Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

To those i knew, lived, died, fought and killed alongside! This is for you!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterGalleryLog in

School campaign, a summary

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Beast King
Elder
Elder
Beast King

Awesomeness : 9

Character sheet
Name: Charles the Ripper
Clan: Gangrel
Covenant: Ordo Dracul

School campaign, a summary Empty
PostSubject: School campaign, a summary   School campaign, a summary I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 05, 2009 2:28 pm

Okay people, here I will post a summary of each session of my WoD school campaign. I'm posting it here since I am also writing this campaign into a book, but not a WoD book, just a ordinary book. That means that some things will be a bit different than the actuall session, no rolls for instance, but this will make the story accessable to the general public.
Also, I don't really want replies in this thread, I'll make a reply thread in the shitz section. This will be only for the summarys.
*Edit: here is the link for the reply section: https://radioactive.forumotion.com/da-shitz-f1/reply-to-story-summaries-t83.htm#1164

Last edited by Beast King on Sat Sep 05, 2009 7:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Beast King
Elder
Elder
Beast King

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: School campaign, a summary   School campaign, a summary I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 05, 2009 3:13 pm

The setting is a smallish town in Dover, which is the south-east of England. The town is called Dover and is roughly the size as Trondheim sentrum. In Dover there is a university, called Dover university, which all the characters this story is about studies at.
The characters are:
Darren Cage, a former policeman now studying law. has a special interest in cases where anything 'odd' is mentioned, because his brother was framed by someone he saw pass through a wall.
Ivan Karkarov, a son of a rich Russian who moved to England together with some members of his family. Studies religion and is quite the social person. Often has a troupe of fangirls after him.
Nicholas Dean, a biker with an attitude. Races his bike in both legal and unlegal races. A passion for bikes and chemistry.
Brendan Frostwood, studies language. Likes to travell and to play games.*note, player has not completely developed his personality yet, but he is working on it*
Sean Willard Prescot III, a stereotypical member of the English upperclass. Studies echonomics.

These five are a group that got together from a shared interest into the unexplanable. Each and every one of them have had contact in some shape or form with beings from the world of darkness and these experiences, shared or not, have brought them together. A pack of friends, in short.

Everything begins with a normal, everyday at school. The students are excited because a professor has just returned from a five year research trip and is holding a special lecture on said research.
The five characters go to the lecture, which is essentially on the world of darkness, or rather, beings with humanlike appearance and intellect which hide among humans.
After the lecture, several students notice a headache, some start to have nosebleeds, Brendan included.
After a bit, it is revealed that there was a gass leak in the room the lecture was in and this was the cause for the headaches and nosebleeds. The university is closed for the day due to repairs.
The characters go to a bar, called the Meaning of Life bar. Darren, who went home to fetch some case files who contained similar circumstances, talks to the owner of the bar, Evangeline McDowell. She has helped him descipre many a case file and is known to be a rather clever woman. She's hispanic and looks to be in her twenties.
The party discuss what happened, Nicholas blows off the lecture as nonsense. He did believe the gass leak was a biological weapon, and still thinks about it, even though the principal assured him it was merely the gass leak.
Evangeline puts Darren in contact with a doctor at Mercy hospital, the local hospital, so he can ask about the gass and such. They travel to Mercy hospital.
Back to top Go down
Beast King
Elder
Elder
Beast King

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: School campaign, a summary   School campaign, a summary I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 06, 2009 7:07 pm

At Mercy they talk with Dr. Connors, who tells them about several gasses who can cause the symptoms described and that they should pass within a day or so.
After this, nothing special happens until reports about the symptoms persist and actually worsen. The official statement is that a more aggresive influensa has struck the town and that the doctors are looking for a cure. Meanwhile, people are starting to act strange, some have headaches more frequently than normal, some bleed from various bodily creavaces, some have hallucinations, some see things that are not there. Then, one day almost a week after Yee's lecture, two people appear in town. They are the lighthouse keepers and they suddenly start attacking people randomly, like crazed animals. They are taken to Mercy hospital and put in isolation. People start demanding answers as to why this is happening and start to gather outside Mercy hospital, hoping to get those answers.
The party is also affected by the strange symptoms, as is family and friends. Some have stronger symphtoms than others. Some have almost no symphtoms at all.
After a while, the situation is visibly bad, people are acting strange, some are desperate for a cure, any cure by any means. Reports of increasing violent behavior are increasing. The hospital stands by its explanation that this is merely a strange flu, but everyone knows that this is something unheard of.
The party is called in by the police, through Darren, who is a ex-cop. they are asked to help in the investigation of what is now termed the 'infection'. Those affected by the infection are called infected and display several symphtoms, like decreased mental ability, increased aggression, desperation, large amounts of the previous symphtoms (headaches, nosebleeds...). These infected are being studied at Mercy, along with the infection itself. The teams are merely to find out circumstances around the infected, find out when they started showing symptoms and such.
The party is one of the teams investigating this infection. They choose to go to the lighthouse, since every other location designated a 'hot-spot' where the infection has shown itself has one or more teams heading towards it.
On their way to the lighthouse, after gathering some equipment and talking with some contact's of Darren, they are stopped by two people who explain that they are freelance scinetists and they are working on the infection. They believe they have found a cure, but they need help to administer the cure to a infected they have captured. The party follows the two men down in a bacement, where a persone seems to be strapped onto a table. Sean's danger sense suddenly tinges as three others follow into the room and close the door, while pulling out various weapons.
Back to top Go down
Beast King
Elder
Elder
Beast King

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: School campaign, a summary   School campaign, a summary I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 09, 2009 8:50 pm

Okay, so the second session starts with the party is in the basement with six others, four of those six are armed and the other two are brawlers.
The 'battle' is rather short lived. First they ask what the attackers want with them, so the whole thing can be resolved peacefully. The answer is "Your blood!" and the battle is on.
Brendan is attacked twice but both attackers stumble and fall, one impaling himself on his knife. Ivan tries to talk sense into the attackers, making one of them hesitate to attack. Sean is hit on the nose, nearly breaking it, but Nicholas saves him by taking out the attacker using a battong. Another tries to grapple Ivan, but he deflty sidesteps, causing the would-be-grappler to stumble and fall. Ivan takes the opportunity to step on his attacker and uses his gun to keep him still.
Darren grapples and starts choking his target, while Brendan uses his gun to make the last standing combatant surrender. There is still one guy left, but he listened to Ivan's social roll and is still wondering what he should do.
Darren orders everyone to stand down, but Nicholas is really pissed at the guy Brendan has his gun pointed at, due to the guy hitting him(Nicholas), so he takes a swing towards his head with his battong. He misses and strikes Brendan's arm instead, causing him to shoot the guy.
Afterwards there was some confusion as to who should do what in the 'cleanup' and such, and Brendan walked over to the last guy, now standing up against a wall. The guy then suddenly attacks Brendan and bites into his neck in order to get to his blood, which he is succesful at. But Nicholas comes to the rescue and this time does not miss on his targeted attack and nearly knocks out the bloodsucker, causing him to let go of Brendan.
Afterwards, the party radios for backup and when the backup arrives, they carry on towards the lighthouse.

At the lighthouse, the party starts investigating. They find that no one is there, the place looks abandoned since the two keepers left towards town a few days perviously. The place shows signs of struggle, but no signs of forced entry. Later consideration of the notes they took while investigating showed that it was more plausible that the struggle was between the two keepers.
They also find the beaten to death body of the professor that held the lecture that started this whole thing. He has a horrofied expression and over his body there are two things written in his blood: "The infecter!" and "Die traitor!".
Ivan, Nicholas and Brendan also find a smokemachine with red powder around it. Nicholas takes a sample of the red powder and is almost killed by extreme 'infected' symphtoms. Ivan and Brendan also react heavilly towards the substance and they barely clear the room.
Once outside, their symptoms clear albeight a bit slowly.
They call for forensics to come and take over the body, while they themselves head back to town, to the police station for a debriefing and raporting.

Something I forgot was that each character by this point has displayed a power. The first one was Nicholas, who dreamt that he was at school. he could hear and see everyone else, but no one could hear, see or touch him.
Ivan discovered he could 'read' other's emotions, Sean heard people talk to him even though no one was, Darren saw Evangeline pour coffie in a cup before he even entered the room. and lastly, Brendan, when he was about to drink water from a tap, was shocked when the water flowed into his mouth, defying the laws of physics by flowing upwards. All these powers were acompanied by headaches, bloody noses etc.
Back to top Go down
Beast King
Elder
Elder
Beast King

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: School campaign, a summary   School campaign, a summary I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2009 11:34 pm

At the police station, the group is in the same room as the original briefing that sent them out as police investigators. But three teams are missing. Charlie, their contact in the police, tells them two teams are still at St. Paul's church and will not make it back in time. But the third team, which went with two other teams to the Mall complex, has not returned or answered any calls. The first raport is from the teams that went to Mercy hospital. They had trouble getting through the mob of people wanting answers and the like, but managed due to their police badges.
Once inside, they spoke with Eiline Prince, the head director of Mercy hospital. She tells them that she has several people working on solving this enigma, among them Dr. Connors. This medical team had not found anything conclusive yet about the virus.
Then she told the teams about 'normal' infected and special infected. 'normal' infected was a name given those who seemed to be more like the zombies of resident evil games. Less intellect, greater strenght, most driven mad atc. Special infected were also affected by the virus, but had reacted diffrently. They had developed 'abnormal' abilities. One special infected could float in mid air. Many of the special infected had also been driven mad, but some retained their human intellect.
The chief of police did not look happy about this and seemed to dismiss the raport as nonsense.
The teams talked to normal infected that had not lost their humanity to hear what they had to say. The infected told about a metalic tast in the air, some sort of red sheam to the air, headaches that just got worse and worse, nosebleeds that developed into bleeding from other body orfices. one infected described it as "It felt like my own blood wanted to leave my body!", vomiting which developed red splotches in it, dizzyness, halusinations and memory holes. "It just became worse and worse until something in me snapped and I just knew; I had to become healthy again, I just had to! If someone gets hurt along the way, so be it!"
The teams weren't allowed to talk to any special infected.
next were the two returning teams that went to Perso Mall complex. First, they reported that they lost contact with the other team after they split up to search the mall for clues. They found much the same as the teams from Mercy raported, but it seemed as though one of the mall bbuildings was the centre of the infection.
Just then, the teams that went to the university stands up and states they concluded that the university was the centre of the infection. Ergo, if both teams were right, the only logical solution would be that there were several centres for the infection.
"So, we have multiple origin points for this infection. Anything new from Perso mall complex or the university?" the chief asked. Both answered negativly.
"Right, lighthouse, you are up!"
Darren is the one who delievers the raport, relaying what they found at the lighthouse. Note, no one in the party really knows about their powers yet, only suspicions, and so have not said anything to the others.
Once he is done, the chief stands up.
"Right! Now, continue your investigations. Find out what is goind on, and have it in a raport on my desk yeasterday! Dismissed!"
Back to top Go down
Beast King
Elder
Elder
Beast King

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: School campaign, a summary   School campaign, a summary I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 19, 2009 8:30 pm

After the debriefing, the party decides to go each to his own and meet up the next day. when they do meet up the next day, Darren is missing. They call him, but get no responce. then they go to his appartment. They find him on the bed with the sterotypical satanic pentagram carved into his chest. He is unconcious. They find a woman in the shower, crying while muttering to herself: "It didn't work!" over and over.
Some investigation and such later, they find out that Darren was ambushed and knocked out by the woman, who then used his blood to 'cleanse' herself, similar to what the ambushers in the basement had intended. She is an infected and had been told that 'pure' blood would purify her of the infection. When it didn't work, she ralised what she did and became cataconic. Darren is admitted into the hospital.
While he is resting there, the rest of the party decides to talk with Dr. Connors about their findings and how his research is going. He shows them a picture of a common flu virus, then shows them the virus causing the infection. They look very similar, the unknown virus has more riges and bumps and spikes than the normal virus. Nicholas gives Connors part of the sample he took, keeping part of it himself. Connors takes the sample and begins to work on it. Darren is eventually released and joins them, getting the gist of the explanation Connors gave.
Afterwards, the party decides to try and speak with some special infected, as well as interrogate the woman who assaulted Darren. They ask Connors if he can arrange that, and he sends them to the wing the special infected are roomed in. They meet a polite nurse called Mary. She is the head nurse in charge of the ward the infected and special infected reside in. She takes them to see the woman who attacked Darren. the party enters her room, intent on getting as much info on her as possible. But when she sees Darren, she crawls over to him while crying and saying: "I'm sorry!" over and over. they eventually learn that she was just trying to get healthy again, to get rid of the pain she was in. Darren focuses his ability to try and 'read' her life, and he sees a normal young woman's life, until the infection and someone telling her that to get healthy, she needs pure blood. All of this is enough to put Darren on a mission, he would do whatever he could to help this woman.
Afterwards, Mary shows them some special infected, including the one who levitates. then, they are allowed to speak with one of the few special infected to have retained his human intelligence, and not simply having decended into madness. His power is magnetism (I will call him Magneto, don't remember his name) and the party is advised not to agitate him, as they don't know if he will go berserk, like some infected do.
Party asks Magneto some stuff about his powers, what happened before he got them, what happened when he realised he had powers and so on. He replies to their questions and after he does, he asks them to kill him, citing his existance an unbearable painfilled hell. Ivan uses his social skills to inspire a new desire to live in the boy, before they leave.
This is the end of that session.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: School campaign, a summary   School campaign, a summary I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

School campaign, a summary
Page 1 of 1