Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

To those i knew, lived, died, fought and killed alongside! This is for you!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterGalleryLog in

evil

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Beast King
Elder
Elder
Beast King

Awesomeness : 9

Character sheet
Name: Charles the Ripper
Clan: Gangrel
Covenant: Ordo Dracul

evil Empty
PostSubject: evil   evil I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 21, 2009 6:37 am

Okay, in a evil campaign, I want to play a corrupted half celestial. Now, I only need a class or a concept.Any suggestions? I have one idea and that is to make something like Chrono from Chrono Crusade, only evil and with feathery wings.
Back to top Go down
Nemonomicon
Anchillae
Anchillae
Nemonomicon

Character sheet
Name: Nemo
Clan: Ventrue/Malkavian
Covenant: The Invictus

evil Empty
PostSubject: Re: evil   evil I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 22, 2009 8:59 am

There are multiple ways to get wings, but its actually few ways to get feathery wings. unless you are willing to let my character give it to you. He will most likely be a grafter. If flying is a big thing of your style, I recommend something which focuses on ranged combat. besides casters, a scout might be suitable, think fly by attacks with skirmish. but if you want martial, think something with a reach weapon or spring attack. if you want a play a caster, I can give you one of the casters which I sort of could want to play, its The Spellwarp Sniper, which is a combination between caster and rogue/ninja, which focuses on rays(rays are badass).

More help will be given if you could narrow it more down for me.
Back to top Go down
Beast King
Elder
Elder
Beast King

Character sheet

evil Empty
PostSubject: Re: evil   evil I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 22, 2009 5:58 pm

I actually figured out what I'm going to play myself. Half celestial-human feat ranger assassin mortal hunter. He is going to be NE, pray to the god of death from the PhB, and believe that mortal life isn't worth the dirt you scrape of your boot and that he should end as much mortal life as possible."To liberate them of their pitiful existance!"
He is going to be a social assassin, using poisions rather than sneaking. Lots of bluff and shit.
What I now need is help in maximising his skill potential. Eirik always has characters with 30 ish skills, and I don't know how to do that. Since the assassin is going to be a social guy, he needs lots of skills with high ranks. Problem is how to do that.
Back to top Go down
Nemonomicon
Anchillae
Anchillae
Nemonomicon

Character sheet

evil Empty
PostSubject: Re: evil   evil I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 23, 2009 6:45 am

First Question: How will you make him fly? Out of curiosity.

Second Question: Which of the Gods of death? Wee Jas or Nerull?

First Answer: Skills are all about these 3 things; 1. Ability Score. 2. Classes which grant correct skills and numerous of skill points(and potential a direct bonus themself). 3. Items.

The most important thing about items, is getting items which give the same bonuses to the same skill, but different kind of bonuses, since they dont stack with them self. Racial, competence, circumstance, enchantment are the most commen types, which stacks with each other, but not with themself. only dodge bonuses does so after my memory.

As an assassin, you will get some potent spells which may increase your skills even further. Im guessing improved feint will be a potent feat, even though, sneak attack is not the focus. I also suggest the feat; Ability Focus, to increase the DC of your death attack. Im pretty sure that you are aware of the feat; Mortalbane, since you are playing this character. Lovely thing.

If your a urban kind of ranger, and a animal companion would be to troublesome, I recommend a class Variant which replaces animal companion. Its called solitary hunter, which allowes you to use your favored enemy bonus on attack rolls as well, and not only damage.(this ofcourse stacks with the Mortal huntingbonus Wink ) If you dont want the rangers spellcasting, you can trade it for a +10 on movement in medium armor or lower(this you gain at lvl 6)

And as a extra bonus, you should get the feat(or was it spells, which let you detect living creature within 30 or 60 feet.

I hope I have been of help, and look forward to hear more about this character.
Back to top Go down
Beast King
Elder
Elder
Beast King

Character sheet

evil Empty
PostSubject: Re: evil   evil I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 23, 2009 9:04 am

well, he is a half-celestial that has gone bad, so he gets flying from that. One feat and perfect flying. Why? because I think its cool.As for the god, I don't know yet. Have to read more on them.
I will probably take the solitary hunter option, and I am already taking the ranger variant that gets feats instead of weapon styles. I am unsure how many levels of ranger I will take, I will only take one assassin and the rest will be mortal hunter. I hope to get at least one lvl mortal hunter. I think we begin at lvl 8, so that's what I have to work with.
Back to top Go down
Nemonomicon
Anchillae
Anchillae
Nemonomicon

Character sheet

evil Empty
PostSubject: Re: evil   evil I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 23, 2009 11:41 am

So the starting lvl is 8 then? Or atleast untill further notice.

But the half-Celestial have a lvl adjustment of 4, how are you going to make mortal hunter within lvl 8?
Back to top Go down
Lucky7AX
Kine
Kine
Lucky7AX

Awesomeness : 0

Character sheet
Name:
Clan:
Covenant:

evil Empty
PostSubject: Re: evil   evil I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 23, 2009 3:17 pm

He's probably going to make it because he gets the race as a boon from the DM.
We all get some kind of boon in that campaign. Either you choose something cool, (Note: Not to make the character more powerful, but just so you get a bit more flavour) or you have the DM make something cool for you. Like he did with my Half-Giant that became Half-Construct. (Does that make him a quarter-giant?)

You're anyways going to end up with something cool that fits your character. 

Side-note: Nerull isn't evil anymore. He stopped being evil when we all agreed that normal death is neutral. Wee Jas is pretty evil though.
Back to top Go down
Nemonomicon
Anchillae
Anchillae
Nemonomicon

Character sheet

evil Empty
PostSubject: Re: evil   evil I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 23, 2009 3:23 pm

Quote :
He's probably going to make it because he gets the race as a boon from the DM.
We all get some kind of boon in that campaign. Either you choose something cool, (Note: Not to make the character more powerful, but just so you get a bit more flavour) or you have the DM make something cool for you. Like he did with my Half-Giant that became Half-Construct. (Does that make him a quarter-giant?)

You're anyways going to end up with something cool that fits your character.

Maybe the DM will allow me to re-invent the Graft system.. Have a rough idea for a new system that I think would work better for a player character.

Quote :
Side-note: Nerull isn't evil anymore. He stopped being evil when we all agreed that normal death is neutral. Wee Jas is pretty evil though.

What? man, you got it all wrong. Nerull is the evil one of the two.
Back to top Go down
Lucky7AX
Kine
Kine
Lucky7AX

Character sheet
Name:
Clan:
Covenant:

evil Empty
PostSubject: Re: evil   evil I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 23, 2009 3:37 pm

Nope. Not anymore. The god of death is forever neutral in my, Eirik's and Anders' campaigns.
Since it is described in the DMG that Nerull is the ultimate deity of death and since death is not evil, we made him neutral. And he does not have any affiliation with undead. Why would the god that wants things to die, make such creatures that are in fact mockery of death.

Wee Jas on the other hand is the prominent god of magic and death amongst the evil gods and stay evil because she encourages unnatural death. And she therefore has been set in charge of Undead too together with some other lesser deities. 
Back to top Go down
Beast King
Elder
Elder
Beast King

Character sheet

evil Empty
PostSubject: Re: evil   evil I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 23, 2009 7:35 pm

which places my character in a bit of a conundrom. He is evil, after all he kills people simply for being mortals, but he doesn't like undead. They are after all mortals who didn't have the decency to stay dead.But I think Wee Jas is the more suitable god anyway, since it is an evil campaign...
even though my character's alignment is NE...
Back to top Go down
Lucky7AX
Kine
Kine
Lucky7AX

Character sheet
Name:
Clan:
Covenant:

evil Empty
PostSubject: Re: evil   evil I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 23, 2009 8:42 pm

Well it doesn't matter that much for you character that the god you follow is a step or two away from you on the alignment table. It would have been much worse if you were a cleric or paladin.
And you can always pick up the variant that doesn't get spells or a animal compainion, but gets other more exiting bonuses + bonus feats...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

evil Empty
PostSubject: Re: evil   evil I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

evil
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Da P&P House :: Da D&D-
Jump to: