Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

To those i knew, lived, died, fought and killed alongside! This is for you!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterGalleryLog in

The D&D plot converted into WOD. Request by Dragon-man

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Boehlke
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Boehlke

Awesomeness : 43

Character sheet
Name: Nickolas
Clan: Gangrel
Covenant: Unbound

The D&D plot converted into WOD. Request by Dragon-man Empty
PostSubject: The D&D plot converted into WOD. Request by Dragon-man   The D&D plot converted into WOD. Request by Dragon-man I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 23, 2009 4:51 am

Alright, I'll try to convert your main plot idea to a setting more appropriate to WOD, as we talked about earlier this day.. No way, the clock is over midnight, yesterday then Smile
Any how, I'll paste in what your original idea was, and then dissects it, and turn the pieces into a Wrold of Darkness.

Dragon-of-Legends wrote:
Rough idea:
In the land of Lienis, there was a time when all living creatures co-existed in peace and harmony, but this peace was not to last, the first signs of the coming calamity was the weakening life force in plants, animals and aquatic lifeforms, lakes became slowly contaminated, fields withered and slowly everything from humanoid to dragonkin began to fall ill, the very magic essence became steadily weaker and many creatures who thrived upon magic simply died and noone knew the cause behind this increasing madness, this unrest lead to the dreaded Triumverate war, a war stemmed from the three major faction powers in the land blaming each other for the chaos unfolding on the land.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Three major factions are:

The Human Kingdom of Boread
The Elven Senate of Alysmeira
The Orcish War Horde of Grath'ogran

well this is a VERY rough draft of an idea i just got for a good D&D storyline.
i was planning on having the dragons as a "vital" part of the story, i mean when dragons go rogue its usually a bad thing, so perhaps the dragons will offer guidance to the adventurers (i highly doubt the metallic dragons will but hey when its something this big im sure even the black dragons will give some help in one form or another) OR they are the only means to combat this malevolent force spreading, and thats why the mysterious evil has tapped into the magic essence to weaken the only defense the land has, i dunno but its an exciting thought to explore
(note: this is my first time plotting out a D&D storyline)

In the City of [insert name here] there was a time when all covenants co-existed in relative peace and imposed harmony, but the peace was not to last, the signs of the coming calamity was the bickering and backstabbing so familiar to all Kindred, It started small, poisoning the minds of others, lying, deceit. All could feel it. All the covenants knew, the peace they had was fragile. Without no one to blame, to punish for the misdeeds, slowly the covenants became more hostile, more suspicious to one another. The herd started getting sick, making the kindred carriers of disease. The only authority that could force the peace to last one moment longer: The Prince, and the Primogen was weakened, the house of the Prince fell in a City wide war where the major covenants clashed against themselves and the forces of the Prince, blaming each other for the chaos unfolding.

The major Covenants are:

The Invictus
The Carthian Movement
The Lancea Sanctum
The Circle of the Crone

I think the Prince would be a vital part of the story. When the prince is overthrown rending the City Princeless and most of the covenants in open warfare... Well, that is not good for either of the Traditions, nor the kindred nor the Kine of the city. The Prince might be a mentor for them. Giving them a high standing, domains and resources if they help bring the waring factions down, or help create peace, and of course help the prince get the throne back. Or perhaps the players will side with one of the Covenants. The external benefactor here could be a "third party" acting from the shadows. None of the covenants might realize they are being played. Some might think it, but are either too scared or to self absorbed to say it. Perhaps the involvement of VII, and some Morbus poisoning the Kine and Kindred alike.

I wanted to have the Carthian Movement in there also. The movement is what opposes the Invictus, hence creating two sides who is at war naturally. The same goes to The Circle and the Sanctum, in the one hand you got the heretic Circle and, in the other you got the enigmatic Sanctum. Whilst The Circle usually have a tense peace treaty with the Movement at best, they probably would not think twice about going headfirst into open warfare with them. The same could be said for the Sanctum and the Invictus, however time and time again it is shown that in times of great distress the two stick together. Note how I arranged the Covenants above: That I did to show what covenant has the most members and biggest influence. So, this war has three factions. One composed of the Invictus and the Lancea Sanctum. The second The Movement. And Third the Circle of the Crone. In a war one party has to be the strongest. However, defining what is Strong can be hard. Because the Circle has the least members and influence might not necessarily mean they are weak.

So, what do you think?
Back to top Go down
https://radioactive.forumotion.com
Dragon-of-Legends
Neonate
Neonate
Dragon-of-Legends

Awesomeness : 0

Character sheet
Name: Prometheus/Strymer
Clan: Mekhet
Covenant:

PostSubject: Re: The D&D plot converted into WOD. Request by Dragon-man   The D&D plot converted into WOD. Request by Dragon-man I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 23, 2009 5:08 am

this we like to see and THIS id like to PLAY, i nevah imagined my DnD concept could be dissected, lobotomized, discombobulated and reassembled into a Plot worthy of praise, game play and further development =)
Back to top Go down
Boehlke
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Boehlke

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The D&D plot converted into WOD. Request by Dragon-man   The D&D plot converted into WOD. Request by Dragon-man I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 23, 2009 5:20 am

Hahahah. You know how to say things Razz

Yeah, I think it could turn out real neat. There's lot of potential. Although It turned different than I though. The whole thing would be pretty darn dark and gritty, just in line with the WOD spirit Smile
Back to top Go down
Beast King
Elder
Elder
Beast King

Awesomeness : 9

Character sheet
Name: Charles the Ripper
Covenant: Ordo Dracul

PostSubject: Re: The D&D plot converted into WOD. Request by Dragon-man   The D&D plot converted into WOD. Request by Dragon-man I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 23, 2009 1:59 pm

where does ordo dracul go in all of this? isn't that a covenant as well?
Back to top Go down
Boehlke
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Boehlke

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The D&D plot converted into WOD. Request by Dragon-man   The D&D plot converted into WOD. Request by Dragon-man I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 23, 2009 3:58 pm

Aye. They are a covenant alright. But I don't see them fit into the whole thing. They might have a presence in the city, but not big enough to notice.
Back to top Go down
Dragon-of-Legends
Neonate
Neonate
Dragon-of-Legends

Character sheet
Covenant:

PostSubject: Re: The D&D plot converted into WOD. Request by Dragon-man   The D&D plot converted into WOD. Request by Dragon-man I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 24, 2009 1:36 am

Boehlke wrote:
Aye. They are a covenant alright. But I don't see them fit into the whole thing. They might have a presence in the city, but not big enough to notice.
juuuuuust maybe THEY are the shadow malefactors? its a fancy tingle of the subject
Back to top Go down
Boehlke
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Boehlke

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The D&D plot converted into WOD. Request by Dragon-man   The D&D plot converted into WOD. Request by Dragon-man I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 24, 2009 1:38 am

Naw... They don't fit the profile of poisoning both kine and kindred for untold reasons. They're mostly about transcendence and repenting sins. So that would not be plausible. They might side with the Circle though, If their presence is big enough. Or any other covenant for that matter.
Back to top Go down
Beast King
Elder
Elder
Beast King

Awesomeness : 9

Character sheet
Name: Charles the Ripper
Covenant: Ordo Dracul

PostSubject: Re: The D&D plot converted into WOD. Request by Dragon-man   The D&D plot converted into WOD. Request by Dragon-man I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 24, 2009 9:19 am

yeah, when I think about it I don't see ordo dracul as a very political covenant. They want to transcend the curse and thats it really. But what do the other covenants want? What is their goal, their thing?
Back to top Go down
Boehlke
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Boehlke

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The D&D plot converted into WOD. Request by Dragon-man   The D&D plot converted into WOD. Request by Dragon-man I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 24, 2009 12:27 pm

The Covenants wants man things. The Spear is like the church, and the church wants every human in the galaxy to believe in their one true good. Either by force, or by persuasion, it matters not. And they probably wants nothing else than to see the heretic Circle wiped out from the face of the earth. They also want riches of all kinds, just like the church, fucking hypocrites.

The Invictus, the counterpart of the Carthian Movement feels that power should be earned, not given lightly. Just watch what happened to the fucking humans. Anyone remember Hitler? Yeah... That's election of you. Pfff, grow up, and you can come back and talk to me. No, withing the Invictus you gotta earn power and respect. Through their strict etiquette and honorary systems they are very civil and democratic. Yeah, I know, democratic don't fit' em does it? Well, let's say, when you get enough power, be it personal, resources, allies and assets, you'd most likely be elected into the Inner Circle. The Inner Circle of the Invictus functions much like the Ruler Boards of any big company. The ones in there are there because of their high standing, therefore they have earned the right to have a say. SO, to the point... The Invictus wants nothing else than abslolute power, and well... Who does not, really?

The Circle could be viewed like the Spear, however their stereotype is not as rigid as the spear, their way of doing things, religious ways and everything between can be different from region to region. In one City they might be Buddhists, in another they might believe in the Norse gods, or even worship Satan. So, the Circle is a hard nut, stereotypically.

The Carthians... Well, take all I said about the Invictus, and think of a group that hate what they do and stand for and oppose it like good vs evil. They are the sociopaths, the democrats, the rebels, viva la revolution!!!
Back to top Go down
Dragon-of-Legends
Neonate
Neonate
Dragon-of-Legends

Character sheet
Covenant:

PostSubject: Re: The D&D plot converted into WOD. Request by Dragon-man   The D&D plot converted into WOD. Request by Dragon-man I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 24, 2009 2:18 pm

interesting description man
Back to top Go down
Boehlke
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Boehlke

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The D&D plot converted into WOD. Request by Dragon-man   The D&D plot converted into WOD. Request by Dragon-man I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 25, 2009 2:51 am

Anyway, my point with the above ranting about the covenants was that the one thing all the covenants wants most is power, in one way or another. That's why Kindred peace is close to impossible, at least peace spanning centuries.
Back to top Go down
Dragon-of-Legends
Neonate
Neonate
Dragon-of-Legends

Character sheet
Covenant:

PostSubject: Re: The D&D plot converted into WOD. Request by Dragon-man   The D&D plot converted into WOD. Request by Dragon-man I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 25, 2009 6:38 pm

one could mildly put it that way =)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The D&D plot converted into WOD. Request by Dragon-man   The D&D plot converted into WOD. Request by Dragon-man I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The D&D plot converted into WOD. Request by Dragon-man
Page 1 of 1