Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

To those i knew, lived, died, fought and killed alongside! This is for you!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterGalleryLog in

What do YOU want to see in the Amaranth Chronicle?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Boehlke
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Boehlke

Awesomeness : 43

Character sheet
Name: Nickolas
Clan: Gangrel
Covenant: Unbound

What do YOU want to see in the Amaranth Chronicle? Empty
PostSubject: What do YOU want to see in the Amaranth Chronicle?   What do YOU want to see in the Amaranth Chronicle? I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 04, 2009 2:23 am

I believe It'll be in order to start the last bit of planning, as things hopefully will be calming down around here. Therefore I ask you, what would you want to see, feel, do or experience in the next installment of this line?

I'm not asking for big story concepts, but rather small things you'd like to see.

So, please indulge, this is your chance to come with some input of things you really want to do but has not yet done.

Oh, do not be afraid to spill whatever you got, I'm not a judging character Wink
Back to top Go down
https://radioactive.forumotion.com
Nemonomicon
Anchillae
Anchillae
Nemonomicon

Awesomeness : 9

Character sheet
Name: Nemo
Clan: Ventrue/Malkavian
Covenant: The Invictus

PostSubject: Re: What do YOU want to see in the Amaranth Chronicle?   What do YOU want to see in the Amaranth Chronicle? I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 04, 2009 2:42 am

a high variety of challenges. social encounters, if not directly combat but atleast the potential of combat situations. challenges whis our mental and physical skills gets tested, and atleast one event per session that lets each player have a time to shine. and, the oppurtunity to let the players feel that they are in control and makes the calls(no sheparding). Razz

Drama,conspiracies,mystery,politics and all that jazz.

Maybe if possible, weave in each characters personal goal, so the characters feel that what they do benefit themself and not only(if at all) other people.

(NO werewolfes) Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
Boehlke
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Boehlke

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: What do YOU want to see in the Amaranth Chronicle?   What do YOU want to see in the Amaranth Chronicle? I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 04, 2009 2:58 am

Nemonomicon wrote:
a high variety of challenges. social encounters, if not directly combat but atleast the potential of combat situations. challenges whis our mental and physical skills gets tested.

Well... I'd say you can get an even blend of all above.

Quote :
atleast one event per session that lets each player have a time to shine. and, the oppurtunity to let the players feel that they are in control and makes the calls(no sheparding).

Yes, usually it's rare that one character gets left doing nothing extraordinary. A player gotta grab the chance though, if you don't.. Well, then you'll miss your shot in the spotlight. Also, it depends what you mean by "shine". Usually you shine in the negative aspects in this game, but by all means, I'm not saying you'll never get a paragon-like shine now and then, again depending on the player, if he goes for it, when the chance is there.

I never Shepard, I don't, seriously. What I do is, if the players strain of the path (read: Story) I create scenarios to get them back on track. Even if it takes a whole session or two. My games are open, you are free to do as you please. That's usually why the whole planing takes time for me, I create NPC's and places that would seem real, and if you go there, you meet them, not someone created out of the top of my head. The game gets more depth that way. And I would not have it any other way. Basically there is no sherparding because there is nothing to shepard. If you want to lay a siege on the city, you do that. If you don't want to get involved with the politics, you don't. There is enough to do either way.

Quote :
Drama,conspiracies,mystery,politics and all that jazz.

Always!

Quote :
Maybe if possible, weave in each characters personal goal, so the characters feel that what they do benefit themself and not only(if at all) other people.

Indeed, this is something I strive to fulfill, however it is mostly up to the player. He gotta seize the moment, or else he won't accomplish jack shit. Also, the player has to let me know what his goals are in advance Wink

Quote :
(NO werewolfes) Evil or Very Mad

haha. nope. Not gonna happen.

Last edited by Boehlke on Sun Oct 04, 2009 3:12 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Boehlke
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Boehlke

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: What do YOU want to see in the Amaranth Chronicle?   What do YOU want to see in the Amaranth Chronicle? I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 04, 2009 3:08 am

But apart from that. Is there something specific you'd like to see?
Back to top Go down
Nemonomicon
Anchillae
Anchillae
Nemonomicon

Awesomeness : 9

Character sheet
Name: Nemo
Clan: Ventrue/Malkavian
Covenant: The Invictus

PostSubject: Re: What do YOU want to see in the Amaranth Chronicle?   What do YOU want to see in the Amaranth Chronicle? I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 04, 2009 4:16 am

some major covenant politics actually. that includes not only the 3 covenants put also the unaligned or other riff raff in the area. Other then that I cant really say. Since I know to little at the moment about your world so far. one thing I really want though, that stereotype npc's are few and original npc's with their own desires and agenda. npc's that is not measured in powerlevel and hierarki only.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What do YOU want to see in the Amaranth Chronicle?   What do YOU want to see in the Amaranth Chronicle? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What do YOU want to see in the Amaranth Chronicle?
Page 1 of 1