Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

To those i knew, lived, died, fought and killed alongside! This is for you!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterGalleryLog in

Story concepts

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Beast King
Elder
Elder
Beast King

Awesomeness : 9

Character sheet
Name: Charles the Ripper
Clan: Gangrel
Covenant: Ordo Dracul

Story concepts Empty
PostSubject: Story concepts   Story concepts I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 30, 2009 5:28 pm

Okay, the first thing to be put in the place for everything else. Its a story concept I have been thinking off for a while now. Note, its only a concept now, nothing else, and I don't know if I will do anything with it, but it might be interesting anyway.
If nothing else, It could become a nice RP thing. So tell me what you guys think about the concept and where it might go.

Story concept:
Humans have always thought that they ruled this world, and to a certain extent, they were right.
Humans have always thought that they were being watched over by a God, or gods, and to a certain extent, they were right.
Elizabeth was a normal, teenage girl who spent her days going to school, working at a part-time job and hanging out with friends and family on her time off.
But all of that changed when she discovered that there is not one God, but several Gods and Goddesses, and that they do not watch over humanity from Heaven, but that they walk among humans, dressed in human skins, acting as humans but being and doing something no human can understand.
Now, she has to face a world where she is friends with a God and he guides her towards her destiny, a destiny greater than any she could have imagined.
Back to top Go down
Boehlke
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Boehlke

Awesomeness : 43

Character sheet
Name: Nickolas
Covenant: Unbound

Story concepts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Story concepts   Story concepts I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 02, 2009 2:15 am

That concept sounds so damn bad ass! I bet there could be so much cool to build on here.

That's a pretty basic concept idea there, but still. The first thing that sprung to mind was: What are they doing among us? Why? When did they descend? How did they descend? If they did descend at all? Why did they leave us to fend for our selves 3000 - 4000 years ago? Why the sudden meddling in our lives now? Why did Elisabeth learn of them? Is there any ties whatsoever to the bible? Maybe "god" is not one being, one entity, as referred to in the bible, rather a whole race?

Lot's of questions Smile Thought much of them?
Back to top Go down
https://radioactive.forumotion.com
Beast King
Elder
Elder
Beast King

Character sheet

Story concepts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Story concepts   Story concepts I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 02, 2009 1:28 pm

well, all of them when you voiced them tongue
I have thought of those things when I made the concept, and it is just a concept yet because I want to focus on my other story and I find a lot of faults or problems with this concept.
God is simply a name humans have given to what they believe is the entity that created everything. the truth, in this story, is that there are several Gods, i.e. God is not one entity, but several. They did create everything and Earth was created as sort of a home for them, i.e what heaven is in the bible. Humans, and really, all life, was allowed to live alongside these gods simply because the gods want it. so they didn't descend at all, they were right here from the beginning.
And what do you mean about leaving humans 3000-4000 years ago? they let humans live their lives with as little meddling as possible because it is more entertaining that way, but over the last few hundred years, humans have at an increased rate destroyed more and more of earth, something the gods do not like. In fact, the gods are almost out of patience with the humans. Humans may not know it, but they are on the brink of war with the gods, a war they will surely loose.
the bible was written by a god who put himself as the God mostly because he saw that humans needed something to believe in. The same with Jesus.
How and why Elisabeth learn of them is not yet clear, i haven't thought too much on that yet.
Back to top Go down
Boehlke
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Boehlke

Character sheet

Story concepts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Story concepts   Story concepts I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 02, 2009 5:13 pm

Beast King wrote:
well, all of them when you voiced them tongue
I have thought of those things when I made the concept, and it is just a concept yet because I want to focus on my other story and I find a lot of faults or problems with this concept.

Huh.. Well there is a lot of loose ends with this concept, but that is just great I think. It ads a touch of mysticism.
Other than that, I don't really see any problems.

Quote :
And what do you mean about leaving humans 3000-4000 years ago? they let humans live their lives with as little meddling as possible because it is more entertaining that way.

In old Egyptian Hieroglyphs there is the tellings of Gods and demigods that walk with them, teaching them, heck, even breeding with them. This is a very controversial topic, it is true, that's what the Hieroglyphs say, at least to our knowledge.
This is pre-Christianity of course, and the christian god, and jesus is simply built out of them. There's a long list of gods and the like that behaves and does exactly the same things as god and this "Jesus" did. the Christian religion is a parody on the worship of the Sun, in which they put a man whom they call Christ, in the place of the Sun, and pay him the same adoration which was originally paid to the Sun. You got Tammuz, Osiris and Horus, Dionysus/Bacchus, Mithras, Zarathustra, hell even Krishna, the list just goes on and on and on.

The point is, at the start, "god" and his agents did meddle with us, quite a lot actually, until "god" chose that meddling should be forbidden. That's why Lucifer was cast down, becuase he meant that humans would not manage alone, he ten chose to defy "god" and meddle, his punishment, we all know what that is. The answer as to why god chose this lies within the bible, I won't go into that here.

Quote :
but over the last few hundred years, humans have at an increased rate destroyed more and more of earth, something the gods do not like. In fact, the gods are almost out of patience with the humans. Humans may not know it, but they are on the brink of war with the gods, a war they will surely loose.
the bible was written by a god who put himself as the God mostly because he saw that humans needed something to believe in. The same with Jesus.
How and why Elisabeth learn of them is not yet clear, i haven't thought too much on that yet.

Also, in the bible you got 12 gospels. While in truth there was about 300 written by "important" people all over. During the year 500 or 800, cant remember exactly there was decided that the book became too big, and very very contradictorily. They then chose to cut it down to 12 Gospels. In about the same time period they also came to the conclusion that Women had a Soul.

Just something to think about so you get things right Wink
Back to top Go down
Nemonomicon
Anchillae
Anchillae
Nemonomicon

Character sheet
Name: Nemo
Clan: Ventrue/Malkavian
Covenant: The Invictus

Story concepts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Story concepts   Story concepts I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 09, 2009 8:15 am

The story consept has potential. Depends on what type of conflict that shows itself. And of course, why Gods decided to live like they do.

Is it in this thread one should post all the story consepts? Or shall we make one for each?
Back to top Go down
Beast King
Elder
Elder
Beast King

Character sheet

Story concepts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Story concepts   Story concepts I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 09, 2009 1:51 pm

just post them here. No need to have a second story concept thread.
Back to top Go down
Nemonomicon
Anchillae
Anchillae
Nemonomicon

Character sheet

Story concepts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Story concepts   Story concepts I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 09, 2009 2:23 pm

Had an idea for a story concept for DnD. Here we go.

The world is slowly returning back to its original state, the great reckoning, where almost all of the planets Magic where siphoned into the maw of abyss, as a desperat atempt to stop the demonic invasion which threatned the planets inhabitants. Many died during the 5 years of virtually no magic. and many of the species that dependet on their magical affinity where those who suffered the most. But for some where this a era of prosperity.

The savage races which did not rely on magic saw an oppurtunity and ceased it as good as it can. The union of man, elf and dwarf, where demolished. The dwarf cut contact with the world above, since the the drow and duergar joined forces to bring the dwarfs down. They are now constantly at war, and both sides suffers greatly. the elfs, fled deep into the forests, and abandond their cities. the orcs which attacked outnumbered the elfs 5 to 1 and without their magical superiority, they knew they wouldnt stand a chance. The orc now lives in the elven cities and villages and in camps around the forest, making escape for the elves a dangerous if not impossible. the humans powerfull society fell by a unsuspected alliance between goblins and trolls. Most humans lives as a slave for the trolls, which have become the authority of the cities and village, and the goblins are the residents and militia of the troll empire. Half-orcs experienced a mixed destiny. those which lived in the human society are now slaves, like the other humanoids, but those which joined the orcs on their crusade against the elf, lives as free men among the orcs. But what of those on other planes, how will they judge and act upon this change of power?

So what do you guys think?
Back to top Go down
Boehlke
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Boehlke

Character sheet

Story concepts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Story concepts   Story concepts I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 09, 2009 6:54 pm

That was actually quite interesting. Wouldn't mind play a game like that Smile
Back to top Go down
Nemonomicon
Anchillae
Anchillae
Nemonomicon

Character sheet

Story concepts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Story concepts   Story concepts I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 09, 2009 11:47 pm

Boehlke wrote:
That was actually quite interesting. Wouldn't mind play a game like that Smile

Good to hear Very Happy Which race or side would you liked to play?
Back to top Go down
Boehlke
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Boehlke

Character sheet

Story concepts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Story concepts   Story concepts I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2009 2:27 am

Well, I got fetish for the human, dwarven and Elvish side. So I'd probably go for one of them Smile
Back to top Go down
Nemonomicon
Anchillae
Anchillae
Nemonomicon

Character sheet

Story concepts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Story concepts   Story concepts I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2009 2:29 am

Boehlke wrote:
Well, I got fetish for the human, dwarven and Elvish side. So I'd probably go for one of them Smile

noted. I might one day make a campaign in with this setting. If people here are interested, I might make one for you guys.
Back to top Go down
Boehlke
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Boehlke

Character sheet

Story concepts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Story concepts   Story concepts I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2009 2:40 am

Sounds cool Smile I'm in. I'm single now too. So I wont be bound by the mind wrecking longing of the miss. Well, I will feel that longing for many moths now, heh... But I hope you catch my drift Smile

So, I might actually be able to do the trip anytime now, and we could do it all face to face.
Back to top Go down
Nemonomicon
Anchillae
Anchillae
Nemonomicon

Character sheet

Story concepts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Story concepts   Story concepts I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2009 2:44 am

That would indeed be substantial better then playing over skype. But if not possible, skype will have to do.
Back to top Go down
Boehlke
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Boehlke

Character sheet

Story concepts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Story concepts   Story concepts I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2009 2:47 am

Yeah, but I'd put my bet on some traveling. I have a real problem doing such things when I cannot see the people you are doing it with. There is soooo much more to language than mere voice.

*Edit*

Oh, And Congrats with the Neonate Rank Nemo Smile

Last edited by Boehlke on Wed Sep 16, 2009 3:07 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Beast King
Elder
Elder
Beast King

Character sheet

Story concepts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Story concepts   Story concepts I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2009 2:07 pm

I agree with boehlke. Body language is a big part of things.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Story concepts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Story concepts   Story concepts I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Story concepts
Page 1 of 1