Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

To those i knew, lived, died, fought and killed alongside! This is for you!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterGalleryLog in

Help! Need One Piece System.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Lucky7AX
Kine
Kine
Lucky7AX

Awesomeness : 0

Character sheet
Name:
Clan:
Covenant:

Help! Need One Piece System. Empty
PostSubject: Help! Need One Piece System.   Help! Need One Piece System. I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 24, 2009 2:35 am

Hey guys

I've been watching the Anime One Piece alot lately and i've been getting the urge to play or GM a P&P campaign in the One Piece Universe

In the OP universe there exists a certain fruit called the "Devils Fruit".
These fruits will give certain powers to whomever eats one of them and almost every fruit is different, but there are three main groups of fruits:

-The Zoan that will allow the user to transform into an animal, much like natural werewolves in D&D.
-The Logia that will allow the user to control, emit and/or transform into a natural element e.g. Fire, Lightning, Ice.
-The Paramecia that will give the body of the user certain properties. This can be anything from affecting certain particles around your body,
spiltting your body into many pieces, becoming steel, wood, rubber, soap etc. or even creating new limbs...
A common weakness for all who have eaten a Devil Fruit is that they become immovable like a rock when they come in contact with bodies of water.

I can't find anyone else that has made any rules for that particular world so i guess i have to use one of the existing P&P systems and make variant rules.
The main problem is the sheer amount of powers in the world.
The first i though about was using D20 and just removing magic and replacing it with the Devil Fruit powers that is in the series. However, this is just to quirky.
D20 is too... Believe it or not... Rigid... tongue
WOD also came to mind. I thought that i might be able to use the system and make my own "races" in the form of "Devil Fruit Users" and "Skilled People".
This would result in extremely much work, because of all the different ways to gain power in the OP universe.
I've also been thinking about using the Dark Heresy system, but i think the level and power system would result way to much work. and in the end it wouldn't work.

So i need your help. If you know about any system that could work or perhaps just a way to make it work in either of the systems mentioned above, please do tell.
I really want to make a campaign out of this one day...
Back to top Go down
Boehlke
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Boehlke

Awesomeness : 43

Character sheet
Name: Nickolas
Clan: Gangrel
Covenant: Unbound

PostSubject: Re: Help! Need One Piece System.   Help! Need One Piece System. I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 24, 2009 3:49 am

Oh crap... That, eh.. I'll try come with something constrictive after a good night with a lot of sleep Wink

The whole thing sounded kind of fun Smile
Back to top Go down
https://radioactive.forumotion.com
Lucky7AX
Kine
Kine
Lucky7AX

Character sheet
Name:
Clan:
Covenant:

PostSubject: Re: Help! Need One Piece System.   Help! Need One Piece System. I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 24, 2009 4:17 am

I've also been thinking about looking into the GURPS system...
I haven't tried it yet, but i've heard that it was flexible and easily customizable.
Back to top Go down
Dragon-of-Legends
Neonate
Neonate
Dragon-of-Legends

Character sheet
Name: Prometheus/Strymer
Clan: Mekhet
Covenant:

PostSubject: Re: Help! Need One Piece System.   Help! Need One Piece System. I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 24, 2009 12:49 pm

GURPS? what in the Going Merry is that?

i think a P&P adventure in the One Piece universe would be a Great idea, had i been where you were at the time of this event you wouldnt even have to ask me to join cus i would already have joined =D
Back to top Go down
Boehlke
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Boehlke

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Help! Need One Piece System.   Help! Need One Piece System. I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 24, 2009 11:30 pm

Lucky7AX wrote:
I've also been thinking about looking into the GURPS system...
I haven't tried it yet, but i've heard that it was flexible and easily customizable.

I think you should look into the GURPS thingie. I have never ever been near it, so I have no idea how it works.

But what we all do know, is that if you use either WOD, 20D, or whatever. You will have to do a LOT of work.

My guess is that there will be a lot of work even with the GURPS aswell...
Back to top Go down
Lucky7AX
Kine
Kine
Lucky7AX

Character sheet
Name:
Clan:
Covenant:

PostSubject: Re: Help! Need One Piece System.   Help! Need One Piece System. I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 25, 2009 12:26 am

Boehlke wrote:

I think you should look into the GURPS thingie. I have never ever been near it, so I have no idea how it works.

But what we all do know, is that if you use either WOD, 20D, or whatever. You will have to do a LOT of work.

My guess is that there will be a lot of work even with the GURPS aswell...

I've been reading a bit in the "GURPS 4e Basic set: Characters" book and it seems that it is doable to make rules for a One Piece campaign without too much fuss.
The system itself is very customisable and i think the "point buy" mechanic for leveling could make balancing between different types of characters fairly easy.

Maybe i'll try to have a short campaign thiss fall with the GURPS system, but for now i'll just read the books to get into all of the rules.
Back to top Go down
Boehlke
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Boehlke

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Help! Need One Piece System.   Help! Need One Piece System. I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 25, 2009 12:37 am

Allright. Keep us updated then Smile Good to know if the GURPS is great for building new game lines.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Help! Need One Piece System.   Help! Need One Piece System. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Help! Need One Piece System.
Page 1 of 1