Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

To those i knew, lived, died, fought and killed alongside! This is for you!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterGalleryLog in

D&D 4.0 Style

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Nemonomicon
Anchillae
Anchillae
Nemonomicon

Awesomeness : 9

Character sheet
Name: Nemo
Clan: Ventrue/Malkavian
Covenant: The Invictus

D&D 4.0 Style Empty
PostSubject: D&D 4.0 Style   D&D 4.0 Style I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 18, 2009 8:12 pm

Since there where no thread dedicated to the 4th edition of the game, i started this one. Here we can discuss the 4ed rules and gameplay.

So how many have played it yet or are interested in trying it? And for what reasons do you want to play it or not?
Back to top Go down
Boehlke
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Boehlke

Awesomeness : 43

Character sheet
Name: Nickolas
Clan: Gangrel
Covenant: Unbound

D&D 4.0 Style Empty
PostSubject: Re: D&D 4.0 Style   D&D 4.0 Style I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 18, 2009 8:49 pm

I have only played v1.0 and.. I think we had half a session with 3.0 or something.. Can't remember long time ago..

What's the difference with the new one?
Back to top Go down
https://radioactive.forumotion.com
Nemonomicon
Anchillae
Anchillae
Nemonomicon

Character sheet

D&D 4.0 Style Empty
PostSubject: Re: D&D 4.0 Style   D&D 4.0 Style I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 18, 2009 8:54 pm

Boehlke wrote:
I have only played v1.0 and.. I think we had half a session with 3.0 or something.. Can't remember long time ago..

What's the difference with the new one?

Alot..Can't really point out the biggest difference.. For me, its still dnd, but just a new approach of the game mechanic. Some of it I love, some of it I like..But I cant really say that I dislike or hate any of the new stuff. It dont have the same level of freedom as 3.5 (Yet that is). Its after my understanding more balanced, so even the classes like bard is usefull when played by a newbie.
Back to top Go down
Beast King
Elder
Elder
Beast King

Character sheet
Name: Charles the Ripper
Covenant: Ordo Dracul

D&D 4.0 Style Empty
PostSubject: Re: D&D 4.0 Style   D&D 4.0 Style I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 18, 2009 9:12 pm

I knew you were going to make a 4.0 section, I just knew it.
Back to top Go down
Boehlke
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Boehlke

Character sheet

D&D 4.0 Style Empty
PostSubject: Re: D&D 4.0 Style   D&D 4.0 Style I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 19, 2009 1:04 am

So, Nemo. Been playing D&D for a long time?
Back to top Go down
Nemonomicon
Anchillae
Anchillae
Nemonomicon

Character sheet

D&D 4.0 Style Empty
PostSubject: Re: D&D 4.0 Style   D&D 4.0 Style I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 19, 2009 1:10 am

Since I was 15-16. About 6 to 7 years now. Still remeber my first character.A Dwarven Barbarian named; Ugrak of the Calcan Clan. A less siviliced community then the more traditional dwarven community, but proud none the less. He was killed by a Ooze..Tried to charge through it..I was so naive :p
Back to top Go down
Boehlke
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Boehlke

Character sheet

D&D 4.0 Style Empty
PostSubject: Re: D&D 4.0 Style   D&D 4.0 Style I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 19, 2009 1:21 am

Hahahaha. Poor Ugrak Neutral

Pretty good. Done many campaigns?

The first encounter of D&D I had was as I have said v1. Some old dusty books I found after my brother. Think i was... maybe 13 at the time... Then I saw well I am not sure of the version, but it was a bit newer. The thing was we actually built our own system out of it, since we did not have different types of dices.. We made it work like a clockwork with only 4 sided dices. I still have all the rules to this day Smile

So, I'm not actually very familiar with all the rules and whatnot, but I am very serious about RP.. And Horror.. So yeah, that's why I landed on WOD. But not to strain off. The first D&D experience was pretty awesome. I played once last year. And I watched the others play a lot more.. hehe. Quite fun to be a spectator to D&D. It's like watching a friggin horror movie. The suspense! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Nemonomicon
Anchillae
Anchillae
Nemonomicon

Character sheet

D&D 4.0 Style Empty
PostSubject: Re: D&D 4.0 Style   D&D 4.0 Style I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 19, 2009 1:33 am

I have played more campaigs then I can remember..and been GM a quite a few times as well.

Before I knew of D&D I made my owns game as well, often inspired by tv shows and consol game. Made pokemon like card game featuring mythical animals and monsters.

RP and horror are both great things, even though I never succsessfully made a good dnd horror campaign (I blame it at my previous players, couldnt expect to much of 14 to 16 year olds Razz )

But yeah, done correctly, DnD horror campaigns can be pretty awesome if done correctly. Game mechanics seems complicated at first, but once one learn the foundation, the rest comes naturally.

What did you play as?
Back to top Go down
Boehlke
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Boehlke

Character sheet

D&D 4.0 Style Empty
PostSubject: Re: D&D 4.0 Style   D&D 4.0 Style I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 19, 2009 1:52 am

Nemonomicon wrote:

Before I knew of D&D I made my owns game as well, often inspired by tv shows and consol game. Made pokemon like card game featuring mythical animals and monsters.

Hehe, pretty cool. Our game where like Tolkien meets Harry Potter, actually made quite a good combo if I remember correctly.

Quote :
RP and horror are both great things, even though I never succsessfully made a good dnd horror campaign (I blame it at my previous players, couldnt expect to much of 14 to 16 year olds Razz )

Hahaha, yeah. I think we fucked up a lot too. We where a rather unstable group too, so there where a lot of infighting We somehow stuck together though... Well, I guess it was mostly me and a friend who mostly did the fighting.. Oh, crap, he was always touching another friend *shiver*. So yeah, the players is darn important. The game could rum by itself if there is a group of good players, no GM needed.

Quote :
But yeah, done correctly, DnD horror campaigns can be pretty awesome if done correctly. Game mechanics seems complicated at first, but once one learn the foundation, the rest comes naturally.

I believe you with that, D&D horror.. heh. All you need is a tad bit serious group to pull it off. Seriousness is needed to create horror after all. I'm not saying it can't be fun... But horror is serious.. Alas, Mars bought some core books many years ago, don't remember the version though, and we tried, we really did. But man, dices. oh.. There's so much rolling. When I discovered the dark side with WOD it was like going to heaven. But it's two different games after all. If I fancy some fantasy P&P I'd go D&D at once.

Quote :
What did you play as?

The first Character was this holy paladin like good like god guy. Named Falkiere (from the Deeds of Paksenarrion)
I played him most of the times I think. There was something about a sorcerer too. And Barely a Rouge. I kind of like pure classes.. It's well.. It's simple and more.. Well.. true to life.. heh. Not Half-giant werepanther monk Wink
Back to top Go down
Nemonomicon
Anchillae
Anchillae
Nemonomicon

Character sheet

D&D 4.0 Style Empty
PostSubject: Re: D&D 4.0 Style   D&D 4.0 Style I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 19, 2009 2:24 am

I think I have killed more paladins then I have played as. If you would be interested, I could GM in a 4ed Game here on the Forum. This will be at a much later date, since the next months gonna be a little hectic. I can promise that RP is not forsaken in my campaigns Wink
Back to top Go down
Boehlke
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Boehlke

Character sheet

D&D 4.0 Style Empty
PostSubject: Re: D&D 4.0 Style   D&D 4.0 Style I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 19, 2009 2:27 am

Sounds cool. Just give me a holler whenever you are staring to get ready and I'll get all the appropriate dice rollers up and going.

It's nice to hear that there are others than me and Beastie here that holds the RP in Role Play xD dear.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

D&D 4.0 Style Empty
PostSubject: Re: D&D 4.0 Style   D&D 4.0 Style I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

D&D 4.0 Style
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Da P&P House :: Da D&D-
Jump to: