Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

To those i knew, lived, died, fought and killed alongside! This is for you!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterGalleryLog in

Prototype da Game

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Boehlke
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Boehlke

Awesomeness : 43

Character sheet
Name: Nickolas
Clan: Gangrel
Covenant: Unbound

Prototype da Game Empty
PostSubject: Prototype da Game   Prototype da Game I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 15, 2009 8:33 pm

I've just bought myself Prototype. Jippi! Gonna try it out and comment further. You tested it yet Charles?
Back to top Go down
https://radioactive.forumotion.com
Beast King
Elder
Elder
Beast King

Awesomeness : 9

Character sheet
Name: Charles the Ripper
Covenant: Ordo Dracul

Prototype da Game Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prototype da Game   Prototype da Game I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 15, 2009 10:24 pm

No, I don't have a ps3 yet.
Tell me how it is. Me wants details dude.
Back to top Go down
Boehlke
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Boehlke

Character sheet

Prototype da Game Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prototype da Game   Prototype da Game I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 16, 2009 12:13 am

Allright, I've only gotten to play it for about 10 min. But what I can say about the first imression was WoW! Really reallt cool concept although it reminds me alot of Infamous. The powers you get seems pretty cool. Hit a tanks two-three times and it's toast, if that is not bad ass... Then I don't know what is.

You play as a dude who wakes up at the morgue... And when he wakes up, he's not alive, yet not dead... He is something else. Not vamp, not anything else although you can consume your victims. When you consume anyone, you can wear their appearance. A nice way to get around unnoticed. The storry so far seems to buil up pretty good, although you are kind of plopped into the whole setting like a naked baby in the woods. And that part I think they could have made better. Still your character lost all his memories when he died.. So, I guess they wanted to make the player feel as lost as the character, and that they accomplished.

I drove some parralells to infamous above.. In Infamous you had a lot of flashy really really area wrecking powers. I'm talkin jump of a sky scraper, charge your body with electricity on the way down, and smash down into the asphalt like a lightning meteor destroying everything within 50 meters, and that is simply awesome, not to mention you can call down THE fucking lightning. If you have never seen a lightning hit the ground.. Well.. You would not know what I'm talking about.

Now, what I'm hoping for is the same level of destruction in this game. In prototype I see the groundbreaking tendencies when hitting the ground from high above, and I really hope they got something awesome in store for me.

That is it so far. I'll comment further down the line.
Back to top Go down
rayx10
Neonate
Neonate
rayx10

Awesomeness : 4

Character sheet
Name: Ray McLeod
Clan: Khaibit (Mekhet)
Covenant: Carthian Movement

Prototype da Game Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prototype da Game   Prototype da Game I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 18, 2009 2:09 pm

http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2009/5/27/

Is there any truth to this one?
Back to top Go down
Beast King
Elder
Elder
Beast King

Character sheet

Prototype da Game Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prototype da Game   Prototype da Game I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 18, 2009 2:12 pm

good god, I hope not. That would seriously suck.
Back to top Go down
Boehlke
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Boehlke

Character sheet

Prototype da Game Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prototype da Game   Prototype da Game I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 18, 2009 2:21 pm

OK, After two days of play I completed the game. So, the game lasted as long as the usual medicore game. The story is interesting, although there was a lot to go on, the developers did a rather poor job. Mostly what happened was: "I have to go kill that guy, then I'll get the answers". You get a 10 sec memory flash of what he have seen. Then when you did that the character says: "Ok, now I have to kill and consume this other guy" When you inhaled his guts, you get another 10 seconds of memory flashes from that guy. Now, I have to say that the first times you got those flashes it was cool. The flashes was very nicely made. But the 236th time, it gets boring. After killing what? 2 million infected, and about the same amount of army personnel, and killed off about twice as many innocent pedestrians you are stuck with nothing.. You did not get to know all that much, the game was made so that obviously the main character learned the whole ordeal, but you (the player) did not learn that much of what happened and such. In the first hour of play you felt as though you where part of the story, but that quickly turned when the slaughter fest began. Do not mistake me, killing thousand upon thousand is fun... for 5 minutes.

The powers and combat in the game is great, you get a lot of moves an unique abilities like "almost flying", tossing cars at helicopter, hijack helicopters in mid air, hijack tanks and the like. The unique powers is also pretty bad ass, but... You can only do one of these "devastator" attacks as they are called (you can buy a upgrade that lets you use two). At the end of your health bar you got a little dick poking out, and when that is filled you can do that attack. But when you unleash the attack you also damage yourself. So, in order to conserve life, you rarely use them.. which by my book is a real god damn shame. If you could spam them, you'd evade a lot of really frustrating situations most likely due to poor game building from the developers side.

Character within the game. Ok, you play this stud who wakes up at this "Gentek" morgue clinically dead, but not quite lying-in-your-grave-rotting-dead (Or in this case, the morgue). You meet some interesting character in the start. And you even feel with the guy. At some point just after the start everything changes, towards other humans, and other character you interact with. After two hours of play you are just running around consuming people for memory bits that don't really reveal all that much. Well, I'm straining off a bit here. Where I was getting at is that you don't get bonded to one single NPC in the whole game, which is really bad for the story as a whole. With no NPC to care or help or get helped by. The story gets really thin... FAST. You have a sister. You see her three or four times. You have an ex-girlfriend (Oh noes). You see her three to four time too. Then there is this morgue doctor or whatever they are called, and you see him the same amount of times. (and when you see them, it is only in movie sequences that rarely lasts longer than 15 - 20 seconds. The rest is just killing killing killing. It just gets way too much and the characters gets forgotten. There are some characters that could have developed real cool. But no, the developers did not go for that angle. Too bad, cause that really screwed your game!

Graphics is ok too. Just had to say that Smile

There is a lot of negativity here, but there are some bright spots during the game also. But worth the almost 500kr? No thank you...

I'd recommend Infamous. You get almost the same thing, except you are not a dead guy with too much speed in his dead veins running around on a killing spree using powers and morphing like a nymphomaniac.

So, that concludes the Prototype game. I'd give it a 4/10
Back to top Go down
Boehlke
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Boehlke

Character sheet

Prototype da Game Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prototype da Game   Prototype da Game I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 18, 2009 2:23 pm

rayx10 wrote:
http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2009/5/27/

Is there any truth to this one?

Hahahaha. Don't remember ever being stopped by a chianlink fence Razz But hey.
Back to top Go down
Boehlke
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Boehlke

Character sheet

Prototype da Game Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prototype da Game   Prototype da Game I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 18, 2009 3:26 pm

Confirmed. Chainlink gates can't be overpowered. But then again. Many things are brakeble, and many ain't. I searched a good while before I even found one. So, no problem.

Game with a soul that one. Looksie: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SN5gmp1xnVk
Back to top Go down
Beast King
Elder
Elder
Beast King

Character sheet

Prototype da Game Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prototype da Game   Prototype da Game I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 18, 2009 5:41 pm

Okay, now I'm disappointed. I was looking forward to Prototype. I mean from all the trailers and everything, I got this huge sense of expectations towards it. Now, after reading your review Boehlke, I find myself wondering if it will be worth buying at all.
Well see if I'm swimming in cash one day, perhaps then.
Oh well, at least I can still look forward to Assassins Creed 2. bounce
Back to top Go down
Boehlke
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Boehlke

Character sheet

Prototype da Game Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prototype da Game   Prototype da Game I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 18, 2009 5:52 pm

Yeah.. I mean, the game is fun. It is... But that's about it. Great battles and stuff. But in the long run that just don't do it.
I'd wait until the price drops... A LOT. Then it's worth it.

Assassins Creed.. ah.. 2. That's gonna be my Christmas wish.
Back to top Go down
Beast King
Elder
Elder
Beast King

Character sheet

Prototype da Game Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prototype da Game   Prototype da Game I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 26, 2009 12:38 am

Heh, Yatzee reviewed Prototype yeasterday. I encourage everyone to go take a look.
And pay attention, or you won't understand what he says.http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/zero-punctuation/789-Prototype
Back to top Go down
Boehlke
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Boehlke

Character sheet

Prototype da Game Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prototype da Game   Prototype da Game I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 26, 2009 1:42 am

hahahha! Thatt guy is so awesome!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Prototype da Game Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prototype da Game   Prototype da Game I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Prototype da Game
Page 1 of 1