that will work.
Back to top Go down
Nemonomicon
Anchillae
Anchillae
Nemonomicon

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A challenger appears! (Spoilers)   A challenger appears! (Spoilers) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 08, 2009 3:35 am

SPOILER ALERT!

I forgot to mention some things in the biography, just putting them here for the moment. His hair turned white as a result of the embrace. He fancy the blood of either deranged or beautiful people, preferably both if he has the chance. He might fix other peoples clothing if it just a minor detail(a loose hair, unbuttoned shirt button, badly tied tie and etc) but major details as unzipped pants, untucked shirt, or stains he just makes a irritated look at. He like to quote things, but often obscure or little known phrases, he detest Shakespeare an Oscar Wilds overquoted svada. the only group he treats with respect almost unconditionally is other Malkovians. Which he usually calls spiders. He always walks with his black cane(which is actually a sword cane), even though he dont need it, since he walks perfectly fine without it. The fencing is self thought, after an incident with a Bruja 8 years ago. (hard to dominate someone who moves so fast that eyecontact is almost impossible, he managed it at the last second)

This all I got so far, more might come laters

Last edited by Nemonomicon on Fri Oct 02, 2009 4:04 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Nemonomicon
Anchillae
Anchillae
Nemonomicon

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A challenger appears! (Spoilers)   A challenger appears! (Spoilers) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 09, 2009 8:04 am

SPOILER ALERT!

His birthname is not Nemo, its just one he choosed some time after the embrace. He finds his new name ironic. His parents died a few years before his embrace, they died in a earthquake that crushed the bridge they where on. he owns a penthouse in the finer districts of Los Angeles. its on the higest floor in 20 floor skyscraper, and its one of the 5 floors that have an balcony. The rooms are decorated in a victorian style with the exception of the bedroom which is a windowless square room, with a blood red satin bed, shaped as a framless coffin, and the walls are mirrors, each of them shattered on the middle, leaving a web of cracks in the glass. the only things thats in the room besides whats already mentioned are two big candlestands in silver, both with a big candle in it, which thanks to the mirrors creates enough light, to light up the room.

What do you guys think about the minor details so far?

Last edited by Nemonomicon on Fri Oct 02, 2009 4:05 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Boehlke
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Boehlke

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A challenger appears! (Spoilers)   A challenger appears! (Spoilers) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 09, 2009 1:43 pm

What is your view on resources vs haven?
Back to top Go down
Nemonomicon
Anchillae
Anchillae
Nemonomicon

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A challenger appears! (Spoilers)   A challenger appears! (Spoilers) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 09, 2009 1:50 pm

Boehlke wrote:
What is your view on resources vs haven?

Resources is what extra you have left after paying for your house, food and other vital day to day bases.

So my view on it is that one dont have dots in resources to have a nice place to live.. if not, buying dots in resorces just to have more then 2 dots in Haven is way to expensive game mechanic wise
Back to top Go down
Boehlke
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Boehlke

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A challenger appears! (Spoilers)   A challenger appears! (Spoilers) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 09, 2009 2:01 pm

I have to agree. Some things better be a tad easy also Smile
Back to top Go down
Nemonomicon
Anchillae
Anchillae
Nemonomicon

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A challenger appears! (Spoilers)   A challenger appears! (Spoilers) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 09, 2009 2:05 pm

Boehlke wrote:
I have to agree. Some things better be a tad easy also Smile

If not, I would have a couple of rp reasons why he should be allowed this;)

But what to you think of these details so far?
Back to top Go down
Boehlke
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Boehlke

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A challenger appears! (Spoilers)   A challenger appears! (Spoilers) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 09, 2009 2:17 pm

All good, all good Smile
Back to top Go down
Nemonomicon
Anchillae
Anchillae
Nemonomicon

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A challenger appears! (Spoilers)   A challenger appears! (Spoilers) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2009 12:23 am

Do you have anything major houserules I should know about? something which is quite the opposite to what the normal ruling/lore says?
Back to top Go down
Boehlke
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Boehlke

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A challenger appears! (Spoilers)   A challenger appears! (Spoilers) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2009 2:24 am

ctually I stick strictly by the rules given, however, I do slack off if it is appropriate to the current situation... If you get what I mean. I see the rules as means to create story, not to hinder players, and well some rules aren't exactly logical. So some minor things rule vise might be changes, but it is so small adjustments, and well, trust me on this, you won't even notice them.

The only thing I differ from the "RAW" is that... Well, the books explains that a vampire cannot feel, what they feel is only an echo of what they would have felt. Thereby if the vampire in question face a situation where a feeling would be provoked, that is essentially a new feeling if she was alive... The vampire would not feel much, she would then only be confused, as she does not know what she feels. And well, to me that sounds like a pile of shit.

So I say Vamps still feel, but things can, and probably will be interesting when you have to account for the Beast.

Also, the books are a toolbox kit, so nothing is actually lore vise, THE truth. Hence, all lores could be THE truth, or maybe there are many truths. Like, some people believe God created us, and the Earth. While some believe in a totally different set of God(s). Then again you got those who reject it all. Hence, many believe kindred to inhabit no sould, but that is only belief, not necessarily the truth. In my games, you'll encounter many different beliefs, and truths. And only you can decide what will be your ultimate truth.

When it comes to the Predator's taint. I will not allow first encounter fights to death. What the Predator's taint is about is settling dominance. The beast may be primal, but few primal and animalistic beings are outright suicidal. The Predator's taint might result in a brawl, but not the point of death. The loosing beast will back off to see another night. One of the essential parts of the beasts life is Survival, and suicide contradicts survival to the very core.
Back to top Go down
Nemonomicon
Anchillae
Anchillae
Nemonomicon

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A challenger appears! (Spoilers)   A challenger appears! (Spoilers) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2009 2:32 am

I agree on that, even raging beasts have to some extent survival instinct.

Im really looking forward to play Nemo^^ I feel that he would be fun to roleplay. Especially, when he is given freedom to act to his own likings Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Boehlke
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Boehlke

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A challenger appears! (Spoilers)   A challenger appears! (Spoilers) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2009 2:36 am

Yeah, I like freedom. It is one of the reasons I role play.

One thing is that Nemo gets to act out of his own liking. Another thing is how the others, around him react to him tough Wink
Back to top Go down
Nemonomicon
Anchillae
Anchillae
Nemonomicon

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A challenger appears! (Spoilers)   A challenger appears! (Spoilers) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2009 2:41 am

Boehlke wrote:
Yeah, I like freedom. It is one of the reasons I role play.

One thing is that Nemo gets to act out of his own liking. Another thing is how the others, around him react to him tough Wink

hehe. I bet Nemo could sway their thoughts. One way or the another Wink
Back to top Go down
Boehlke
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Boehlke

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A challenger appears! (Spoilers)   A challenger appears! (Spoilers) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2009 2:44 am

Indeed he could. I'm really looking forward to see him in play. I've read countless stories about Malks in P&P sessions, and many of them was put down by "the ruling authority" Because the players played them in a mad fashion, that made it difficult not to see them as a masquerade breach waiting to happen Smile
Back to top Go down
Nemonomicon
Anchillae
Anchillae
Nemonomicon

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A challenger appears! (Spoilers)   A challenger appears! (Spoilers) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2009 2:59 am

Boehlke wrote:
Indeed he could. I'm really looking forward to see him in play. I've read countless stories about Malks in P&P sessions, and many of them was put down by "the ruling authority" Because the players played them in a mad fashion, that made it difficult not to see them as a masquerade breach waiting to happen Smile

“Only the insane have strength enough to survive. Only the survivors determine what is sane.”
Back to top Go down
Boehlke
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Boehlke

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A challenger appears! (Spoilers)   A challenger appears! (Spoilers) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2009 3:02 am

There's both logic and illogic in that.

It could be dissected in many ways and discussed forth and back. The superficial meaning might be more correct, or the immediate truth of it might be... Or not... Only the insane know.
Back to top Go down
Boehlke
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Boehlke

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A challenger appears! (Spoilers)   A challenger appears! (Spoilers) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2009 3:05 am

Which actually has been the major issue, in most cases.
Back to top Go down
Nemonomicon
Anchillae
Anchillae
Nemonomicon

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A challenger appears! (Spoilers)   A challenger appears! (Spoilers) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2009 3:12 am

as many malkavians have said before; When you find yourself sinking into madness, dive!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A challenger appears! (Spoilers)   A challenger appears! (Spoilers) - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A challenger appears! (Spoilers)
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next