Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

To those i knew, lived, died, fought and killed alongside! This is for you!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterGalleryLog in

healing for newbei

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Beast King
Elder
Elder
Beast King

Awesomeness : 9

Character sheet
Name: Charles the Ripper
Clan: Gangrel
Covenant: Ordo Dracul

healing for newbei Empty
PostSubject: healing for newbei   healing for newbei I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 22, 2009 11:04 pm

As a future druid, I am a future healer as well. I will level as feral, but I will also dual-spec at some point, and while I will have one feral spec, I will also have one healing spec.But this leads to one problem. How to be a good healer, and still a good druid.
So, tips?
Back to top Go down
Dragon-of-Legends
Neonate
Neonate
Dragon-of-Legends

Awesomeness : 0

Character sheet
Name: Prometheus/Strymer
Clan: Mekhet
Covenant:

healing for newbei Empty
PostSubject: Re: healing for newbei   healing for newbei I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 23, 2009 2:24 am

to be a good druid you must show that you can keep an all rounded role, meaning you should by alright be able to heal, tank and or dps wether its melee or ranged with same efficiency, ofcourse you are not expected to maintain all these traits atonce so my tip to you is: know what stats you need for your chosen role and roll on loot there after, and last but certainly not least is to be a well rounded polite person who can take the good with the bad and vice versa and all that jazz
Back to top Go down
Lucky7AX
Kine
Kine
Lucky7AX

Awesomeness : 0

Character sheet
Name:
Clan:
Covenant:

healing for newbei Empty
PostSubject: Re: healing for newbei   healing for newbei I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 23, 2009 7:06 am

Fixed Razz
Beast King wrote:
I will be a good healer, because I'll play as a druid.

And now for the serious part.
As healers, Druids are as mobile as it gets. Many of your healing spells are instant cast so you can cast them while you run and this gives you a huge advantage since a good part of the dungeon bosses have portions where you have to move to get out of Aoe spells, jump from platform to platform(Lurker) or just move back and forth to avoid getting hurt by some strange spell. (Keristrasza in Nexus)
You also have the ability to get out of roots/snares/etc. on your own just by changing to another form. And you you by any chance get too much aggro, well change into cat form and cower to get the mobs off your back.
Most of your heals will be Hot's and while this is awesome for keeping all partymembers alive, you face one challenge: Getting the Tank's HP up after a powerful attack. 

For this you have a couple of spells:

-Healing Touch: Your only "normal" heal. It has a long cast time (3sec) Heals fairly little when compared to other heals, but when your tank is low you will be happy that you got it. It can become instant when used with nature's swiftness. (And you are probably going to cast it with NS most of the time)

-Nourish: Some say it's bad, some say it's good. I say it's ok. It's a small instant heal that gets a bit better with one of your HoT effects on the target.

Your most important task as a healer in a 5-man group is to keep the tank alive. Don't be afraid to use cooldowns to keep him alive. (Take good care of your tanks ppl. No need to add even more to their already high repair bills. Razz)

You also have to take the time to dispel whatever negative effects you can from your party members. This will make it much easier to keep them alive. And your ultimate ace up your sleeve, In-combat rezz can save the day by getting that extra DPS from a fallen party member.

Well this is all i can think of right now. If there is more that you are wondering about, just ask.
Back to top Go down
rayx10
Neonate
Neonate
rayx10

Awesomeness : 4

Character sheet
Name: Ray McLeod
Clan: Khaibit (Mekhet)
Covenant: Carthian Movement

healing for newbei Empty
PostSubject: Re: healing for newbei   healing for newbei I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 23, 2009 5:41 pm

Aye, my druid is feral/restoration specced as well, even though my feral gear sucks donkey testicles ._.

Like luckydude said, biggest hoop for healing druids to jump through is to heal a large amount in short time, thats more of a paladin or priest specialization ....

My rememdy to that, like many other druids I guess, is to just constantly have a buttload of HoTs on the tank in question, can throw in a Nourish when it takes a lot of damage and that usually covers it, as Nourish gets a lot of + from other HoTs, also stacking lifebloom to 3 on them fixes it too.

Some say healing druids dont need crit rating because most of their healing are healing over time and therefore unable to crit, I disagree, for when you get a crit with certain heals its a huge help to tanks brought low in HP, + they'll get a buff that'll heal them on next strike.

And of course spirit is the main stat, but after you have 900mp5 (like me) unbuffed you dont really need any more ..... you'll never run out of mana with that much.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

healing for newbei Empty
PostSubject: Re: healing for newbei   healing for newbei I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

healing for newbei
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Da WOW-
Jump to: