Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

To those i knew, lived, died, fought and killed alongside! This is for you!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterGalleryLog in

Da Buukz of huge scaly firebreathing lizards and dark dank and scary caves

Go down 
+2
Boehlke
Dragon-of-Legends
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Dragon-of-Legends
Neonate
Neonate
Dragon-of-Legends

Awesomeness : 0

Character sheet
Name: Prometheus/Strymer
Clan: Mekhet
Covenant:

Da Buukz of huge scaly firebreathing lizards and dark dank and scary caves - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Da Buukz of huge scaly firebreathing lizards and dark dank and scary caves   Da Buukz of huge scaly firebreathing lizards and dark dank and scary caves - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 03, 2009 10:31 am

First topic message reminder :

fo.yo.inFO. Iza gotza thrice da Buukz dem be 3.5 verzion but we aint got timez t'be picky
Da Buukz iza gotza iz: PHB core rulebook 1, DM-G core rulebook 2 and Oriental Adventures.
i be plannin to get ahold of the MM, both Dragon books: Draconomicon and Races of Dragon and the book that grants paragon levels, i just dont know when i will add them to my collection
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
Beast King
Elder
Elder
Beast King

Awesomeness : 9

Character sheet
Name: Charles the Ripper
Clan: Gangrel
Covenant: Ordo Dracul

Da Buukz of huge scaly firebreathing lizards and dark dank and scary caves - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Da Buukz of huge scaly firebreathing lizards and dark dank and scary caves   Da Buukz of huge scaly firebreathing lizards and dark dank and scary caves - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 18, 2009 7:34 pm

Boehlke wrote:
Quote :
and about the die tossing.. my previous Wod character, when I attacked..I had to roll about 30 to 40 d10's.

Ok, I just have to ask: WHAT HE HELL??! What kind of game where you playing? How many sessions did you have? How long did you play? Christ?! EXP raping much o' much? Hehe. Now, I'm a pretty Hardcore RP-er, so.. Well.. It depends on what you wanna play.. If you wanna play a WOD in "God mode,slash and hack, no consequence" well, that's fun a few times too. But damn man. That was a bit overdone don't you think?

Eh, yeah, that was kinda my fault. I was the ST and I gave them around 300% too much xp.
Back to top Go down
Boehlke
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Boehlke

Awesomeness : 43

Character sheet
Name: Nickolas
Covenant: Unbound

PostSubject: Re: Da Buukz of huge scaly firebreathing lizards and dark dank and scary caves   Da Buukz of huge scaly firebreathing lizards and dark dank and scary caves - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 18, 2009 7:35 pm

Beast King wrote:
I don't have anything against D&D per say, but I like WoD better because it is a much more social game, which opens up more for RP. I mean, when you play D&D or WoD you play it for the RP, right?
The way D&D is, in my opinion, it is more about making a bad ass character and going out and slaugtering dragons. Like Boehlke(I can't spell that name for shit) said in his Prototype review, killing is fun, for a while. then it gets boring.
And that is how D&D is for me now. fun once in a while, but gets boring quickly. I feel it is much too little focus on RP. the last couple of D&D campaigns I've played have been more about killing things than interacting with them.
And that was what I envisioned the forest campaign to be. A group of forest dvelers/protectors that goes around interacting with other forest dvelers. Of course, combat is important, but I want more RP.
WoD, in contrast to D&D, is laid up much more towards the social. If you just go around killing things, something is going to kill you very soon. I failed miserably at creating a working social enviroment in my last WoD campaign, something I am determined to fix with my school campaign.

Well, what you say about the social thingie I totally agree with, my reasons for that is because every singel D&D game I've played turns out like that no matter what GM. Offcourse we all might just have bad GMs, GMs that don't get the RP in Role-fucking-play..
Back to top Go down
https://radioactive.forumotion.com
Boehlke
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Boehlke

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Da Buukz of huge scaly firebreathing lizards and dark dank and scary caves   Da Buukz of huge scaly firebreathing lizards and dark dank and scary caves - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 18, 2009 7:38 pm

Beast King wrote:
Boehlke wrote:
Quote :
and about the die tossing.. my previous Wod character, when I attacked..I had to roll about 30 to 40 d10's.

Ok, I just have to ask: WHAT HE HELL??! What kind of game where you playing? How many sessions did you have? How long did you play? Christ?! EXP raping much o' much? Hehe. Now, I'm a pretty Hardcore RP-er, so.. Well.. It depends on what you wanna play.. If you wanna play a WOD in "God mode,slash and hack, no consequence" well, that's fun a few times too. But damn man. That was a bit overdone don't you think?

Eh, yeah, that was kinda my fault. I was the ST and I gave them around 300% too much xp.

Hahahaha! God damn! the moste I've tossed is 18 on an god damn ELDER, with level 5 Vigor and Willpower use. You damn XP rapist *shakes fist*

But hey.. It was your first time ST'ing right? You gotta try different things and learn from the errors. 's the only way Smile

I simply don't have enough fingers to count how many errors I did my first time. Shocked But still, I feel it turned out all right that time.
Back to top Go down
Beast King
Elder
Elder
Beast King

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Da Buukz of huge scaly firebreathing lizards and dark dank and scary caves   Da Buukz of huge scaly firebreathing lizards and dark dank and scary caves - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 18, 2009 7:43 pm

it was a learning experience. I'm gonna use much stricter xp rules next time, and I am not going to accept a mixed party. One kind at a time. The part was a mix of vampires, mages, humans and we even had a changeling.
That fucked things up a bit, RP wise.
Back to top Go down
Nemonomicon
Anchillae
Anchillae
Nemonomicon

Character sheet
Name: Nemo
Clan: Ventrue/Malkavian
Covenant: The Invictus

PostSubject: Re: Da Buukz of huge scaly firebreathing lizards and dark dank and scary caves   Da Buukz of huge scaly firebreathing lizards and dark dank and scary caves - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 18, 2009 7:45 pm

Beast King wrote:
it was a learning experience. I'm gonna use much stricter xp rules next time, and I am not going to accept a mixed party. One kind at a time. The part was a mix of vampires, mages, humans and we even had a changeling.

My poor Malkavian..Had to make him uber to have a chance competing with the Mages.. I even had 2 sexchanges..
Back to top Go down
Beast King
Elder
Elder
Beast King

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Da Buukz of huge scaly firebreathing lizards and dark dank and scary caves   Da Buukz of huge scaly firebreathing lizards and dark dank and scary caves - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 18, 2009 7:49 pm

Nemonomicon wrote:
Beast King wrote:

My poor Malkavian..Had to make him uber to have a chance competing with the Mages.. I even had 2 sexchanges..

Yeah, that was pretty wack. Geez, talk about random, but the reason for changing your sex was valid, after all.
Back to top Go down
Lucky7AX
Kine
Kine
Lucky7AX

Awesomeness : 0

Character sheet
Name:
Clan:
Covenant:

PostSubject: Re: Da Buukz of huge scaly firebreathing lizards and dark dank and scary caves   Da Buukz of huge scaly firebreathing lizards and dark dank and scary caves - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 18, 2009 7:50 pm

Boehlke wrote:
Beast King wrote:
I don't have anything against D&D per say, but I like WoD better because it is a much more social game, which opens up more for RP. I mean, when you play D&D or WoD you play it for the RP, right?
The way D&D is, in my opinion, it is more about making a bad ass character and going out and slaugtering dragons. Like Boehlke(I can't spell that name for shit) said in his Prototype review, killing is fun, for a while. then it gets boring.
And that is how D&D is for me now. fun once in a while, but gets boring quickly. I feel it is much too little focus on RP. the last couple of D&D campaigns I've played have been more about killing things than interacting with them.
And that was what I envisioned the forest campaign to be. A group of forest dvelers/protectors that goes around interacting with other forest dvelers. Of course, combat is important, but I want more RP.
WoD, in contrast to D&D, is laid up much more towards the social. If you just go around killing things, something is going to kill you very soon. I failed miserably at creating a working social enviroment in my last WoD campaign, something I am determined to fix with my school campaign.

Well, what you say about the social thingie I totally agree with, my reasons for that is because every singel D&D game I've played turns out like that no matter what GM. Offcourse we all might just have bad GMs, GMs that don't get the RP in Role-fucking-play..

Well sometimes it's the GM, but other times it's the players themselves. Example:

GM: A man in dark robes comes walking towards you. "Halt... The bleak lord wishes to know who has entered his domain!!" He speaks as he draws his sword...
Player: I charge him... HURR DURR...

Well that's an extreme example, but this is just so annoying when you're a GM and wants to have some social RP'ing.
Some players don't think of all the options before they act. And saying: "My barbarian hacks away first, ask questions later" is not an excuse.
This might be because some players already before they start playing thinks that D&D is purely action based.
Back to top Go down
Boehlke
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Boehlke

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Da Buukz of huge scaly firebreathing lizards and dark dank and scary caves   Da Buukz of huge scaly firebreathing lizards and dark dank and scary caves - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 18, 2009 7:53 pm

Beast King wrote:

Yeah, that tends to be difficult. Some of them are not balances to each other.. And that is the way it is supposed to be. Most of the populous of each race don't really know of each other...

Nemonomicon wrote:
Beast King wrote:

Again, balance.. It is possible with cross over, but well, lore wise what I wrote above counts in to the balance. But.. If the XP was not raped so, perhaps it would be more fair. each "race has its own niche after all, and that is where they belong, that is where they are strong.
Back to top Go down
Boehlke
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Boehlke

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Da Buukz of huge scaly firebreathing lizards and dark dank and scary caves   Da Buukz of huge scaly firebreathing lizards and dark dank and scary caves - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 18, 2009 7:56 pm

Lucky7AX wrote:
Boehlke wrote:
Beast King wrote:

Well sometimes it's the GM, but other times it's the players themselves. Example:

GM: A man in dark robes comes walking towards you. "Halt... The bleak lord wishes to know who has entered his domain!!" He speaks as he draws his sword...

Well that's an extreme example, but this is just so annoying when you're a GM and wants to have some social RP'ing.
Some players don't think of all the options before they act. And saying: "My barbarian hacks away first, ask questions later" is not an excuse.
This might be because some players already before they start playing thinks that D&D is purely action based.

That is also very true... you should check out the Chronicles of Michelle Wink

I bet we all have dealt with both more than once, and it is sad. Really sad. Specially when ONE single player ruins all the RP with such shit..
Back to top Go down
Boehlke
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Boehlke

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Da Buukz of huge scaly firebreathing lizards and dark dank and scary caves   Da Buukz of huge scaly firebreathing lizards and dark dank and scary caves - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 18, 2009 7:58 pm

Beast King wrote:
Nemonomicon wrote:
Beast King wrote:

Yeah, that was pretty wack. Geez, talk about random, but the reason for changing your sex was valid, after all.

Haha, sounds entertaining. What was the reason?
Back to top Go down
Nemonomicon
Anchillae
Anchillae
Nemonomicon

Character sheet
Name: Nemo
Clan: Ventrue/Malkavian
Covenant: The Invictus

PostSubject: Re: Da Buukz of huge scaly firebreathing lizards and dark dank and scary caves   Da Buukz of huge scaly firebreathing lizards and dark dank and scary caves - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 18, 2009 7:59 pm

Lucky7AX wrote:
Boehlke wrote:
Beast King wrote:

When I GM, I present the players with the option of social RP, I try not to force the RP'ing on the players. Some players dont like RP, and thats ok. And if you love to RP, then seek it like a Barbarian seeks victims. If the GM is not entirly stupid, he will take the hint and present more RP oppurtunities
Back to top Go down
Beast King
Elder
Elder
Beast King

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Da Buukz of huge scaly firebreathing lizards and dark dank and scary caves   Da Buukz of huge scaly firebreathing lizards and dark dank and scary caves - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 18, 2009 8:02 pm

Lucky7AX wrote:

I'm not quite innocent there, myself, but for some reason I feel that its harder to RP socially in D&D, I don't really know why.
Back to top Go down
Beast King
Elder
Elder
Beast King

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Da Buukz of huge scaly firebreathing lizards and dark dank and scary caves   Da Buukz of huge scaly firebreathing lizards and dark dank and scary caves - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 18, 2009 8:05 pm

Boehlke wrote:
Beast King wrote:
Nemonomicon wrote:
Beast King wrote:

Haha, sounds entertaining. What was the reason?

He diabliresed...eh...he drank from another vampire and got the aura thingy. To awoid a bloodhunt, my Mage NPC badass changed his sex and (s)he hid her aura with obfuscate.
Then, later on, (s)he changed his/her sex back again.
Back to top Go down
Boehlke
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Boehlke

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Da Buukz of huge scaly firebreathing lizards and dark dank and scary caves   Da Buukz of huge scaly firebreathing lizards and dark dank and scary caves - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 18, 2009 8:26 pm

Hahahah, pretty funny.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Da Buukz of huge scaly firebreathing lizards and dark dank and scary caves   Da Buukz of huge scaly firebreathing lizards and dark dank and scary caves - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Da Buukz of huge scaly firebreathing lizards and dark dank and scary caves
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Da P&P House :: Da D&D-
Jump to: