Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

To those i knew, lived, died, fought and killed alongside! This is for you!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterGalleryLog in

Chronicle of Amaranth Actual Play - IC

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Boehlke
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Boehlke

Awesomeness : 43

Character sheet
Name: Nickolas
Clan: Gangrel
Covenant: Unbound

Chronicle of Amaranth Actual Play - IC Empty
PostSubject: Chronicle of Amaranth Actual Play - IC   Chronicle of Amaranth Actual Play - IC I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 05, 2009 7:52 pm

If you are interested in reading the story, go here. The story is written like a one post novel, so that you don't have to skip pages, read OOC stuff and the like. https://radioactive.forumotion.com/fiction-of-da-plaza-f13/amaranth-t87.htm#1300

Joseph sent you on a mission to overlook a coterie for one of his contacts. You where to meet a coterie Led by one Evan Langreen. They are exploring a Wyrms Nest in Freson a secular town to LA.
Your objectives are to accompany them and make sure no one interfere with their research. As well as keeping them safe if aggressive negotiation would be necessary. Time goes slow in the little city. Nothing seems to happen at all, except for Marcus always pissing of Evan. There has been a few times you had to step in and defuse the situation. Apart from that, the nights go by while you patrol the site of research and the lay line going across Victor Ville and Apple Valley. So far there has been no new discovery, the hopes of learning a new coil, or maybe even discovering a entire new one ebbs each night. And your task is soon complete, two more weeks, and you are on your leave, if you wish.

The Coterie of researchers

- Evan Langreen. A Older man, almost bald,with a very profesory look. He’s the one in charge of the coterie. He’s pretty old school. He demands respect both for his age as mortal, and his age as Kindred. And last but not least he demands respect for his endeavors within the order. He can at times be too demanding, but that is his professional way of doing things, because he does indeed know how to get things done. Even though he doesn’t need to get his hands dirty, he doesn’t mind. This makes him much more likable than the usual elder sort. When he’s not working, he is a relaxed individual with a surprising humorous tone, and rather easy going.

- Charlene Compton. A fledgling kindred devoted to the research of Wyrms nests, and Dragon nests. She is very silent, and rarely says anything unless anything is worth saying. She is oddly enough the Childe of Evan. More than anything she seems to be thoroughly brainwashed by Evan, or maybe she has a weak will and therefore does whatever her master tells her to.

- Marcus Anders. Marcus, being the least devoted of this quartette. He’s a word spewing machine of nonsense. He often finds himself doing all the boring work, and he’s good at complaining over it. He’s restless, reckless and at times clumsy. He’s often at Evan’s throat trying to piss the old man off. This far he has not succeeded. When the quartette heads back home, he will probably be scolded severely, and as Evan often throw back in his face “ Mark my words, when we get back. You will leave by your own free will” There will be no good recommendations for Marcus that is for sure.

- Edward McGinley. He’s a working horse from WW2, with good morals and temper, and a National pride unmatched. He seems to keep mostly to himself. He’s the kind of guy who does what he came for, then leaves. He’s a mix between Marcus and Charlene personality vise. If things are not right, he addresses the problems (If it is worth it). He might engage in casual conversation, but that’s mostly it. He tolerates Evan, because he see him as a superior. He works extremely well with Charlene, maybe because she’s also a no bullshit type of person. He loathes Marcus.

Your Place.

You’ve been given a small flat in a 4 stories compartment building. The apartment is a Kitchen, living room, and a bedroom. completely furnished safe house, used by the traveling for short or prolonged stay. Windows has a neat device to blocking the sun with the push of button. Everything taken care of by the contractors. The building is located downtown, Fresno.

Last edited by Boehlke on Wed Feb 03, 2010 5:13 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
https://radioactive.forumotion.com
Beast King
Elder
Elder
Beast King

Awesomeness : 9

Character sheet
Name: Charles the Ripper
Covenant: Ordo Dracul

PostSubject: Re: Chronicle of Amaranth Actual Play - IC   Chronicle of Amaranth Actual Play - IC I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 05, 2009 8:20 pm

okay. I imagine I am there to protect the others? Being an assassin and all.
As such, I am probably always using the astral sight of auspex and having the hightened senses on always.
Is there anything particular I am told to look out for?
Back to top Go down
Boehlke
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Boehlke

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Chronicle of Amaranth Actual Play - IC   Chronicle of Amaranth Actual Play - IC I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 05, 2009 8:22 pm

There is spirits bound to such places. And there is also rumored that werewolves takes interest in places such as this too. However there has been nothing of interest going on beyond the bickering of Marcus and Evan Smile

Any other questions before we start?

Also, open a new window where you can keep an eye on the chat will you? Much easier to ask questions and other Out Of Character things on there.
Back to top Go down
Beast King
Elder
Elder
Beast King

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Chronicle of Amaranth Actual Play - IC   Chronicle of Amaranth Actual Play - IC I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 05, 2009 8:38 pm

No, no other questions. wait, I am the only 'security guard'?
Back to top Go down
Boehlke
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Boehlke

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Chronicle of Amaranth Actual Play - IC   Chronicle of Amaranth Actual Play - IC I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 05, 2009 8:40 pm

Yes you are. This particular job is seen as a low security job, not much is expected to happen.

Ok, let's start:

You start to feel stalked. Things where you live do not seem like they should. Some things, things you can’t really put your finger on seems off. Sometimes things you left on a table disappeared. When you are out, doing your tasks or prowling clubs or whatnot, you see shadows in the corner of your eye, or a back hasting around the corner, out of sight. Is someone keeping an eye on you? If so, what do they want? If they wanted you harm, they would have had several occasions to do just that by now..

After a long night you get finally get home, barely making it to the door before the sun reaches the horizon. Well inside, what do you do?
Back to top Go down
Beast King
Elder
Elder
Beast King

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Chronicle of Amaranth Actual Play - IC   Chronicle of Amaranth Actual Play - IC I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 05, 2009 8:48 pm

First I check to see if I find something out of place. Then, I ask the rat I had watching over the place if someone was there.
Back to top Go down
Boehlke
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Boehlke

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Chronicle of Amaranth Actual Play - IC   Chronicle of Amaranth Actual Play - IC I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 05, 2009 8:50 pm

The rat replies in the only ratish way it can, and you get the impression that everything is in order. Everything seem to be as you left them.
Back to top Go down
Beast King
Elder
Elder
Beast King

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Chronicle of Amaranth Actual Play - IC   Chronicle of Amaranth Actual Play - IC I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 05, 2009 8:54 pm

the sun is coming up right? Well, after finding nothing out of place, I go to bed, making sure the blinds are up.
Back to top Go down
Boehlke
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Boehlke

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Chronicle of Amaranth Actual Play - IC   Chronicle of Amaranth Actual Play - IC I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 05, 2009 8:56 pm

You die for the day, the dead slumber is soothing. But suddenly you are taken aback by the intense fear of the sun! Are you dreaming? You force your eyes open. You see light through the fog of your eyes. The windows are sealed, the door is shut. No, no sunlight. You turn your head, and want to let out a sigh of relief, but there are no sigh, no sound, no breath. Then you see her, how come you did not see her before? Right by your bed.

What the?! It’s Wildfire… Is it not? There is a glow, her skin, she looks alive, she is not as pale as you remember her. She is breathing, there is SUN out. She’s looking down on you, you look straight into her big green eyes. It’s like she stares right into your soul, she makes a face, small wrinkles appear on her cute little nose, she tilts her head and just watches you. You feel her warm hand touching your arm.

What do you do?
Back to top Go down
Beast King
Elder
Elder
Beast King

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Chronicle of Amaranth Actual Play - IC   Chronicle of Amaranth Actual Play - IC I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 05, 2009 8:59 pm

is my danger sense tingling?
Back to top Go down
Boehlke
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Boehlke

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Chronicle of Amaranth Actual Play - IC   Chronicle of Amaranth Actual Play - IC I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 05, 2009 9:01 pm

No, no danger seems imminent. Although you where awakened by a flash of light, so she must have gotten inside through the doors. Perhaps that's where the light came from? Since there is no light in the room where you two are now, danger bells are not ringing. They rang like hell to wake you up during the day though.
Back to top Go down
Beast King
Elder
Elder
Beast King

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Chronicle of Amaranth Actual Play - IC   Chronicle of Amaranth Actual Play - IC I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 05, 2009 9:05 pm

I ask why she is here, during the day.
*edit: oh, and I gently grasp her hand. Oh, the cheesy ness
Back to top Go down
Boehlke
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Boehlke

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Chronicle of Amaranth Actual Play - IC   Chronicle of Amaranth Actual Play - IC I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 05, 2009 9:09 pm

She answers in a low voice, as if there was someone else around to hear her.

"I need your help, hurry to 'Green Station 32'" She then shiver, retracts her warm hand who rested on your arm, she turns around towards the door, and say in a mellow voice "Hide"

Now, your danger sense are dangling like crazy!
Back to top Go down
Beast King
Elder
Elder
Beast King

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Chronicle of Amaranth Actual Play - IC   Chronicle of Amaranth Actual Play - IC I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 05, 2009 9:36 pm

okay, well I know to follow her advice, so I activate haven of soil and merge with the bed.
Back to top Go down
Boehlke
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Boehlke

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Chronicle of Amaranth Actual Play - IC   Chronicle of Amaranth Actual Play - IC I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 05, 2009 9:40 pm

She smiles at you while you merge. She then opens the door. Searing rays of light burst through the door, almost blinding what visage you might have. She disappears into the sun, into the day.
Back to top Go down
Beast King
Elder
Elder
Beast King

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Chronicle of Amaranth Actual Play - IC   Chronicle of Amaranth Actual Play - IC I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 05, 2009 9:42 pm

I follow, flowing through the eh, soil, trying to keep up.
Oh, and can I make an wits+empathy to see what emotions she was feeling?
Back to top Go down
Boehlke
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Boehlke

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Chronicle of Amaranth Actual Play - IC   Chronicle of Amaranth Actual Play - IC I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 05, 2009 9:46 pm

I'll have to restrict That, you merged with the bed. The bed is not the same fabric as the floor, the floor is not same same fabric as the grounding of the house, and yet again the soil is different. The bed is in contact with the floor, yes, and so on, but it is not THEE floor. Like, you can't jump from one possessed guy with dominate to another.
Back to top Go down
Beast King
Elder
Elder
Beast King

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Chronicle of Amaranth Actual Play - IC   Chronicle of Amaranth Actual Play - IC I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 05, 2009 9:48 pm

okay okay. So, the empathy roll? I got three successes. Yes, i roll real dice.
Back to top Go down
Boehlke
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Boehlke

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Chronicle of Amaranth Actual Play - IC   Chronicle of Amaranth Actual Play - IC I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 05, 2009 9:49 pm

yes. You get a feeling of dread, of utter failure, and yet there is a tiny tint hope...
Back to top Go down
Beast King
Elder
Elder
Beast King

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Chronicle of Amaranth Actual Play - IC   Chronicle of Amaranth Actual Play - IC I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 05, 2009 9:50 pm

okay. Right, well, what happens next? Was my danger sense tingling because she was opening the door?
Back to top Go down
Boehlke
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Boehlke

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Chronicle of Amaranth Actual Play - IC   Chronicle of Amaranth Actual Play - IC I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 05, 2009 9:51 pm

That is correct. She is now out of your vicinity, and out of your haven.
Back to top Go down
Beast King
Elder
Elder
Beast King

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Chronicle of Amaranth Actual Play - IC   Chronicle of Amaranth Actual Play - IC I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 05, 2009 9:53 pm

okay, I go to sleep, while inside the bed.
Back to top Go down
Boehlke
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Boehlke

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Chronicle of Amaranth Actual Play - IC   Chronicle of Amaranth Actual Play - IC I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 05, 2009 9:53 pm

The night comes, and you feel the urge to wake. What do you do?
Back to top Go down
Beast King
Elder
Elder
Beast King

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Chronicle of Amaranth Actual Play - IC   Chronicle of Amaranth Actual Play - IC I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 05, 2009 9:54 pm

When I wake, do I see anyone in the room with me?
Back to top Go down
Boehlke
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Boehlke

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Chronicle of Amaranth Actual Play - IC   Chronicle of Amaranth Actual Play - IC I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 05, 2009 9:55 pm

You are alone
Back to top Go down
Beast King
Elder
Elder
Beast King

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Chronicle of Amaranth Actual Play - IC   Chronicle of Amaranth Actual Play - IC I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 05, 2009 9:56 pm

okay, I leave the bed, gather whatever gear I have and head to the closest gathering of vamps. A sanctum similar to the one I hunger frencied in last time.
Back to top Go down
Boehlke
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Boehlke

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Chronicle of Amaranth Actual Play - IC   Chronicle of Amaranth Actual Play - IC I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 05, 2009 10:00 pm

The place you use to meet Evan and the gang is a 15 minutes walk from where you are staying. That's the closest thing to a elysium in Fresno. It's a Irish pub, which probably suits Evan fine. The pub is a couple of avenues from Fresno Train Station, also known as 'Green Station'
Back to top Go down
Beast King
Elder
Elder
Beast King

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Chronicle of Amaranth Actual Play - IC   Chronicle of Amaranth Actual Play - IC I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 05, 2009 10:01 pm

I head over there. Is it a sanctum where disciplines don't work?
Back to top Go down
Boehlke
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Boehlke

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Chronicle of Amaranth Actual Play - IC   Chronicle of Amaranth Actual Play - IC I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 05, 2009 10:04 pm

No, no such thing. There is a communal agreement, if you want to call it that. That no masquerade endangering activities are to be conducted there. There's not many vampires in Fresno and the area around.

The night is dark, wet and windy. There must have been quite the rain storm earlier. People is hasting back and forth, to and from cabs and stores, as if they expect the rain to continue any second. There, on your left hand side, you see nr 16, then there’s only a few avenues down the road. After a while you pass the train station, and a little further on your left hand side there is a old brick building with huge letters painted on the wall “Green Station 32”. On the left hand side is the Irish Bar.
Back to top Go down
Beast King
Elder
Elder
Beast King

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Chronicle of Amaranth Actual Play - IC   Chronicle of Amaranth Actual Play - IC I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 05, 2009 10:05 pm

Auspexs see anything? If not, then I enter uncloaked. If I see anything besides humans, I enter obfuscated.
Back to top Go down
Boehlke
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Boehlke

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Chronicle of Amaranth Actual Play - IC   Chronicle of Amaranth Actual Play - IC I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 05, 2009 10:07 pm

Auspex detects nothing, nothing unusual at least.

As you go past the huge brick building towards the Pub, you notice what seems like a industrial metal door, with the numbers “32” on...
Back to top Go down
Beast King
Elder
Elder
Beast King

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Chronicle of Amaranth Actual Play - IC   Chronicle of Amaranth Actual Play - IC I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 05, 2009 10:09 pm

I stop and look at the building. I scan the suroundings. Do I see anything noteworthy?
Back to top Go down
Boehlke
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Boehlke

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Chronicle of Amaranth Actual Play - IC   Chronicle of Amaranth Actual Play - IC I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 05, 2009 10:12 pm

The building looks old an rundown, unlike the other buildings around. You stand beside an dead end Alley way by the side of the building and the door. There' s not as many people around here. It seems like it's gonna start raining again. The door looks beat down, but intact, with a rusty handle and a rusty doorlock.
Back to top Go down
Beast King
Elder
Elder
Beast King

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Chronicle of Amaranth Actual Play - IC   Chronicle of Amaranth Actual Play - IC I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 05, 2009 10:13 pm

I check if it's open. Is it open, I walk inside, cloaked. If its not, I pick the lock, cloaked.
Back to top Go down
Boehlke
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Boehlke

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Chronicle of Amaranth Actual Play - IC   Chronicle of Amaranth Actual Play - IC I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 05, 2009 10:14 pm

As you try the handle, the door opens, the door has been left unlocked. Once inside, you are standing at the top of a small stair about 2 meters long, leading down to a corridor. Your senses tell you it’s dark, but that poses no threat to you. It’s humid and silent, the air reeks of humidity and old unvented air. What do you do?
Back to top Go down
Beast King
Elder
Elder
Beast King

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Chronicle of Amaranth Actual Play - IC   Chronicle of Amaranth Actual Play - IC I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 05, 2009 10:16 pm

When am I supposed to meet the others?
Back to top Go down
Boehlke
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Boehlke

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Chronicle of Amaranth Actual Play - IC   Chronicle of Amaranth Actual Play - IC I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 05, 2009 10:17 pm

I suppose you wear a watch. It says 23:04. You are to meet them at the Bar 00:00
Back to top Go down
Beast King
Elder
Elder
Beast King

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Chronicle of Amaranth Actual Play - IC   Chronicle of Amaranth Actual Play - IC I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 05, 2009 10:18 pm

I go down the stairs. No wait, do I have a phone? If so, where is the closest payphone?
Back to top Go down
Boehlke
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Boehlke

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Chronicle of Amaranth Actual Play - IC   Chronicle of Amaranth Actual Play - IC I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 05, 2009 10:19 pm

You do have a cell? Are you planning to call as you walk, or how is this gonna work?
Back to top Go down
Beast King
Elder
Elder
Beast King

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Chronicle of Amaranth Actual Play - IC   Chronicle of Amaranth Actual Play - IC I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 05, 2009 10:20 pm

I step outside and call Wildfire.
Back to top Go down
Boehlke
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Boehlke

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Chronicle of Amaranth Actual Play - IC   Chronicle of Amaranth Actual Play - IC I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 05, 2009 10:22 pm

You hear very vague ringing from withing the building. It suddenly stops, and you get the *beeps* you get when someone hangs up.
Back to top Go down
Beast King
Elder
Elder
Beast King

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Chronicle of Amaranth Actual Play - IC   Chronicle of Amaranth Actual Play - IC I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 05, 2009 10:23 pm

I rush inside, heading towards where I heard the ringing. Foregone stealth for speed here. I even use my celerity.
Back to top Go down
Boehlke
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Boehlke

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Chronicle of Amaranth Actual Play - IC   Chronicle of Amaranth Actual Play - IC I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 05, 2009 10:24 pm

As you rush down the corridor, a little further down, you hear sounds. The corridor continues further inwards, to you right there is a door who’s barely open, letting out some light. What do you do?
Back to top Go down
Beast King
Elder
Elder
Beast King

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Chronicle of Amaranth Actual Play - IC   Chronicle of Amaranth Actual Play - IC I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 05, 2009 10:27 pm

go towards the sounds. and I take out my claws. Damn, i need to feed soon.
Back to top Go down
Boehlke
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Boehlke

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Chronicle of Amaranth Actual Play - IC   Chronicle of Amaranth Actual Play - IC I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 05, 2009 10:27 pm

I take it you enter the room then Smile

You enter the room
The room is mostly empty, dirty and abandoned. A mattrass lies on the floor just past the door, a couple of stools next to a small table where there lies what looks like old stained newspapers or some such. What do you do?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chronicle of Amaranth Actual Play - IC   Chronicle of Amaranth Actual Play - IC I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Chronicle of Amaranth Actual Play - IC
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next