Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

To those i knew, lived, died, fought and killed alongside! This is for you!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterGalleryLog in

Game/movie character with the worst case of PTSD

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Beast King
Elder
Elder
Beast King

Awesomeness : 9

Character sheet
Name: Charles the Ripper
Clan: Gangrel
Covenant: Ordo Dracul

Game/movie character with the worst case of PTSD Empty
PostSubject: Game/movie character with the worst case of PTSD   Game/movie character with the worst case of PTSD I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 20, 2009 9:58 pm

Okay, I was wondering the other day. Who is the game and or movie character (mostly main characters) who is bound to have the worst case of Post Traumatic Stress Disorder when they are finished with the game or movie they are in.
I would suggest the guy from F.E.A.R. He is got to be fucked in the head from all the shit he goes through in the game.
what do you guys think?
Back to top Go down
Boehlke
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Boehlke

Awesomeness : 43

Character sheet
Name: Nickolas
Covenant: Unbound

PostSubject: Re: Game/movie character with the worst case of PTSD   Game/movie character with the worst case of PTSD I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 21, 2009 1:55 am

What about Max Payne? I think I'd go batshit if I where him... On second thoughts, he does just that...

Or maybe the guy in Condemned: Criminal Origins. That shit is just fucked up.

No, wait.. Maybe even worse; that guy from Doom Wink
Back to top Go down
https://radioactive.forumotion.com
Beast King
Elder
Elder
Beast King

Awesomeness : 9

Character sheet
Name: Charles the Ripper
Covenant: Ordo Dracul

PostSubject: Re: Game/movie character with the worst case of PTSD   Game/movie character with the worst case of PTSD I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 21, 2009 4:02 am

or the guy in Dead Space...
I just found a major flaw in this thread. I don't know what happens to Max Payne, or the guy in Condemned or the guy in Doom. Perhaps we should describe shortly what happens to the ones we 'nominate'.
I'll go first, since it's my job.
Okay, guy in Dead Space, he's called Isaac or something. He's in reality a telereparator...in space. He's part of a team that goes to a space station or something that has problems with its communication. The problem is everyone on board is dead and aliens, predictably, has invaded the place and wants to bit Isaac's butt off. Now, ordinary repair guy, having to go around a dark, dirty space station, on his own, where blood is more poular than paint as a means to cover the walls, and dead bodies have grown extra limbs and are trying to make him dead as well.
Okay, this is obviously a poor description of things, it doesn't do the game justice, but the point is, shit happens and the poor guy has to be fucked in the head after what he has to go through.

Okay, now for the F.E.A.R guy. Don't know his name, but he is a genetically enhanced super solider part of a elite unit of similarly enhanced super soldiers. the unit is called F.E.A.R by the way. Now, I have only seen a bit of one of the expansion packs, but it is one of the most scary things I have seen, evar. Blood stains everywhere, screaming in the hallways, monster things trying to kill you, little girls imprevious to bullets with a nasty knack of killing you with one touch, freaky alternative dimensions. Sahit like that has to mess with the mind, it just has to.
Back to top Go down
Boehlke
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Boehlke

Awesomeness : 43

Character sheet
Name: Nickolas
Covenant: Unbound

PostSubject: Re: Game/movie character with the worst case of PTSD   Game/movie character with the worst case of PTSD I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 21, 2009 3:14 pm

Allright, Isaac, the guy in Dead Space, he was toasted by his resurrected GF right at the end. The game was so darn solid, and the ending was simply awesome. I've heard rumors of a second one.

As to Fear... As a First.Encounter.Assault.Reckon you deal with a lot of shit, true. But, I simply felt sorry for poor Alma. Even after all the shit she threw my way. Somehow you bonded with her during with the game. (in a weird way) And well.. Half way it was not that scary anymore. I've never played the second one though. Or Expansions.

Doom is mostly about a guy stranded on a planet where Hell has surfaced. He's alone against all hells might. SO... Yeah.. Through 3 games the guy have to endure. The first games (1 and 2) was made in the early 90's? I think, and is a 2D game, the game nr 3 we got nice enough 3D so that you can actually see the shit that goes down.

Max Payne... His story is much more mundane. He's a cop. His wife and kid got killed, at his home, probably because he jailed the wrong people. He then goes batshit on their asses determined to get revenge, justice or whatever. This sends him on a long journey of betrayal, murder and dangerous mind games.

The guy in Condemned... Well, that is a sort of game that is hard to explain. You have no idea what you are up against, and that I think is very essential to make the game scary. Things there is so fucked up, the game really fucks your mind while playing. You work as a FBI forensic dude investigating the sudden increase of murder throughout the city. From the get-go you get the feeling that something is not right -- I mean, something IS REALLY NOT RIGHT... At some point you don't know if it is the real deal or if it is just your mind fucking with you. Just a example of morbidity: Ever had to rip a guys jaw out, and then bash it back in to his eye sockets to finish him off?

Here's a movie to show of some sissy moments in the game. The guy who made this film thought that was the scariest moment, but then he has not come very far in the game, this is nothing...

Back to top Go down
https://radioactive.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Game/movie character with the worst case of PTSD   Game/movie character with the worst case of PTSD I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Game/movie character with the worst case of PTSD
Page 1 of 1