Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

To those i knew, lived, died, fought and killed alongside! This is for you!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterGalleryLog in

Da Buukz of huge scaly firebreathing lizards and dark dank and scary caves

Go down 
+2
Boehlke
Dragon-of-Legends
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Dragon-of-Legends
Neonate
Neonate
Dragon-of-Legends

Awesomeness : 0

Character sheet
Name: Prometheus/Strymer
Clan: Mekhet
Covenant:

Da Buukz of huge scaly firebreathing lizards and dark dank and scary caves Empty
PostSubject: Da Buukz of huge scaly firebreathing lizards and dark dank and scary caves   Da Buukz of huge scaly firebreathing lizards and dark dank and scary caves I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 03, 2009 10:31 am

fo.yo.inFO. Iza gotza thrice da Buukz dem be 3.5 verzion but we aint got timez t'be picky
Da Buukz iza gotza iz: PHB core rulebook 1, DM-G core rulebook 2 and Oriental Adventures.
i be plannin to get ahold of the MM, both Dragon books: Draconomicon and Races of Dragon and the book that grants paragon levels, i just dont know when i will add them to my collection
Back to top Go down
Boehlke
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Boehlke

Awesomeness : 43

Character sheet
Name: Nickolas
Clan: Gangrel
Covenant: Unbound

Da Buukz of huge scaly firebreathing lizards and dark dank and scary caves Empty
PostSubject: Re: Da Buukz of huge scaly firebreathing lizards and dark dank and scary caves   Da Buukz of huge scaly firebreathing lizards and dark dank and scary caves I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 03, 2009 12:37 pm

Neato beato! Sounds cool. I can't say I know them books, since I've only ever laid my hands on the ones Martin owns. I had the old v1 books, haha. yup. But the latter is much better :p
Back to top Go down
https://radioactive.forumotion.com
Dragon-of-Legends
Neonate
Neonate
Dragon-of-Legends

Character sheet
Covenant:

PostSubject: Re: Da Buukz of huge scaly firebreathing lizards and dark dank and scary caves   Da Buukz of huge scaly firebreathing lizards and dark dank and scary caves I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 03, 2009 1:48 pm

Boehlke wrote:
Neato beato! Sounds cool. I can't say I know them books, since I've only ever laid my hands on the ones Martin owns. I had the old v1 books, haha. yup. But the latter is much better :p
PHB = Player Hand Book
DM-G = Dungeon Masters Guide
both the PHB and the DM-G is the Core rule set volume 1 and 2
MM =Monster Manual => contains moonstaahs and shitz
Back to top Go down
Dragon-of-Legends
Neonate
Neonate
Dragon-of-Legends

Character sheet
Covenant:

PostSubject: Re: Da Buukz of huge scaly firebreathing lizards and dark dank and scary caves   Da Buukz of huge scaly firebreathing lizards and dark dank and scary caves I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 03, 2009 4:41 pm

What a Face da Moonstah manual is mine soon og jeg takker www.spillsjefen.no for mitt ekemplar, bestillte boka idag =D
Back to top Go down
Boehlke
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Boehlke

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Da Buukz of huge scaly firebreathing lizards and dark dank and scary caves   Da Buukz of huge scaly firebreathing lizards and dark dank and scary caves I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 03, 2009 5:10 pm

haha, kewll. blir spunky shit det tenker jeg Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Dragon-of-Legends
Neonate
Neonate
Dragon-of-Legends

Character sheet
Covenant:

PostSubject: Re: Da Buukz of huge scaly firebreathing lizards and dark dank and scary caves   Da Buukz of huge scaly firebreathing lizards and dark dank and scary caves I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 14, 2009 3:26 pm

Azz previosly mentioned but now is a fact, the MONSTER MANUAL OF D&D is MINE ALL MINE!!!!!! i have it in my grasp, powerful creatures, awesome spells and near infinite madness lies at my very fingertips *looks scheemingly around* now if i can only find someone to unleash it upon
Back to top Go down
Dragon-of-Legends
Neonate
Neonate
Dragon-of-Legends

Character sheet
Covenant:

PostSubject: Re: Da Buukz of huge scaly firebreathing lizards and dark dank and scary caves   Da Buukz of huge scaly firebreathing lizards and dark dank and scary caves I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 17, 2009 3:36 am

Dragon-of-Legends wrote:
Azz previosly mentioned but now is a fact, the MONSTER MANUAL OF D&D is MINE ALL MINE!!!!!! i have it in my grasp, powerful creatures, awesome spells and near infinite madness lies at my very fingertips *looks scheemingly around* now if i can only find someone to unleash it upon
....huh? where did everybody go? HELLO!!!! anybody out there!? *ecco ecco*
Back to top Go down
Beast King
Elder
Elder
Beast King

Awesomeness : 9

Character sheet
Name: Charles the Ripper
Covenant: Ordo Dracul

PostSubject: Re: Da Buukz of huge scaly firebreathing lizards and dark dank and scary caves   Da Buukz of huge scaly firebreathing lizards and dark dank and scary caves I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 17, 2009 9:28 am

D&D man? Geez, at least tell me it's not 4.0...
Back to top Go down
Dragon-of-Legends
Neonate
Neonate
Dragon-of-Legends

Character sheet
Covenant:

PostSubject: Re: Da Buukz of huge scaly firebreathing lizards and dark dank and scary caves   Da Buukz of huge scaly firebreathing lizards and dark dank and scary caves I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 17, 2009 6:27 pm

Beast King wrote:
D&D man? Geez, at least tell me it's not 4.0...
nope its 3.5 but i was concidering getting the 4.0 version also.......but probably not
Back to top Go down
Boehlke
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Boehlke

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Da Buukz of huge scaly firebreathing lizards and dark dank and scary caves   Da Buukz of huge scaly firebreathing lizards and dark dank and scary caves I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 17, 2009 7:03 pm

Wass iss uppody with dat 4'O yo?
Back to top Go down
Beast King
Elder
Elder
Beast King

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Da Buukz of huge scaly firebreathing lizards and dark dank and scary caves   Da Buukz of huge scaly firebreathing lizards and dark dank and scary caves I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 17, 2009 10:35 pm

4.0 is like totally diffrent from 3.5. Everything is changed, you now have a certain number of times you can do certain actions, like attack and cast spells and such.
I haven't read much on it, but to me it sounds pretty gay.
"Oh, I have this cool technique I can do with my sword, but I can only do it once per fight."
sounds idiotic Neutral
Back to top Go down
Boehlke
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Boehlke

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Da Buukz of huge scaly firebreathing lizards and dark dank and scary caves   Da Buukz of huge scaly firebreathing lizards and dark dank and scary caves I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 17, 2009 11:02 pm

I only got v1, hahah xD

And that shit with only once per fight? Whaaaat? Picture a boxing fight like that. In 5 min, if no one is KO-ed yet, they'll only be staring at each other... OK, haha, maybe a bit extreme, but man it sounds stupid.
Back to top Go down
Beast King
Elder
Elder
Beast King

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Da Buukz of huge scaly firebreathing lizards and dark dank and scary caves   Da Buukz of huge scaly firebreathing lizards and dark dank and scary caves I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 18, 2009 12:13 am

I know. I think its stupid as well. That's why I'm not too keen on playing 4.0
Back to top Go down
rayx10
Neonate
Neonate
rayx10

Awesomeness : 4

Character sheet
Name: Ray McLeod
Clan: Khaibit (Mekhet)
Covenant: Carthian Movement

PostSubject: Re: Da Buukz of huge scaly firebreathing lizards and dark dank and scary caves   Da Buukz of huge scaly firebreathing lizards and dark dank and scary caves I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 18, 2009 2:06 pm

Yous guys are totally nerds, D&D is too phantasy'ish for me, I'll stick with WOD bounce
Back to top Go down
Beast King
Elder
Elder
Beast King

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Da Buukz of huge scaly firebreathing lizards and dark dank and scary caves   Da Buukz of huge scaly firebreathing lizards and dark dank and scary caves I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 18, 2009 2:14 pm

didn't you join in on one D&D campaign back at VOFHS?
Back to top Go down
Boehlke
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Boehlke

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Da Buukz of huge scaly firebreathing lizards and dark dank and scary caves   Da Buukz of huge scaly firebreathing lizards and dark dank and scary caves I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 18, 2009 2:27 pm

rayx10 wrote:
Yous guys are totally nerds, D&D is too phantasy'ish for me, I'll stick with WOD bounce

Haha, yeah. I like D&D with amped down magic. More Steel and blood sweat, less Sky farting and love potions.
Back to top Go down
Beast King
Elder
Elder
Beast King

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Da Buukz of huge scaly firebreathing lizards and dark dank and scary caves   Da Buukz of huge scaly firebreathing lizards and dark dank and scary caves I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 18, 2009 5:29 pm

Boehlke wrote:
rayx10 wrote:

Haha, yeah. I like D&D with amped down magic. More Steel and blood sweat, less Sky farting and love potions.

sky farting and love potions? Woot? Shocked
Anyway, I'm supposed to set up this forest D&D campaign where none of the characters are magic users, only swords and stuff like that.
I'm not sure if I'll actually put up the campaign, the characters are way overpowered, I mean litterally. They are lvl 10 and one of them can throw two ton rocks. Another does massive damaged with each and every hit.
Just to give you an idea of the lvl of things.
Sigh, I like WoD better anyway. Much more balanced and open for social skills.
Back to top Go down
Boehlke
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Boehlke

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Da Buukz of huge scaly firebreathing lizards and dark dank and scary caves   Da Buukz of huge scaly firebreathing lizards and dark dank and scary caves I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 18, 2009 5:39 pm

yeah. Often D&D can get a tad bit so-so. Remember when Me 'n Ras 'n Martin was little. Me and a friend BJ... (OH HOLEE TIT CLUSTER! FIRST NOW I SAW WHAT WE'VE BEEN SAYING ALL THESE YEARS!!! "BJ?!?!?" THAT FICKING SHORT FOR "BLOW JOB" oh noes) where visiting the Dansishists in Stavanger. We where gonna play D&D, but we where always arguing. Haha. Thank god we've frown up Shocked

Sounds cool enough with the none magic campaign. But two ton rocks? Hah. What's the fun in that? No.. wait.. Forget I asked that. You probably get my point bounce
Back to top Go down
Beast King
Elder
Elder
Beast King

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Da Buukz of huge scaly firebreathing lizards and dark dank and scary caves   Da Buukz of huge scaly firebreathing lizards and dark dank and scary caves I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 18, 2009 5:49 pm

If I end up doing that campaign, I'm making it a war campaign.
Its the only way I can think of doing it.
But then I have to remake the rules for combat and shit. Damn.
few combat systems fit with a war scenario, I wonder why...
Back to top Go down
Boehlke
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Boehlke

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Da Buukz of huge scaly firebreathing lizards and dark dank and scary caves   Da Buukz of huge scaly firebreathing lizards and dark dank and scary caves I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 18, 2009 5:55 pm

Huh, it does? Just duplicate each enemy on the... ehrm.. the.. CRAP BRAIN FREEZE. The.. eh.. rutene? er det ikke det man bruker i D&D?

Duplicate with ten, and if one hurl a huge stone all get smashed...
Back to top Go down
Beast King
Elder
Elder
Beast King

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Da Buukz of huge scaly firebreathing lizards and dark dank and scary caves   Da Buukz of huge scaly firebreathing lizards and dark dank and scary caves I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 18, 2009 6:12 pm

yeah, you have a point, but my point is that most RP game have combat systems designed for one on one combat, not one on group. One on ten goes, barely, but one on a hundred, ten on a thousand?
There is no good way of doing those kinds of fights without it taking all year and it being boring as hell.
That's what I have to fix if I am to have a war campaign.
Back to top Go down
Boehlke
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Boehlke

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Da Buukz of huge scaly firebreathing lizards and dark dank and scary caves   Da Buukz of huge scaly firebreathing lizards and dark dank and scary caves I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 18, 2009 6:16 pm

True true... coz you don't want to fight 10.000 men one on one after another... haha.. Are we talking FF here? haha.
Back to top Go down
Beast King
Elder
Elder
Beast King

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Da Buukz of huge scaly firebreathing lizards and dark dank and scary caves   Da Buukz of huge scaly firebreathing lizards and dark dank and scary caves I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 18, 2009 6:17 pm

if we were talking FF, we would be talking about fighting dragons that take days to kill.
Back to top Go down
Nemonomicon
Anchillae
Anchillae
Nemonomicon

Character sheet
Name: Nemo
Clan: Ventrue/Malkavian
Covenant: The Invictus

PostSubject: Re: Da Buukz of huge scaly firebreathing lizards and dark dank and scary caves   Da Buukz of huge scaly firebreathing lizards and dark dank and scary caves I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 18, 2009 6:22 pm

Beast King wrote:
Boehlke wrote:
rayx10 wrote:

sky farting and love potions? Woot? Shocked
Anyway, I'm supposed to set up this forest D&D campaign where none of the characters are magic users, only swords and stuff like that.
I'm not sure if I'll actually put up the campaign, the characters are way overpowered, I mean litterally. They are lvl 10 and one of them can throw two ton rocks. Another does massive damaged with each and every hit.
Just to give you an idea of the lvl of things.
Sigh, I like WoD better anyway. Much more balanced and open for social skills.

Hehe, im that rock throwing bastard. actually, he is made for brawling, the rock throwing is secondary bonus. Have a decent chance outgrappling a creature two sizes bigger then me.
Back to top Go down
Beast King
Elder
Elder
Beast King

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Da Buukz of huge scaly firebreathing lizards and dark dank and scary caves   Da Buukz of huge scaly firebreathing lizards and dark dank and scary caves I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 18, 2009 6:24 pm

and that tree is a big reason why I'm considering not having that campaing.
Nemo, tell the public about your nymph, by the way.
Back to top Go down
Boehlke
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Boehlke

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Da Buukz of huge scaly firebreathing lizards and dark dank and scary caves   Da Buukz of huge scaly firebreathing lizards and dark dank and scary caves I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 18, 2009 6:25 pm

What.. Did I hear nyph? Man, that word always gets to me.. Nymphomaniac.. Gee..
Back to top Go down
Boehlke
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Boehlke

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Da Buukz of huge scaly firebreathing lizards and dark dank and scary caves   Da Buukz of huge scaly firebreathing lizards and dark dank and scary caves I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 18, 2009 6:27 pm

Nemo, so that guy of yours is supposed to rush in with his bare hands beating people up? Cool enough. Not many choose that option now days..
Back to top Go down
Nemonomicon
Anchillae
Anchillae
Nemonomicon

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Da Buukz of huge scaly firebreathing lizards and dark dank and scary caves   Da Buukz of huge scaly firebreathing lizards and dark dank and scary caves I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 18, 2009 6:32 pm

Aah, my half nymph, half medusa freak? She is a archer, with a wooping +10 modifier in charisma and dex (before magic items) and the closer you get, the more ways she has to kill you..first archery, then she turns you to stone, if that fails she stuns you with a glance and fill you body with more arrows, and if you are in the "too close range" you are most likely getting blinded by her beauty. her Ac 32 I think without any gear..just natural armor and dex/cha. Gotta love that girl.

and yeah, my Treant loves to get his hands dirty.and by dirty, I mean that he will most likely use the enemies bloody corpses as throwing ammo.
Back to top Go down
Boehlke
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Boehlke

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Da Buukz of huge scaly firebreathing lizards and dark dank and scary caves   Da Buukz of huge scaly firebreathing lizards and dark dank and scary caves I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 18, 2009 6:36 pm

So.. that brute is an Ent? geee.. Things have changed since v1... affraid
Back to top Go down
Beast King
Elder
Elder
Beast King

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Da Buukz of huge scaly firebreathing lizards and dark dank and scary caves   Da Buukz of huge scaly firebreathing lizards and dark dank and scary caves I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 18, 2009 6:37 pm

I made a DM executive that the treant has a family of squirells living in its branches.
Back to top Go down
Nemonomicon
Anchillae
Anchillae
Nemonomicon

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Da Buukz of huge scaly firebreathing lizards and dark dank and scary caves   Da Buukz of huge scaly firebreathing lizards and dark dank and scary caves I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 18, 2009 6:39 pm

I like to call them "emergency rations" or biological AC
Back to top Go down
Boehlke
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Boehlke

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Da Buukz of huge scaly firebreathing lizards and dark dank and scary caves   Da Buukz of huge scaly firebreathing lizards and dark dank and scary caves I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 18, 2009 6:41 pm

Hahahahha. Nice!
Back to top Go down
Lucky7AX
Kine
Kine
Lucky7AX

Character sheet
Name:
Clan:
Covenant:

PostSubject: Re: Da Buukz of huge scaly firebreathing lizards and dark dank and scary caves   Da Buukz of huge scaly firebreathing lizards and dark dank and scary caves I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 18, 2009 6:44 pm

Beast King wrote:
I made a DM executive that the treant has a family of squirells living in its branches.

Om nom nom! Food for my character... (I play a werepather tongue )

Anyways.. When are you going to have the forest campaign? Sometime this fall?
Back to top Go down
Boehlke
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Boehlke

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Da Buukz of huge scaly firebreathing lizards and dark dank and scary caves   Da Buukz of huge scaly firebreathing lizards and dark dank and scary caves I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 18, 2009 6:50 pm

Lucky7AX wrote:
(I play a werepather tongue )

What... is... that? Panther? He, scuse me if it is a stupid question... But this is D&D after all... Many weird things..
Back to top Go down
Lucky7AX
Kine
Kine
Lucky7AX

Character sheet
Name:
Clan:
Covenant:

PostSubject: Re: Da Buukz of huge scaly firebreathing lizards and dark dank and scary caves   Da Buukz of huge scaly firebreathing lizards and dark dank and scary caves I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 18, 2009 6:55 pm

Boehlke wrote:
Lucky7AX wrote:

What... is... that? Panther? He, scuse me if it is a stupid question... But this is D&D after all... Many weird things..

It's basically like a werewolf... Exept that the wolf part is replaced by a panther...

I fact. He's a Half-Giant Werepanther monk that has 5 attacks with 6d8 damage...

Like This:

Da Buukz of huge scaly firebreathing lizards and dark dank and scary caves Katta13

Last edited by Lucky7AX on Thu Jun 18, 2009 7:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Nemonomicon
Anchillae
Anchillae
Nemonomicon

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Da Buukz of huge scaly firebreathing lizards and dark dank and scary caves   Da Buukz of huge scaly firebreathing lizards and dark dank and scary caves I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 18, 2009 6:57 pm

Lucky7AX wrote:
Boehlke wrote:
Lucky7AX wrote:

It's basically like a werewolf... Exept that the wolf part is replaced by a panther...

I fact. He's a Half-Giant Werepanther monk that has 5 attacks with 6d8 damage...

Thats not shabby..but is he able to deal 56d6 damage in one attack? Razz
Back to top Go down
Boehlke
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Boehlke

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Da Buukz of huge scaly firebreathing lizards and dark dank and scary caves   Da Buukz of huge scaly firebreathing lizards and dark dank and scary caves I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 18, 2009 7:01 pm

Nemonomicon wrote:
Lucky7AX wrote:
Boehlke wrote:
Lucky7AX wrote:

My gosh. This is hilarious, no offense. But me and the folks here has always been talking like you two does there right now, for fun.. Ya know, making a little fun of D&D since most of us seem to like WOD a bit better.

Hope I'm not mean or anything.. But I laughed so hard when I read: Half-Giant Werepanther monk. It's its. No, I have no words Surprised

EDIT*

Holee shit! Now I saw the picture!!! SPEECHLESS!!!
Back to top Go down
Nemonomicon
Anchillae
Anchillae
Nemonomicon

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Da Buukz of huge scaly firebreathing lizards and dark dank and scary caves   Da Buukz of huge scaly firebreathing lizards and dark dank and scary caves I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 18, 2009 7:05 pm

Boehlke wrote:
Nemonomicon wrote:
Lucky7AX wrote:
Boehlke wrote:
Lucky7AX wrote:

My gosh. This is hilarious, no offense. But me and the folks here has always been talking like you two does there right now, for fun.. Ya know, making a little fun of D&D since most of us seem to like WOD a bit better.

Hope I'm not mean or anything.. But I laughed so hard when I read: Half-Giant Werepanther monk. It's its. No, I have no words Surprised

EDIT*

Holee shit! Now I saw the picture!!! SPEECHLESS!!!

Dnd got certain things that makes me prefere it more then WoD.. One of those things are the fredom the system offers, another is system itself..D20 FTW
Back to top Go down
Lucky7AX
Kine
Kine
Lucky7AX

Character sheet
Name:
Clan:
Covenant:

PostSubject: Re: Da Buukz of huge scaly firebreathing lizards and dark dank and scary caves   Da Buukz of huge scaly firebreathing lizards and dark dank and scary caves I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 18, 2009 7:09 pm

Nemonomicon wrote:
Lucky7AX wrote:
Boehlke wrote:
Lucky7AX wrote:

Ummm... Yeah... If I take a couple of alternative class features and feats he might be able to do that. CBA doing it though.
Back to top Go down
Boehlke
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Boehlke

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Da Buukz of huge scaly firebreathing lizards and dark dank and scary caves   Da Buukz of huge scaly firebreathing lizards and dark dank and scary caves I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 18, 2009 7:15 pm

Quote :
Dnd got certain things that makes me prefere it more then WoD.. One of those things are the fredom the system offers

Huh? Freedom? Care to elaborate?

Quote :
another is system itself..D20 FTW

Well.. One of the things that breaks me is all of the die and die tossing.. I personally think it get's a tad bit too much dice throwing.
Back to top Go down
Nemonomicon
Anchillae
Anchillae
Nemonomicon

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Da Buukz of huge scaly firebreathing lizards and dark dank and scary caves   Da Buukz of huge scaly firebreathing lizards and dark dank and scary caves I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 18, 2009 7:21 pm

Boehlke wrote:
Quote :
Dnd got certain things that makes me prefere it more then WoD.. One of those things are the fredom the system offers

Huh? Freedom? Care to elaborate?

Quote :
another is system itself..D20 FTW

Well.. One of the things that breaks me is all of the die and die tossing.. I personally think it get's a tad bit too much dice throwing.

The game mechanic of dnd (and d20) allows you to make basicly anything and anyone you want. Do you want to play a Ogre with a spellbook and a magic carpet, then the rules give you freedom to do so. And if there arnt rule for it, the d20 mechanic is open enough to let you create it. Dnd can be played as both social and hack and slash, you can play evil or good or neither..you can save the princess, or rape her. or tell her that she will be moved to another castle.. and about the die tossing.. my previous Wod character, when I attacked..I had to roll about 30 to 40 d10's..
Back to top Go down
Beast King
Elder
Elder
Beast King

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Da Buukz of huge scaly firebreathing lizards and dark dank and scary caves   Da Buukz of huge scaly firebreathing lizards and dark dank and scary caves I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 18, 2009 7:29 pm

I don't have anything against D&D per say, but I like WoD better because it is a much more social game, which opens up more for RP. I mean, when you play D&D or WoD you play it for the RP, right?
The way D&D is, in my opinion, it is more about making a bad ass character and going out and slaugtering dragons. Like Boehlke(I can't spell that name for shit) said in his Prototype review, killing is fun, for a while. then it gets boring.
And that is how D&D is for me now. fun once in a while, but gets boring quickly. I feel it is much too little focus on RP. the last couple of D&D campaigns I've played have been more about killing things than interacting with them.
And that was what I envisioned the forest campaign to be. A group of forest dvelers/protectors that goes around interacting with other forest dvelers. Of course, combat is important, but I want more RP.
WoD, in contrast to D&D, is laid up much more towards the social. If you just go around killing things, something is going to kill you very soon. I failed miserably at creating a working social enviroment in my last WoD campaign, something I am determined to fix with my school campaign.
Back to top Go down
Beast King
Elder
Elder
Beast King

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Da Buukz of huge scaly firebreathing lizards and dark dank and scary caves   Da Buukz of huge scaly firebreathing lizards and dark dank and scary caves I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 18, 2009 7:30 pm

Nemonomicon wrote:
and about the die tossing.. my previous Wod character, when I attacked..I had to roll about 30 to 40 d10's..
That is what online dice bags are for.
Back to top Go down
Boehlke
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Boehlke

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Da Buukz of huge scaly firebreathing lizards and dark dank and scary caves   Da Buukz of huge scaly firebreathing lizards and dark dank and scary caves I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 18, 2009 7:30 pm

Quote :
The game mechanic of dnd (and d20) allows you to make basicly anything and anyone you want. Do you want to play a Ogre with a spellbook and a magic carpet, then the rules give you freedom to do so. And if there arnt rule for it, the d20 mechanic is open enough to let you create it. Dnd can be played as both social and hack and slash, you can play evil or good or neither..you can save the princess, or rape her. or tell her that she will be moved to another castle..

True. But what I have come to realize is that it is hard to compare the two games. In Vampire.. Well, you play Vampire.. In Wherewolf.. You play wherewolf..

In D&D there is free for all. And that fits if you wanna do that.. So yeah, I see and understand what you are saying. But if you want to change or do something different with WOD.. That's really not difficult either.

Quote :
and about the die tossing.. my previous Wod character, when I attacked..I had to roll about 30 to 40 d10's.

Ok, I just have to ask: WHAT HE HELL??! What kind of game where you playing? How many sessions did you have? How long did you play? Christ?! EXP raping much o' much? Hehe. Now, I'm a pretty Hardcore RP-er, so.. Well.. It depends on what you wanna play.. If you wanna play a WOD in "God mode,slash and hack, no consequence" well, that's fun a few times too. But damn man. That was a bit overdone don't you think?
Back to top Go down
Nemonomicon
Anchillae
Anchillae
Nemonomicon

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Da Buukz of huge scaly firebreathing lizards and dark dank and scary caves   Da Buukz of huge scaly firebreathing lizards and dark dank and scary caves I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 18, 2009 7:32 pm

Boehlke wrote:
Quote :
The game mechanic of dnd (and d20) allows you to make basicly anything and anyone you want. Do you want to play a Ogre with a spellbook and a magic carpet, then the rules give you freedom to do so. And if there arnt rule for it, the d20 mechanic is open enough to let you create it. Dnd can be played as both social and hack and slash, you can play evil or good or neither..you can save the princess, or rape her. or tell her that she will be moved to another castle..

True. But what I have come to realize is that it is hard to compare the two games. In Vampire.. Well, you play Vampire.. In Wherewolf.. You play wherewolf..

In D&D there is free for all. And that fits if you wanna do that.. So yeah, I see and understand what you are saying. But if you want to change or do something different with WOD.. That's really not difficult either.

Quote :
and about the die tossing.. my previous Wod character, when I attacked..I had to roll about 30 to 40 d10's.

Ok, I just have to ask: WHAT HE HELL??! What kind of game where you playing? How many sessions did you have? How long did you play? Christ?! EXP raping much o' much? Hehe. Now, I'm a pretty Hardcore RP-er, so.. Well.. It depends on what you wanna play.. If you wanna play a WOD in "God mode,slash and hack, no consequence" well, that's fun a few times too. But damn man. That was a bit overdone don't you think?

The Beast King provided me the Exp, I did the rest Wink and why settle for anything less then overkill?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Da Buukz of huge scaly firebreathing lizards and dark dank and scary caves   Da Buukz of huge scaly firebreathing lizards and dark dank and scary caves I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Da Buukz of huge scaly firebreathing lizards and dark dank and scary caves
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Da P&P House :: Da D&D-
Jump to: