Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

To those i knew, lived, died, fought and killed alongside! This is for you!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterGalleryLog in

Left 4 Dead 2

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Boehlke
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Boehlke

Awesomeness : 43

Character sheet
Name: Nickolas
Clan: Gangrel
Covenant: Unbound

Left 4 Dead 2 Empty
PostSubject: Left 4 Dead 2   Left 4 Dead 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 04, 2009 4:39 pm

Yo! Beastie! Tried the Demo yet? I'm downloading it now. I'm like a kid in a candy store waiting for it to finish :p

We gotta do a all nighter when the full version is out. Would have been cool to run through the game first time with someone else that have not yet finished the game don't you think?
Back to top Go down
https://radioactive.forumotion.com
Beast King
Elder
Elder
Beast King

Awesomeness : 9

Character sheet
Name: Charles the Ripper
Covenant: Ordo Dracul

Left 4 Dead 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Left 4 Dead 2   Left 4 Dead 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 04, 2009 5:03 pm

yeah, that sounds awesome. let me know what you think of the demo.
Back to top Go down
Boehlke
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Boehlke

Character sheet

Left 4 Dead 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Left 4 Dead 2   Left 4 Dead 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 04, 2009 5:11 pm

Sure thing. It's on 50% now. MAN I can't wait :p
Back to top Go down
Boehlke
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Boehlke

Character sheet

Left 4 Dead 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Left 4 Dead 2   Left 4 Dead 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 04, 2009 7:37 pm

Then I've played through the Demo. All I can say is: Holy shit!

The game has been given a slightly visual upgrade which results in severe lag on my poor old laptop at times. This is bad for me, but good for you guys with a up to date gaming PC. I can only imagine how fun it must be with the graphics switched to MAX.

Damage, damage in this game is more severe, this might be linked to the slightly enhanced graphics, but when you get a lucky shot and half the stomach gets blown away, revealing intestines and ribs, well, I for one can't help but lean back an laugh. Illustrated in the picture blow (Have in mind I had the graphic settings turned to minimum)
Left 4 Dead 2 L4d210

So, as I was saying. It seems there are more places to actually hit on the zombies, and they react accordingly. They did this in L4D too, but there are more spots now, which results in a more variety of deaths and wicked injuries.

The perhaps most fun part in the game is the close combat weapons. First melee weapon I found was a frying pan. I rushed up to a zombie and hit him with all I got. A nice and satisfying metallic "Diiing" was heard as I bashed his head to a pulp of blood. Man, that was satisfying. Not to mention after bashing a few other zombies too, the screen was covered in blood. That was so damn hillarious. Later on I found a Machete, by god I loved that weapon. Slash and gash, I cut another ass in alot of zombies. Cutting of arms, legs and heads. Cutting their stomachs open and all. That was so bloody I bearly believed what I saw. The last melee weapon I found was a el-guitar. Sadly I did not get to try it out, I was being hunted by a Witch at the time. I tell you. Those witches are a more danger now. I head the hulking cry of the witch, I sneaked around to find her. But she was nowhere. Then suddenly amidst a horde of zombies, there she was. Walking around. Man, the witches are walking. That's a bitch!

Besides from the Walking Witch, there is several new special infected. The Jock, I don't know how to describe him, but you could perhpas link him to gollum, just not that thin. And we got the Spitter. A ugly woman with a jaw so ripped she has a mouth as big as a.. Well, I don't know, her mouth was just ripped way too open, resulting in a smile that goes from the nose to the middle of the neck or something. She spits some acid goo on you. And it has quite the area effect. There was one more that I encountered, but I can't remember the name. I'm sure he was no bid deal, haha.

The missions, if you want to call it that seems more innovative than the previous game. You have to do more interesting tasks to find your way and that sort of thing. To me it also seems like there where LOTS more zombies. JOY!

There's also a range of new and cool ranged weapons. The gun is there, but the gun you have to exhange for a melee weapon if you want. And that's ok, the Machete kills the pistol any day.

The new characters seem cool enough. Especially this hillbilly kid with a southern accent, that guy cracked me over more than once during the short demo. The others just seemed a bit bland to me. Guess I'll miss Bill, Zoey, Frances and the nigger Louis.

There seems to be just as little history in this game as the last one. A pity, I'd like to be drawn more into the game but it is fun none the less.
Back to top Go down
Nemonomicon
Anchillae
Anchillae
Nemonomicon

Character sheet
Name: Nemo
Clan: Ventrue/Malkavian
Covenant: The Invictus

Left 4 Dead 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Left 4 Dead 2   Left 4 Dead 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 04, 2009 7:59 pm

The big one is either Tank or Charger. Tried it out today, was rather fun. my only nitpick is that is hard to see the difference between the shotguns. the rest was nice.
Back to top Go down
Boehlke
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Boehlke

Character sheet

Left 4 Dead 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Left 4 Dead 2   Left 4 Dead 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 04, 2009 8:13 pm

Huh, I think there was quite the difference. There was three shotguns. One shitty, one better, and one kick ass(The fully loaded army one)
Back to top Go down
Nemonomicon
Anchillae
Anchillae
Nemonomicon

Character sheet
Name: Nemo
Clan: Ventrue/Malkavian
Covenant: The Invictus

Left 4 Dead 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Left 4 Dead 2   Left 4 Dead 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 04, 2009 8:15 pm

Boehlke wrote:
Huh, I think there was quite the difference. There was three shotguns. One shitty, one better, and one kick ass(The fully loaded army one)

in effect yes, but visually they looked the same, making me unsure of to pick it up or not
Back to top Go down
Boehlke
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Boehlke

Character sheet

Left 4 Dead 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Left 4 Dead 2   Left 4 Dead 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 04, 2009 8:18 pm

Huh... That's your opinion, heh.
Back to top Go down
Beast King
Elder
Elder
Beast King

Character sheet

Left 4 Dead 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Left 4 Dead 2   Left 4 Dead 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 04, 2009 9:50 pm

Hmm, If it demands more from the PC, I might not be able to play it. I only have a poor laptop as well you know. I already am play L4D on the lowest settings, at least I think I am...
Back to top Go down
Boehlke
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Boehlke

Character sheet

Left 4 Dead 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Left 4 Dead 2   Left 4 Dead 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 04, 2009 9:52 pm

Same problem as me then. I don't have internet on my gamer pc. That sucks.
Back to top Go down
Beast King
Elder
Elder
Beast King

Character sheet

Left 4 Dead 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Left 4 Dead 2   Left 4 Dead 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 12, 2009 8:44 pm

so, have you tried the full game now?
Back to top Go down
Boehlke
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Boehlke

Character sheet

Left 4 Dead 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Left 4 Dead 2   Left 4 Dead 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 13, 2009 3:37 am

Nope, I have not. You?
Back to top Go down
Beast King
Elder
Elder
Beast King

Character sheet

Left 4 Dead 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Left 4 Dead 2   Left 4 Dead 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 13, 2009 6:40 am

nope, not yet.
Back to top Go down
Boehlke
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Boehlke

Character sheet

Left 4 Dead 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Left 4 Dead 2   Left 4 Dead 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 13, 2009 6:35 pm

Haha, ok. I'm waiting for others to get the game. Funnier to explore it with others as we talked about.
Back to top Go down
Boehlke
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Boehlke

Character sheet

Left 4 Dead 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Left 4 Dead 2   Left 4 Dead 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 01, 2010 3:16 pm

Right... Left? Riiight?

I think I'll buy mine today. Over steam.

Bought Mass Effect 2 while waiting for others to pic up LFD2, but turns out ME2 only works on pc's with more than a single core CPU. My old Über pc just turned into old dirt not worth shit. Can't play the game. DOH

So, the LFD2 is up! You gonna buy it soon?
Back to top Go down
Boehlke
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Boehlke

Character sheet

Left 4 Dead 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Left 4 Dead 2   Left 4 Dead 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 01, 2010 3:18 pm

Huh. Did you know you can buy a four pack of LFD2 at Steam, one for yourself and 3 for your friends. If I shat money, I'd do that!
Back to top Go down
rayx10
Neonate
Neonate
rayx10

Awesomeness : 4

Character sheet
Name: Ray McLeod
Clan: Khaibit (Mekhet)
Covenant: Carthian Movement

Left 4 Dead 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Left 4 Dead 2   Left 4 Dead 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 02, 2010 4:32 pm

I have one thing to say.

Left 4 Dead 2 091201

'nuff said.
Back to top Go down
Boehlke
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Boehlke

Character sheet

Left 4 Dead 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Left 4 Dead 2   Left 4 Dead 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 02, 2010 6:23 pm

hahahah! Nice.
Back to top Go down
Boehlke
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Boehlke

Character sheet

Left 4 Dead 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Left 4 Dead 2   Left 4 Dead 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 03, 2010 9:29 pm

Holy cow. Just ran a locally hosted game with Director panic. The horde is constantly being spawned. Always two or three Tanks roaming around. Jeeesus that was awesome!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Left 4 Dead 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Left 4 Dead 2   Left 4 Dead 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Left 4 Dead 2
Page 1 of 1