Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

To those i knew, lived, died, fought and killed alongside! This is for you!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterGalleryLog in

Chronicle of Amaranth Actual Play - IC

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Boehlke
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Boehlke

Awesomeness : 43

Character sheet
Name: Nickolas
Clan: Gangrel
Covenant: Unbound

Chronicle of Amaranth Actual Play - IC - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Chronicle of Amaranth Actual Play - IC   Chronicle of Amaranth Actual Play - IC - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 05, 2009 7:52 pm

First topic message reminder :

If you are interested in reading the story, go here. The story is written like a one post novel, so that you don't have to skip pages, read OOC stuff and the like. https://radioactive.forumotion.com/fiction-of-da-plaza-f13/amaranth-t87.htm#1300

Joseph sent you on a mission to overlook a coterie for one of his contacts. You where to meet a coterie Led by one Evan Langreen. They are exploring a Wyrms Nest in Freson a secular town to LA.
Your objectives are to accompany them and make sure no one interfere with their research. As well as keeping them safe if aggressive negotiation would be necessary. Time goes slow in the little city. Nothing seems to happen at all, except for Marcus always pissing of Evan. There has been a few times you had to step in and defuse the situation. Apart from that, the nights go by while you patrol the site of research and the lay line going across Victor Ville and Apple Valley. So far there has been no new discovery, the hopes of learning a new coil, or maybe even discovering a entire new one ebbs each night. And your task is soon complete, two more weeks, and you are on your leave, if you wish.

The Coterie of researchers

- Evan Langreen. A Older man, almost bald,with a very profesory look. He’s the one in charge of the coterie. He’s pretty old school. He demands respect both for his age as mortal, and his age as Kindred. And last but not least he demands respect for his endeavors within the order. He can at times be too demanding, but that is his professional way of doing things, because he does indeed know how to get things done. Even though he doesn’t need to get his hands dirty, he doesn’t mind. This makes him much more likable than the usual elder sort. When he’s not working, he is a relaxed individual with a surprising humorous tone, and rather easy going.

- Charlene Compton. A fledgling kindred devoted to the research of Wyrms nests, and Dragon nests. She is very silent, and rarely says anything unless anything is worth saying. She is oddly enough the Childe of Evan. More than anything she seems to be thoroughly brainwashed by Evan, or maybe she has a weak will and therefore does whatever her master tells her to.

- Marcus Anders. Marcus, being the least devoted of this quartette. He’s a word spewing machine of nonsense. He often finds himself doing all the boring work, and he’s good at complaining over it. He’s restless, reckless and at times clumsy. He’s often at Evan’s throat trying to piss the old man off. This far he has not succeeded. When the quartette heads back home, he will probably be scolded severely, and as Evan often throw back in his face “ Mark my words, when we get back. You will leave by your own free will” There will be no good recommendations for Marcus that is for sure.

- Edward McGinley. He’s a working horse from WW2, with good morals and temper, and a National pride unmatched. He seems to keep mostly to himself. He’s the kind of guy who does what he came for, then leaves. He’s a mix between Marcus and Charlene personality vise. If things are not right, he addresses the problems (If it is worth it). He might engage in casual conversation, but that’s mostly it. He tolerates Evan, because he see him as a superior. He works extremely well with Charlene, maybe because she’s also a no bullshit type of person. He loathes Marcus.

Your Place.

You’ve been given a small flat in a 4 stories compartment building. The apartment is a Kitchen, living room, and a bedroom. completely furnished safe house, used by the traveling for short or prolonged stay. Windows has a neat device to blocking the sun with the push of button. Everything taken care of by the contractors. The building is located downtown, Fresno.

Last edited by Boehlke on Wed Feb 03, 2010 5:13 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
https://radioactive.forumotion.com

AuthorMessage
Beast King
Elder
Elder
Beast King

Awesomeness : 9

Character sheet
Name: Charles the Ripper
Covenant: Ordo Dracul

PostSubject: Re: Chronicle of Amaranth Actual Play - IC   Chronicle of Amaranth Actual Play - IC - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 05, 2009 10:28 pm

auspex see anything?
Back to top Go down
Boehlke
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Boehlke

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Chronicle of Amaranth Actual Play - IC   Chronicle of Amaranth Actual Play - IC - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 05, 2009 10:31 pm

As you turn around to look over the room, you see a presence, in matters of seconds it materializes and
The girl, Widfire, suddenly appears out of the blue right in front of you, you hear commotion further down the corridor. The redheaded girl looks afraid, not “Oh no” afraid, but real, scared to her very core afraid. She lets out a sob, with tears, and say with a shivering voice “They’re killing her! Help her! Please.. *sob* Help me..” She keeps on crying, not acting as the Wildfire you know. Then before you get to react or reply, she grabs her chest with a painful expression in her face. She looks at you with desperate and teary eyes. Then you hear a wet “thud” in the room further down the corridor. And the Girl is gone. You hear hasty steps racing past the room you are in.

What do you do?
Back to top Go down
Beast King
Elder
Elder
Beast King

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Chronicle of Amaranth Actual Play - IC   Chronicle of Amaranth Actual Play - IC - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 05, 2009 10:34 pm

I rush out the door. Just to recap, how many doors are there in the corridor outside?
Back to top Go down
Boehlke
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Boehlke

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Chronicle of Amaranth Actual Play - IC   Chronicle of Amaranth Actual Play - IC - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 05, 2009 10:35 pm

There is a room - a door next to the room you are in. There is some doors with padlocks on at the from, at the entrance. The sounds most likely came from the room next to the one you are in.
Back to top Go down
Beast King
Elder
Elder
Beast King

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Chronicle of Amaranth Actual Play - IC   Chronicle of Amaranth Actual Play - IC - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 05, 2009 10:36 pm

what did I see when I came out the door?
Back to top Go down
Boehlke
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Boehlke

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Chronicle of Amaranth Actual Play - IC   Chronicle of Amaranth Actual Play - IC - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 05, 2009 10:39 pm

You don't see anything when you step out of the door,. Nothing different from when you entered. You hear nothing. You look up at the entrance door, it looks like it is closing slowly, the door starts to scream this intense metalic scream that old doors who've had way too bad maintenance get.
Back to top Go down
Beast King
Elder
Elder
Beast King

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Chronicle of Amaranth Actual Play - IC   Chronicle of Amaranth Actual Play - IC - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 05, 2009 10:48 pm

I check the nearby rooms
Back to top Go down
Boehlke
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Boehlke

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Chronicle of Amaranth Actual Play - IC   Chronicle of Amaranth Actual Play - IC - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 05, 2009 10:48 pm

The room next to the one you where in first?
Back to top Go down
Beast King
Elder
Elder
Beast King

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Chronicle of Amaranth Actual Play - IC   Chronicle of Amaranth Actual Play - IC - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 05, 2009 10:49 pm

there room I heard the sound from, when wildfire appeared.
Back to top Go down
Boehlke
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Boehlke

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Chronicle of Amaranth Actual Play - IC   Chronicle of Amaranth Actual Play - IC - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 05, 2009 10:53 pm

Right.

You sneak towards the next room. The door is open. as you peak inside you see two arms, tied together lying there. You have to move further into the room to see who is lying there.
Back to top Go down
Beast King
Elder
Elder
Beast King

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Chronicle of Amaranth Actual Play - IC   Chronicle of Amaranth Actual Play - IC - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 05, 2009 10:56 pm

I go in, still cloaked. I roll stealth, and I get two
Back to top Go down
Boehlke
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Boehlke

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Chronicle of Amaranth Actual Play - IC   Chronicle of Amaranth Actual Play - IC - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 05, 2009 11:00 pm

As you enter the room secretly, you don't see anyone else. The room is bigger than the previous rooom, theres some shelves with old document boxes, looks to be a record room of some kind. You sneak further into the room. In the middle of the room lies the girl, looks awfully lot like Wildfire, but you can't say for sure from this angle. Her cloth is stained with blood. There's pools of blood all around her.

what do you do?

Last edited by Boehlke on Sun Sep 06, 2009 11:13 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Beast King
Elder
Elder
Beast King

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Chronicle of Amaranth Actual Play - IC   Chronicle of Amaranth Actual Play - IC - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 05, 2009 11:01 pm

I aproach her catiusly.
Back to top Go down
Boehlke
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Boehlke

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Chronicle of Amaranth Actual Play - IC   Chronicle of Amaranth Actual Play - IC - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 05, 2009 11:04 pm

As you approach, centimeter by centimeter, you find that both her arms and legs has been tied up. Her wrists is cut open, deep long cuts. And with all the blood around you can easily guess what made the wet "thud" sound earlier. She lies halfway on her belly facing away form you.
Back to top Go down
Beast King
Elder
Elder
Beast King

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Chronicle of Amaranth Actual Play - IC   Chronicle of Amaranth Actual Play - IC - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 05, 2009 11:05 pm

aura?
Back to top Go down
Boehlke
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Boehlke

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Chronicle of Amaranth Actual Play - IC   Chronicle of Amaranth Actual Play - IC - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 05, 2009 11:07 pm

There's next to no aura, it's weak, too weak, not like the usual paleness in a Kindreds aura. You've seen this before, on your coterie mates back in the days in LA. It's the aura of a dead person, a dead person not walking that is. She's slipped away... Could it be torpor? Or is she on the verge of final death?
Back to top Go down
Beast King
Elder
Elder
Beast King

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Chronicle of Amaranth Actual Play - IC   Chronicle of Amaranth Actual Play - IC - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 05, 2009 11:09 pm

I roll my awesome medicine and use a willpower. I want to find out what's wrong with her and begin helping her.
I get an exceptional success, 3 8s, one 9 and one 10.
Back to top Go down
Boehlke
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Boehlke

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Chronicle of Amaranth Actual Play - IC   Chronicle of Amaranth Actual Play - IC - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 05, 2009 11:10 pm

Roll 10 again.
Back to top Go down
Beast King
Elder
Elder
Beast King

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Chronicle of Amaranth Actual Play - IC   Chronicle of Amaranth Actual Play - IC - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 05, 2009 11:12 pm

I did. original roll was 2 8s, one 9 and one 10. then I got an 8 on the 10.
Back to top Go down
Boehlke
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Boehlke

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Chronicle of Amaranth Actual Play - IC   Chronicle of Amaranth Actual Play - IC - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 05, 2009 11:18 pm

As you bend down to take a look, you try to turn her over, then you see there's a stake in her chest, right in the heart by the looks of it. And you see her face. It's no question about it, even through her beat up face, you'd still recognize Widfire any day. You firstly start to carefully remove the stake. As you do this, you see a note lie within her bra. You get the stake out without any splinters. By the looks of it, the bleedings have stopped. Probably because of the lack of blood. You understand that she has precious little time left, unless something drastic is done.

Last edited by Boehlke on Sun Sep 06, 2009 11:15 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Beast King
Elder
Elder
Beast King

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Chronicle of Amaranth Actual Play - IC   Chronicle of Amaranth Actual Play - IC - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 05, 2009 11:18 pm

can I give her some of my blood? Or do I have blood back at the sanctum?
Back to top Go down
Boehlke
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Boehlke

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Chronicle of Amaranth Actual Play - IC   Chronicle of Amaranth Actual Play - IC - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 05, 2009 11:19 pm

There's no blood block.
Back to top Go down
Beast King
Elder
Elder
Beast King

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Chronicle of Amaranth Actual Play - IC   Chronicle of Amaranth Actual Play - IC - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 05, 2009 11:35 pm

I fail the roll. No successes
Back to top Go down
Boehlke
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Boehlke

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Chronicle of Amaranth Actual Play - IC   Chronicle of Amaranth Actual Play - IC - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 05, 2009 11:42 pm

You decide it would be vice to give her some of your blood despite the fact that you are binding her to you, this might be seen as a breach of trust. But if it is to save the life of a friend, it must be worth it. Odds are, she won't even know it if you don't tell her.

(For reference, a vinculum works in three stages, First taste, second taste, and third taste. Look it up later))

You slit your wrist, and put your hand to her mouth. You force the blood into her mouth. It slowly seeps inside. After a few moments, you see her pulp and bloody face repairing itself inch by inch, the same with the cuts in her wrist. You have to stop now, you need blood yourself too. You have at least rescued her from final death. Though, the torpor has to go it's course.

You pause, and would probably let out a long sigh of relief, if you had breath, as you sit back. Then you remember the note in her bra...

Last edited by Boehlke on Sun Sep 06, 2009 11:18 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Beast King
Elder
Elder
Beast King

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Chronicle of Amaranth Actual Play - IC   Chronicle of Amaranth Actual Play - IC - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 05, 2009 11:44 pm

what does it say? And no, i don't cop a feel.
Back to top Go down
Boehlke
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Boehlke

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Chronicle of Amaranth Actual Play - IC   Chronicle of Amaranth Actual Play - IC - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 05, 2009 11:46 pm

What?

Let's do the summary of Vinculum at a diffrent time.
Back to top Go down
Beast King
Elder
Elder
Beast King

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Chronicle of Amaranth Actual Play - IC   Chronicle of Amaranth Actual Play - IC - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 05, 2009 11:47 pm

no, the note. What does the note say? I read it of course.
Back to top Go down
Boehlke
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Boehlke

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Chronicle of Amaranth Actual Play - IC   Chronicle of Amaranth Actual Play - IC - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 05, 2009 11:58 pm

The note is stained with blood, but still readable:

“They came after us, they found us. All are dead…
I made it though, I found her. It’s amazing, at first I thought I was loosing my mind. My mirror image, I have none. But suddenly I had, and it fucking talked to me.. It was me, but it hated me. It did not make any sense. I tried to avoid confronting any mirrors, where I might see her. Then one day she came to me, in person! As real as I am. . She knew a lot about me.. Maybe it actually was me? She told me about what would happen, as if she knew anything, hah! However, for some reason she stopped hating me. She seemed sad, she said she did not want to die. She plead me to flee, and that is just what I did, but they came after me, no matter what I did… They always found me. Two days ago I came here, to Fresno. Charles is here, maybe there is still time. I have to warn him, he has to flee, flee far away from me, from us. He must not go back. If anyone reads this, warn him! Before it is too late, they must not get to him too. He know where the others are. I’ll send her, or me… I don’t know. I told her that if she want to live, she had to get him.”

Further down on the note, there’s something scribbled down in haste.

”they are here, they have come, they found me, us… Where is she?! I hope she found Charles, I hope she made him run like a mad man.. No… I hope he’s coming here, to help me. If so, he’ll probably die, as will I. I just don’t want to be alone, we don’t want to be alone anymore.”
Back to top Go down
Beast King
Elder
Elder
Beast King

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Chronicle of Amaranth Actual Play - IC   Chronicle of Amaranth Actual Play - IC - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 06, 2009 12:02 am

I pick up my phone and call Evangeline.
*edit, while cradling Wildfire's body close to me and glancing around.
Back to top Go down
Boehlke
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Boehlke

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Chronicle of Amaranth Actual Play - IC   Chronicle of Amaranth Actual Play - IC - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 06, 2009 12:06 am

It rings a long while, until you reach the voice mail "Hello, this is Evangeline, I'm bussy at the moment, so please leave a message after the beep" "Beep"
Back to top Go down
Beast King
Elder
Elder
Beast King

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Chronicle of Amaranth Actual Play - IC   Chronicle of Amaranth Actual Play - IC - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 06, 2009 12:09 am

I curse and call up Joseph. If he doesn't answer, I call up Stella.
Back to top Go down
Boehlke
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Boehlke

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Chronicle of Amaranth Actual Play - IC   Chronicle of Amaranth Actual Play - IC - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 06, 2009 12:16 am

Upon calling Joseph it says there is no coverage. Stella answers though -
Back to top Go down
Beast King
Elder
Elder
Beast King

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Chronicle of Amaranth Actual Play - IC   Chronicle of Amaranth Actual Play - IC - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 06, 2009 12:17 am

I ask if she is okay, before explaining the situation
Back to top Go down
Boehlke
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Boehlke

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Chronicle of Amaranth Actual Play - IC   Chronicle of Amaranth Actual Play - IC - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 06, 2009 12:18 am

She is all good. She is taken aback by what you tell her. She's a couple of hours away, currently finished a job herself. She says she'll come right over.
Back to top Go down
Beast King
Elder
Elder
Beast King

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Chronicle of Amaranth Actual Play - IC   Chronicle of Amaranth Actual Play - IC - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 06, 2009 12:20 am

I tell her to come to the apartment. Then I call up the four I'm meeting, say something about an emergency and that they will have to cope without me. Then I start making my way back to the apartment, as stealthily and such as possible.
Edit: I use my jacket to cover Wildfire as much as possible, so it looks like I'm simply carrying her home.
Back to top Go down
Boehlke
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Boehlke

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Chronicle of Amaranth Actual Play - IC   Chronicle of Amaranth Actual Play - IC - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 06, 2009 12:22 am

The clock is nearing midnight, it's in the middle of the week, and there's not much people around. You make your way back to the apartment with close to no difficulties.
Back to top Go down
Beast King
Elder
Elder
Beast King

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Chronicle of Amaranth Actual Play - IC   Chronicle of Amaranth Actual Play - IC - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 06, 2009 12:24 am

I wait anxiously for Stella and I feed Wildfire the blood from the blood pack in my fridge. If I have more than one, I take one myself.
Back to top Go down
Boehlke
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Boehlke

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Chronicle of Amaranth Actual Play - IC   Chronicle of Amaranth Actual Play - IC - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 06, 2009 12:25 am

Alright, for now, we'll stop this madness.

The conclusion is that play by post is not recommended what so ever!
Back to top Go down
Beast King
Elder
Elder
Beast King

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Chronicle of Amaranth Actual Play - IC   Chronicle of Amaranth Actual Play - IC - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 06, 2009 12:26 am

Nope, never.again.
Still, a cool intro, despite play by post idiocy.
Back to top Go down
Boehlke
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Boehlke

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Chronicle of Amaranth Actual Play - IC   Chronicle of Amaranth Actual Play - IC - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 06, 2009 12:38 am

GAME END!

Feel free to comment! We'll continue in a different way later. I am now exhausted more than I would ST'ing a 12 hour session. Gee, this is 15 minutes of in life game play. But it took us 3,5 hours.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chronicle of Amaranth Actual Play - IC   Chronicle of Amaranth Actual Play - IC - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Chronicle of Amaranth Actual Play - IC
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2